Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 May 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3401866)   #51
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Good result in a difficult weekend for Verstappen, first win is the hardest they say...
Old 4 May 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3401867)   #52
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Championship standings after Hockenheim

1- Esteban Ocon 103
2- Antonio Fuocco 67
3- Tom Blomqvist 67
4- Lucas Auer 63
5- Max Verstappen 53
6- Jordan King 48
7- Nicholas Latifi 46
8- Ed Jones 43
9- Antonio Giovinazzi 42
10- Felix Rosenqvist 24
Old 4 May 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3401897)   #53
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Good result in a difficult weekend for Verstappen, first win is the hardest they say...

everybody in the front runner had their share of bad luck.

interesting to see that nobody notes that there is also a rookie dominating the championship right now.
Old 4 May 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3402036)   #54
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ocon has a dominant lead already...

...maybe Lotus should think about spending Maldonado's money on more than just the repair bill...
Old 4 May 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3402066)   #55
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

I wonder if Lotus won't send him doing few GP3 or FR3.5 outings as tech1 has a car available in World Series just to compare with Sorensen.

In testing straight from the box he was way faster than Stockinger.
Old 5 May 2014, 05:47 (Ref:3402354)   #56
wsrgo94
Rookie

India
Calcutta
wsrgo94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rf1 Fan View Post
I wonder if Lotus won't send him doing few GP3 or FR3.5 outings as tech1 has a car available in World Series just to compare with Sorensen.

In testing straight from the box he was way faster than Stockinger.
I think even a Status GP3 drive would be better than that god-awful Tech1 car. They should try to land him a Charouz next year, Stockinger and Vaxiviere aren't great talents, but are doing reasonably well.

Any news on Oscar Tunjo? I heard from a few sources Lotus was looking towards the Pons seat, but it was ultimately filled by (yawn) Oliver Webb.
Old 5 May 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3402392)   #57
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Webb will not drive the whole season .
Old 5 May 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3402487)   #58
wsrgo94
Rookie

India
Calcutta
wsrgo94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
But Webb will not drive the whole season .
That's what I thought after Monza, but he turned up at Motorland anyway. Does ELMS and WSR have any clashes this season?
Old 5 May 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3402519)   #59
Chopper_Rob
Rookie

Chopper_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 Eurpean XBMC Add-On

This weekend i created a XBMC add-on so i can watch the live stream on my big TV and no longer have to use my laptop. You can also watch previous races which are posted on the official F3 youtube channels. I thought others might be interested to.

So if your interested, you can find the addon here.
Old 5 May 2014, 16:17 (Ref:3402523)   #60
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsrgo94 View Post
That's what I thought after Monza, but he turned up at Motorland anyway. Does ELMS and WSR have any clashes this season?

he will stop after monaco to focus on his sportscar programm.
Old 5 May 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3402593)   #61
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hungary and jerez clash with elms paul ricard and estoril anyway, and the le mans test day (compulsory rookie mileage to be done) clashes with spa. not really worth it when all that's left after that is the nurburgring (zzzz) and moscow (nuff sed)!
Old 6 May 2014, 06:57 (Ref:3402707)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Ocon has a dominant lead already...

...maybe Lotus should think about spending Maldonado's money on more than just the repair bill...
It's way too warly to say someone's dominating.
There's been some mishaps or mechanical issues affecting some of the front runners who haven't hit their stride fully yet so a 30 point gap over a 3 race weekend per meeting season is nothing.
The lad is doing a great job so far though.
Old 6 May 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3402719)   #63
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
There's been some mishaps or mechanical issues affecting some of the front runners who haven't hit their stride fully yet so a 30 point gap over a 3 race weekend per meeting season is nothing.
the gap can be closed in only 1 weekend with that F1 points system and 25 points for a win.

still 27 races to go, and with 25 points for a win anything can still happen.

If Max Verstappen had been able to start from pole in race 2 things would already be al lot closer.

Ocon scores a lot of points, but he isn't dominating

Last edited by steve nielsen; 6 May 2014 at 07:45.
Old 6 May 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3402746)   #64
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
the gap can be closed in only 1 weekend with that F1 points system and 25 points for a win.

still 27 races to go, and with 25 points for a win anything can still happen.

If Max Verstappen had been able to start from pole in race 2 things would already be al lot closer.

Ocon scores a lot of points, but he isn't dominating
Well Ocon also had a failure on race 1. He lost 13 points. Ocon is in same the kind of pace as Marciello last year . So the gap would stille be the very same between Ocon and Verstappen.
Old 6 May 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3402750)   #65
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Ocon also had a failure on race 1.

13 points lost.
Old 6 May 2014, 12:49 (Ref:3402830)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There's clearly at least half a dozen guys with their 'eye in' already after the 6 races so far. Could be a classic season?
Old 6 May 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3402872)   #67
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Ocon is in same the kind of pace as Marciello last year
not at all, there are a lot more people who can still be champion this year.

Fuoccu, Blomqvist, Auer, Latiffi, Verstappen to name a few.

still 27 races to go and 25 points for a win.

Ocon is'nt dominant, in race 3 at Hockenheim he could'nt get close enough to Verstappen to try a move.

and Ocon has won only 2 out of 6 races
Old 6 May 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3402874)   #68
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
not at all, there are a lot more people who can still be champion this year.

Fuoccu, Blomqvist, Auer, Latiffi, Verstappen to name a few.

still 27 races to go and 25 points for a win.

