Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Apr 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3062336)   #676
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I never said Pescarolo ever ran with green wheels ..... just pointing out that green wheels would look the dogs ******** on the car .
Old 19 Apr 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3062338)   #677
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
To be fair though weren't the yellow wheels sort of Dome's thing, like when the car first came out in 08? Still looks fantastic this way though even with the yellow wheels, the colors of the two teams mesh very nicely!
Yes they do work well ..... but I'd prefer to see green wheels . Fantastic looking chassis though .
Old 20 Apr 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3062715)   #678
Prometheus
Rookie

Germany
Dortmund
Prometheus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Dagys tweeting some bad news:

Quote:
Have it under good authority that Pescarolo Team will not be at Spa with its new Pescarolo 03 Judd. @FIAWEC #WEC
Quote:
While Pesca will still be there debuting the Dome S102.5, it's a shame for the 16 crew, which was third in @FIAWEC points after Sebring
Quote:
Pescarolo Team also tops FIA Endurance Trophy for Private LMP1 team, although I believe its Dome will be able to accumulate points for that
It's a pity, but not really that surprising...
Old 20 Apr 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3062718)   #679
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no surprise, really predictable. In my realistic opinion the 03 won't be ready even for le mans, because the whole team is too much focusing on the dome s102.5 (also because henri is directly financied by dome to do this). Maybe in the meanwhile the best choice was to put a fin and cut some holes on the bodywork of the 01 evo, was pretty easy like this, also because the c60 tub can be equipped with the judd 3.4 v8 without problems
Old 20 Apr 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3062720)   #680
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I had a bad feeling about this. There were plenty of updates on the Dome progress and very little on the 03, and not a single photo or even a render.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3062807)   #681
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Henri Pescarolo :
"La Pescarolo 03 est tout simplement magnifique. Si elle va aussi vite qu’elle est belle, je peux vous assurer qu’elle sera très performante !"
"The Pescarolo 03 is simply splendid. If it goes as fast as it's beautiful, I can assure you that it will be very efficient !"

He also says that there are delays with the making of some front parts of the bodywork.
Ok, maybe he will not take SPA, due to delay of front parts, but the "03" even without sketch ´s is alive and will be at Le Mans. Mr Henry don´t play with serious things.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3062824)   #682
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think he'll have the car ready by then. Give them more time to get it finished and test it as well. At least the DOME will be at Spa to challenge Audi. If it's even able to outpace the HPD's or Rebellion!
Old 20 Apr 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3062863)   #683
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what happens to the 'you can't show up at Le Mans with an unraced car' rule now that Toyota and Pescarolo will both apparantly be doing just that?

I know the sport owes both a huge debt (Toyota for saving the World championship & Henri for the legacy factor), but how many waivers can be given out (after all, this isn't GTE lol)
Old 20 Apr 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3062865)   #684
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what happens to the 'you can't show up at Le Mans with an unraced car' rule now that Toyota and Pescarolo will both apparantly be doing just that?

I know the sport owes both a huge debt (Toyota for saving the World championship & Henri for the legacy factor), but how many waivers can be given out (after all, this isn't GTE lol)
Old 20 Apr 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3062866)   #685
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post

Enough to make sure the WEC doesn't become anothe stagnant series...
Old 20 Apr 2012, 23:55 (Ref:3062876)   #686
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think he'll have the car ready by then. Give them more time to get it finished and test it as well. At least the DOME will be at Spa to challenge Audi. If it's even able to outpace the HPD's or Rebellion!

to challange audi? the only realistic objective for the s102.5 at spa is to don't be the slowest lmp1 of the grid...
Old 21 Apr 2012, 04:39 (Ref:3062922)   #687
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
LOL, I agree. With my optimistic hat on I'd expect Dome to get on the pace of the quicker privateers by Le Mans, but even then reliability might be a problem. At Spa their objective will be setup work and overall getting used to working on the car in race conditions.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 05:59 (Ref:3062935)   #688
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post

to challange audi? the only realistic objective for the s102.5 at spa is to don't be the slowest lmp1 of the grid...
Didn't you read the rest of my comment? I said IF it's even able to outpace Rebellion and the HPD's. DOME aren't going to be slow, they have some very capable drivers on top of a pretty good package.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3062991)   #689
The Badger
Veteran

Cant say Im surprised about the P/03 ..... dissapointed yes .

I reckon this is going to be one big let down for Pescarolo at Le Mans this year , and I feel most of that will come down to the engine and lack of developm
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3063064)   #690
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and all opinions are valid.

But please, the Pescarolo 03 is a completely new car that has yet to evolve. Anyone remember such a Audi R8R / C in 1999 that tests is that they do? when they were introduced? The Audi R8C how to behave? It was a learning year right? According to several reviews both the Toyota and the Pescarolo 03 (completely new cars) will be as AMR-One, a disaster.

let's wait for the day of testing and then see, I'm not saying they will win or be a disaster, but let's not get into apocalyptic scenarios.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3063074)   #691
alexkiller8
Veteran

ok but you can't compare audi with pescarolo, audi in the debut year had a so big bugdet that ran with 2 totally different prototypes! pescarolo situation isn't minimaly comparable. In my opinion pescarolo for this year had to just update the 01evo or still better and easily reach an agreement with jacques nicolet to use the new oak bodywork on their car, they would be really competitive like this. In the meanwhile they woul keep on working on the 03 to debut just for one year in 2013.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3063103)   #692
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
let's wait for the day of testing and then see, I'm not saying they will win or be a disaster, but let's not get into apocalyptic scenarios.
For starters , turning up at Le Mans with no race under your belt is certainly not the way to go . In fact , If I was on the ACO commitee , any car that had no race under its belt wouldnt get in , end of . Its a 24 hour race , not a 24 hour test and takes more deserving entries out of the equation . Im not say that Pescarolo isnt a deserving team , on the contrary , but they dont deserve an entry with this planned 03 , as it stands .

