Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 13 May 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2689754)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Laguna Seca ALMS race to be streamed live.

Keeping to its edict of being a championship “For the Fans”, the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón will stream the full six-hour round of the 2010 season at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. A worldwide audience can catch flag-to-flag action during the American Le Mans Series Monterey presented by Patrón, set for 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, May 22. http://americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=live

John Hindaugh will be providing the play x play.

Great News, and to the ALMS I want to say Thank you.
Old 13 May 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2689788)   #2
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You beat me to it! Thanks for the link
Old 13 May 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2689800)   #3
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
John Hindaugh will be providing the play x play.
AKA Commentating? Hope they'd team up with RLM for something like this. I'll be surprised if my crappy internet can stream the race weel, let alone RLM on the side if need be.

Otherwise very sweet. Us dedicated fans get a hopefully high quality stream with good commentating while CBS will show highlights a week later for casual viewers. NBC really got me into the ALMS and sportscar/GT racing back in 2000, die hard fan since. I would haven't had seen that Mid-Ohio race had it not been for network TV broadcasting a few races.
Old 13 May 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2689801)   #4
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is great news! I think I'll forgo the Sun Down GP or whatever it's called for this. Hopefully I can make it home from Mosport in time for the start!

Chris
Old 13 May 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2689808)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
AKA Commentating? Hope they'd team up with RLM for something like this. I'll be surprised if my crappy internet can stream the race weel, let alone RLM on the side if need be.

It will be one stream together. RLM will be doing the commentating, in the stream.
Old 13 May 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2689813)   #6
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yay. Now we just need this for Sebring, Petit, and Lemans, all the others would be nice too I suppose.
Old 13 May 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2689873)   #7
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhhh...thank you thank you thank you. Brilliant.
Old 13 May 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2689886)   #8
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonderful news. Thank you ALMS!
And rather intelligently they team up with the most logical team for this task, RLM!
Old 13 May 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2689908)   #9
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I have been waiting this to happen! With all the live qualifyings and two hours here and there (Nascar breaks) and hints and rumours of race live streaming... now we only need confirmation that this will happen every race.

Important:

"Be sure to register and sign up now as there are only 10,000 spots open! (Ed. note: To clarify, the process is independent from ALMS_id registration, although new ALMS_id members will receive a confirmation note with instructions on registering for the race stream)."

http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|14752

I guess they want to make sure the stream doesn't fail (bandwidth).
Old 14 May 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2690099)   #10
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow thxs for this info...
Old 14 May 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2690392)   #11
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully they'll offer some sort of Video-on-demand option afterward; I'd love to be able to watch an uninterrupted feed with Hindy when I get back from the track!
Old 14 May 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2690437)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
Hopefully they'll offer some sort of Video-on-demand option afterward; I'd love to be able to watch an uninterrupted feed with Hindy when I get back from the track!
That would be great for all the races really. I would watch some of the previous races over again for sure.
Old 14 May 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2690453)   #13
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That would be great for all the races really. I would watch some of the previous races over again for sure.
One step at a time... it took long enough for them to even show one full race streaming. The certainly was some convincing that needed to be done.

Let's hope this is a success, spread the word....

There are blocks of bandwidth purchased for things such as this. The current limit is 10,000. If 10,000 people signup in advance, more bandwidth is likely to be purchased, but ONLY if the pre-signup shows there is demand. We all want this to be successful, so do promote it.
Old 14 May 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2690590)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
*Bump*

i've signed up and hope this is the step towards bringing together the good qualities of all the media that cover the ALMS.
Old 15 May 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2691082)   #15
rdt012237
Rookie

United States
somewhere,I think?
rdt012237 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
live streaming

thanks for the sign up info I had been wondering why the ALMS site had started asking for passwords. By the way for those who are interested Radio lemans.com has live video streaming of the Nurburgring 24 hour race
Old 16 May 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2691434)   #16
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent news!

I've just signed up without problem despite entering my country as the UK, I assume that means that the stream will be international...?
Old 16 May 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2691969)   #17
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
"A worldwide audience can catch flag-to-flag action..."

So far all the qualifying streams etc. have not been geo-restricted. Even if they were it probably would be by IP address so the choice of country wouldn't matter anyway.
Old 21 May 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2695639)   #18
deggis
Veteran

Finland
No streaming for qualifying...? (I much rather have the race of course, but I was just wondering)

Anyway, I didn't think it was, but it's certrainly not geo-blocked:

"So far users from 51 countries will follow every moment of action live from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca"

http://americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|14781
Old 22 May 2010, 02:00 (Ref:2695774)   #19
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only streaming of the race, deggis.

Chris
Old 22 May 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2696155)   #20
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quality is nice, but the aspect ratio is wrong.... WHYYY? So primitive mistake.
Old 22 May 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2696168)   #21
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Live streaming gone

Edit: And now back.
Old 22 May 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2696174)   #22
doughboy1013
Rookie

United States
Wisconsin
doughboy1013 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pfft, I can't even get the page to load, keeps erring out to the Todocast support page.
Old 22 May 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2696183)   #23
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Was same here. Just try again. The loading might take a while.
Old 22 May 2010, 22:38 (Ref:2696202)   #24
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Click on "View List" in the top right of the video player when you hover over the video and select the 600k stream if your having problems.
Old 23 May 2010, 02:22 (Ref:2696325)   #25
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Had to reboot and stream has not loaded since. If they plan to do this in future, they should pay more for the bandwidth...