Ocon is'nt dominant, in race 3 at Hockenheim he could'nt get close enough to Verstappen to try a move.

and Ocon has won only 2 out of 6 races
Marciello was in his 3rd year in F3 last year, ocon is in his first.

well , in f3 there is nearly no overtakings in top spot due to aerodynamics perturbation. ocon,fuoco and verstappen were evenly matched.

key for this year won't be speed but consistency , for now ocon is showing better consistency. if ocon scores podiums at this rate i don't see how somebody will beat him this year.

wait and see.

but for now as a rookie ocon is showing quite a surprising regularity.
Old 6 May 2014, 15:18 (Ref:3402877)   #69
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
And still Verstappen has impressed me the most, not only a rookie but also completely new to racing outside karts this year.
He has the raw speed and time enough to be polished into a future superstar.
Old 6 May 2014, 15:21 (Ref:3402879)   #70
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
And still Verstappen has impressed me the most, not only a rookie but also completely new to racing outside karts this year.
He has the raw speed and time enough to be polished into a future superstar.
In their own ways Ocon and Verstappen impressed but you can't take away the fact that Ocon is very impressive.

I find unfair the treatment and lack of consideration given to Ocon. Yes Verstappen is looking mega good but Ocon is still impressive and can be a future superstar.

Last edited by Rf1 Fan; 6 May 2014 at 15:26.
Old 6 May 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3402882)   #71
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
We will see...
Old 6 May 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3402886)   #72
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
We will see...
i am pretty convinced that the 2012 and 2013 crop of eurocup 2.0 were mega good so i have little doubt of the talents of vandoorne,kvyaat,gasly,rowland,ocon,de vries....

Verstappen is maybe in the categories of E.T such as Senna but it does'nt stop other to be really good .
Old 6 May 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3402895)   #73
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Marciello was in his 3rd year in F3 last year, ocon is in his first.

well , in f3 there is nearly no overtakings in top spot due to aerodynamics perturbation. ocon,fuoco and verstappen were evenly matched.

Ocon was never close enough to Max to try(gap was more than 1 sec throughout the race), and overtaking is possible, Max Verstappen overtook Ocon in race 3 at Silverstone for 2nd place(and after that drove away from him)

Yes Ocon has won 2 races, but there are 4 other racewinners, including one who now will only get better every weekend, having come straight from karts.

Last edited by steve nielsen; 6 May 2014 at 15:54.
Old 6 May 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3402906)   #74
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Ocon was never close enough to Max to try(gap was more than 1 sec throughout the race), and overtaking is possible, Max Verstappen overtook Ocon in race 3 at Silverstone for 2nd place(and after that drove away from him)

Yes Ocon has won 2 races, but there are 4 other racewinners, including one who now will only get better every weekend, having come straight from karts.
well ocon just saved the results, why he would take risks (kill his tyres) in race 3. He has the lead in championship?

Before race 3 Ocon said that to the press : "If i take a very good start, i will try to overtake in first corner, if not i will just stay there and take points from second place."

And for Silverstone Ocon was running in older tyres and had tyre degradation.

Then i don't think that we saw big move in top 3 after first lap this , apart from Verstappen in Silverstone or mechanical failures .
Two race wins is a pretty good score, for a rookie. I don't really get the Ocon bashing out there.In 2013 Marciello won 3 races out of first 6 and made five podiums.

As i said key is consistency. Yes Blomqvist, Auer, Fuoco , Verstappen won races and so what? If Ocon is finishing 90% of races in podium at the moment why would he try to take risks. I don't see the critics that we can do about his start of season while we could easily point out some mistakes or lack of pace from some front runners over the first two week ends.

I can give the point that on pure pace Ocon is not dominating but last year Marciello only had one pole position over first six races.

Last edited by Rf1 Fan; 6 May 2014 at 16:21.
Old 6 May 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3402921)   #75
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
well ocon just saved the results, why he would take risks (kill his tyres) in race 3. He has the lead in championship?

Before race 3 Ocon said that to the press : "If i take a very good start, i will try to overtake in first corner, if not i will just stay there and take points from second place."

And for Silverstone Ocon was running in older tyres and had tyre degradation.

Then i don't think that we saw big move in top 3 after first lap this , apart from Verstappen in Silverstone or mechanical failures .
Two race wins is a pretty good score, for a rookie. I don't really get the Ocon bashing out there.In 2013 Marciello won 3 races out of first 6 and made five podiums.

As i said key is consistency. Yes Blomqvist, Auer, Fuoco , Verstappen won races and so what? If Ocon is finishing 90% of races in podium at the moment why would he try to take risks. I don't see the critics that we can do about his start of season while we could easily point out some mistakes or lack of pace from some front runners over the first two week ends.

I can give the point that on pure pace Ocon is not dominating but last year Marciello only had one pole position over first six races.
Max also said he was'nt pushing in race 3 at Hockenheim to save the tyres and was managing the gap. Also you must not forget that out of those rookies Ocon is the most experienced(with 2 years of Formula Renault 2.0).

And this is'n't the first time Ocon and Verstappen raced eachother, they also did in KF3:

http://verstappen.nl/pdf/2011/2011-0...ss_Fin_KF3.pdf

(also look at Fuocco in the same list)

and nobody is "bashing" Ocon here, I'm just saying he isn't dominant.