Mark my words ..... Ive been to many Le Mans , new cars have won on their first attempt , but with tons of testing under their belts and run by works teams ..... this will be a sad reflection on Pescarolos past years .

You tell me what silver lining you see in this cloud then ? Nothing wrong with being an optimist , but being realistic is very valid too .

As for the Dome ..... its a lovely car , it was also once a fast car ..... no more , as it stands at the minute .

Who compared Pescarolo to Audi .

The R8R never really put a foot wrong , even in its first year it put on a decent show . As for the C ..... I feel that it was never a full blown effort , and more a precursor for the Bentley that followed soon after .
Old 21 Apr 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3063315)   #693
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
I do not understand, Le Mans is something unique in motorsport, I did not compare the Audi with Pescarolo, one is official, the other is private, I just said that everyone is entitled to participate. How each team prepares depends on many factors, now they can not part with a new car just because they do not test, do not look right to me.

Excluded teams with new cars and no tests, surely I do not think the solution for Le Mans.

Dome just want to go for Fast times not to finish races, and they are welcome to Le Mans
Old 21 Apr 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3063319)   #694
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
According to several reviews both the Toyota and the Pescarolo 03 (completely new cars) will be as AMR-One, a disaster.
Source for this? Because I can't see anyone with a decent head on their shoulders coming out with that...

They may not be mega competitive, they may be struck with niggles that keep biting them in the race but I'd bet bottom dollar that both will run for more than the combined six laps the AMR-One did. The AMR-One is the biggest joke, farce, whatever you want to call it in the modern era of endurance racing. Whatever we say about Toyota and Pescarolo, for one, they aren't doing anything radical and outside of the box, and they don't have a head honcho who thinks that they intimidate Audi. Nor were they built by a company living on past hype...
Old 21 Apr 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3063320)   #695
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Source for this? Because I can't see anyone with a decent head on their shoulders coming out with that...
If you read his post he is talking about the negative reactions from forum members.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3063340)   #696
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post

They may not be mega competitive, they may be struck with niggles that keep biting them in the race but I'd bet bottom dollar that both will run for more than the combined six laps the AMR-One did. The AMR-One is the biggest joke, farce, whatever you want to call it in the modern era of endurance racing. Whatever we say about Toyota and Pescarolo, for one, they aren't doing anything radical and outside of the box, and they don't have a head honcho who thinks that they intimidate Audi. Nor were they built by a company living on past hype...
A few fellows in this forum , not me
Old 22 Apr 2012, 00:57 (Ref:3063396)   #697
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
A few fellows in this forum , not me
My bad, sorry!

I really hope Pescarolo are able to contend amongst the privateers though, having watched sports car racing since back in the day, I can't deny that Henri is a favourite of mine
Old 22 Apr 2012, 01:30 (Ref:3063399)   #698
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
I just said that everyone is entitled to participate
I disagree , everyone is not entitled to participate . You earn your place , either by winning an auto invite , or on credibility .

There is 56 pits , not enough for everyone to be entitled . So , you pick the best for the biggest sportscar event in the world ..... I have no issues with that .

Look at Hope Racing last year , AMR last year ..... were they really deserving . If other teams opperate and get their chassis finished for the job , there really is no excuse . Pescarolo is one of my favourite teams , but this year with the 03 ..... they dont deserve an entry , as much as I want to see it there .

Murphy proto & Status GP had a reserve spot ..... I would rather see that chassis in , putting on a good show that a P03 that probably wont do much at all .

We need finishers , not walking wounded ..... brilliant race that would be !!!

I suppose under the everyone is entitled to participate banner , we should have Ian Dawson and his car there too ..... come on !!! .....

Why not invite the soup kitchen chef while your at it .

Last edited by The Badger; 22 Apr 2012 at 01:40.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3063484)   #699
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
seems that we have a few differing opinions here however I would just like to add that any team that makes it to LM would have put in a hugh amount of effort and spent a good deal of money so looking back on things that did not work and berating them is not good for this sport it only encourages safe and stale racing, and hopefully the ACO will always have some respect for new and developing cars although in today's world just getting a full grid is hard enough
Old 22 Apr 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3063487)   #700
The Badger
Veteran

Fine , opinions are fine .

Didnt Tom Walkinshaw say to win Le Mans you need to do it 3 times . Im all for new chassis , teams etc , but turning up with no race development isnt very brignt now , is it ? Some feel its the way to go !!!

And dont quote the delta wing as its a one off .

As for berating them , Im being realistic , call it what you will . Ive already said my thoughts on Pescarolo as a team , an excellant squad .

So , you feel the 2 car entry from AMR last year was a good idea then . Brilliant from a team perspective , excellant marketing , and will go down in history as what exactly ? Or maybe we should clap AMR on the back and tell them what an excellant job they did in getting their cars there . If they had been man enough , at least they would have gotten in another Vantage , or possibily (iirc) another AMR/Lola which would have served their image a bit more .

Oh yeah , the AMR cars that were bought by collectors didnt even get to them , cuz they wernt wanted anymore ..... thats where your lack of preparation gets you .

Now ..... GT6 .....

(1) what is Le Mans , please explain that to me ?

(2) Please explain what good the AMR project did for their image ?

(3) Take a look at the 10/tenths thread on the subject , maybe you even offered a comment .

Last edited by The Badger; 22 Apr 2012 at 08:33.