Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Nov 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3168044)   #26
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
I thought it was pretty clear. Mr Petch is entitled to provide information as the category management team see fit to. The fact that he is prepared to come on this forum and provide any at all is a first for any category in this country (correct me if I'm wrong by all means), and should be commended.
I thought it was pretty clear too. Some people don't seem to listen when they are being given an answer though, my teenage son is just like that!

I'll translate it for Warwick though:

"We've been through nearly a whole season of hard-out racing, as with any new race series there will be a whole lot of teething problems that need ironing out, we will look to fix most if not all of these over the summer break. Meanwhile I'm buggered if I'm going to waste time on this forum explaining myself to the likes of you just so you can wave every small issue that we have in the air as some sort of failure of the series. Now why don't you **** off and get a life."

Do you think that's what he meant?
Old 18 Nov 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3168100)   #27
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Now why don't you **** off and get a life."

Do you think that's what he meant?
On the TV show 'House of Cards' there was a politician who often said "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment." Well I'm not politically correct at all, and I think you've hit the nail on the head GB.

Look, at the end of the day Rev, it's actually none of your business (unless you own a Supertourer and I doubt that). Yet you arrogantly expect an answer to every inflammatory question that pops out of your head.

Oh, and you'll probably want "evidence" with the answer, otherwise it's BS right? Who do you think you are?

Last edited by on_to_it; 18 Nov 2012 at 21:36. Reason: Clarification
Old 18 Nov 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3168146)   #28
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So another small problem with the V8ST's, and as in the past, management has come straight out and issued a media statement.

As usual, the statement goes along the lines of.....'we have identified a problem, we have identified what seems to have caused it. We have also identified a solution, and this is how we will implement it'

Sounds pretty robust to me, and not one that deserves any knocking from people that just want to see the series melt away into nothingness.

Face facts, the cars have done 17 races, which equates to god-knows how many race km's, they have been given a**eholes by their respective drivers, and O..M..G, there is a small structural failure which is being fixed in time for Ruapuna. Show me any other fledgling series that has had no problems whatsoever in their first year.

With this continual onslaught by some on here, i just can't wait for the BNT's to start (if they ever do), and lets see how they 'iron' over (i.e. hide) the myriad of problems that they will experience from parity to engine issues and structural integrity and so on.

Old 19 Nov 2012, 01:15 (Ref:3168233)   #29
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Not exactly setting the bar high are you?
Well NZSTfan, you got a deep and meaningful answer to that didn't you?

Anyway, back on topic; the last round should be a ripper. J-Mac will be trying as hard as hell to win it, but I just don't see him toppling Scottie. That's no reflection on his driving though, I just think the MPC team running Scottie have found an edge somewhere over most others, apart from perhaps Murphs guys.

The Aussie engineers they have are doing this all the time, and for me, that's the big difference.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 01:22 (Ref:3168236)   #30
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Anyway, back on topic; the last round should be a ripper. J-Mac will be trying as hard as hell to win it, but I just don't see him toppling Scottie. That's no reflection on his driving though, I just think the MPC team running Scottie have found an edge somewhere over most others, apart from perhaps Murphs guys.

The Aussie engineers they have are doing this all the time, and for me, that's the big difference.
Yeah it was like that in the first year of A1GP too, the teams that were running GP2 and had multiple cars ended up with a significant advantage. Next year, everyone else did the same, including NZ, and of course we ended up an excellent 2nd place two years running from my memory.

The fact that Hulkenberg has had some time in F1 after this shows the quality of the field, but the point is that to win you had to have an absolutely top team behind you, no matter how good your skills.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 01:33 (Ref:3168237)   #31
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Yes i got what i deserved on_to_it oh well, moving on.

Yeah i too agree that this weekend should see some great racing. I see Scott did well this weekend at has pretty much claimed the DVS title, so he will be on a high, and hard to beat. Jono Webb seems to fit into the series well too, which is great.

As for JMR they really have lacked punch this year when you'd least expect it. At the start i had them as the champions for the series, especially as Campbell Little was foraging around the garage for R1, but that did not make a jot of difference really.

So my predictions (putting my oh-so-good name on the line here )
1 - McGlaughlin/Webb
2 - Murphy/Perkins
3 - Booth/D'Alberto

I can only muster a predicted podium result sorry, but i think it will be interesting to see how Alex Davison goes too. And Eddie Bell, after his horrendous start at Puke, will we see him shine in the best looking car? (IMO)

On a side note, the 7 day weather forecast as put together by www.metvuw.com (one of the more reliable ones i reckon) has good weather aplenty for this final round
Old 19 Nov 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3168323)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thread closed for review. Usual reason.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3168831)   #33
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Thread closed for review. Usual reason.
And half a page of handbagging deleted. Usual reason.