Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Sep 2005, 03:11 (Ref:1396969)   #1
lowdown
Racer

lowdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes/Muller, it's not a sick joke!

Just got back from Queensland Raceway where 4 teams were out testing T8, SBR, WPS and Paul Morris. I thought i would head out for a look because i was sure the Lowndes/Muller thing was a sick joke but i can tell you it isn't. Muller and Lowndes are together for sure. Well for Sandown anyway. And to be fair his lap times weren't all that bad. Mid 1.12s. What a great morning it was. Me and a mate got there at about 9.30 walk straight into the pits and onto pit wall where we stood next the likes of Lowndes and Little listening to their conversations and watching them do changes to the cars as if we were a part of it. It was unreal. I was like a kid in a lolly shop. The only disappointment was the Lowndes/Muller thing. I hope they prove me wrong.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 03:16 (Ref:1396970)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Get Muller out of car #888 and put Ellery in the Falcon, after all, he got a 3rd placing at Bathurst in 2003
Old 2 Sep 2005, 03:19 (Ref:1396973)   #3
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im with you there greg, ellery is a class steerer and would be placed with with craig
Old 2 Sep 2005, 03:35 (Ref:1396978)   #4
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roland Dane obviously doesnt want to win Bathurst if he goes ahead with Lowndes/Muller. Come on put Ellery with Lowndes..
Old 2 Sep 2005, 03:37 (Ref:1396979)   #5
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't panic too much fellas. Lowndes is a big boy now and mature enough to make the correct decision......he would have been part of the selection process. Let's just wait and see what transpires at Sandown.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 03:39 (Ref:1396980)   #6
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm surprised that Lowndes has a voice for the enduro pairings
Old 2 Sep 2005, 03:47 (Ref:1396981)   #7
stmorri
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
I'm surprised that Lowndes has a voice for the enduro pairings
Greg, shouldn't you be at school?
Old 2 Sep 2005, 03:52 (Ref:1396985)   #8
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
Greg, shouldn't you be at school?
I am at school, catching up on some IT school work.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 03:55 (Ref:1396986)   #9
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Greg. The drivers have no say anymorein foreign owned teams.....
Old 2 Sep 2005, 04:02 (Ref:1396990)   #10
lowdown
Racer

It just seemed strange to me to hear Little talking to Mullers translator to find out what the changes are he needed. I can't see how the height thing was the factor behind lowndes and Ellery not driving together when to me it looked like Macrow was even shorter then Lowndes. I'm a huge Lowndes fan and want to see him and the team have the best shot at winning Bathurst but I don't think he can do that with Muller. For the two hours i was there the only driver Lowndes was talking to was Macrow. Maybe because he can speak English.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1397215)   #11
paydirt
Racer

paydirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowdown, How close were Macrow's lap times in comparison to Muller,Lowndes & Ellery?
Old 2 Sep 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1397262)   #12
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But Muller works in the UK! I guess he has a french (?) side of the VX-R team or some such. It's puzzling, hehe.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1397320)   #13
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that Craig only talks to Macrow... do you think there could be some form of rift between Ellery and Craig ?
Old 2 Sep 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1397327)   #14
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdown
It just seemed strange to me to hear Little talking to Mullers translator to find out what the changes are he needed. For the two hours i was there the only driver Lowndes was talking to was Macrow. Maybe because he can speak English.
Odd becuase Muller does speak English, not too bad either.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1397377)   #15
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it's you Aussies that can't speak English.
Seriously though, Muller can shuffle a tourer quite well, wether he can do the same in a supercar is a different matter, they look a bit more manly when I see them on tv. Ingall for the championship (ex-pat and all that)
Old 2 Sep 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1397441)   #16
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the Frenchman heard talking was Ludovic Lacroix, depending how involved he is with the 888 Falcons these days.

Muller as mentioned speaks English, unless he only does it for Vicki Butler-Henderson

Some of you lot are pathetic. Be honest, he didn't stand much of a better chance with Macrow or Ellery than he does with Muller. There would be a reason they were paired with eachother, they aren't stupid enough to do it to lesson their chances of winning.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1397590)   #17
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say he would have a better chance with Macrow, at least he is quicker.
Old 2 Sep 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1397631)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Be funny if Mr Muller surprises us and goes like a scalded cat at Sandown

Funny... but arguably not likely....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Sep 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1397641)   #19
stmorri
Veteran

Who will be doing the first stint at Sandown? I think I would pick Muller and have Lowndes bring it home......but then the hectic early laps could prove disastrous for a driver in an unfamiliar car.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 01:11 (Ref:1397656)   #20
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMil
Maybe it's you Aussies that can't speak English.
Seriously though, Muller can shuffle a tourer quite well, wether he can do the same in a supercar is a different matter, they look a bit more manly when I see them on tv. Ingall for the championship (ex-pat and all that)
Well Andy, Australia is the 3rd biggest english speaking nation in the world. I agree that the ATTC and the V8 Supercars are in diffrent ball parks, but Muller has had a few years driving in them and I think he might go well.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 03:14 (Ref:1397677)   #21
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you sure 3rd
i believe china i a first
then the usa, then uk, canada etc etc
remember we have only 20 mil here
there is proberly more people who can speak english in france than there i s here
Old 3 Sep 2005, 03:23 (Ref:1397682)   #22
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
No, Italy is the biggest english speaking country, then the US, then Australia, then England, so on so forth
Old 3 Sep 2005, 03:47 (Ref:1397684)   #23
lowdown
Racer

I was standing next to the guy who was relaying the information the Little so who knows. Maybe i dont know what i'm talking about but then again i was there. I didn't take much notice of Macrows times i was more interested in Muller and Lowndes. I'm sure Muller does speak good English but might find it easier to do set ups through a translator. Hey i'm not shhitbagging Muller i'm sure he can drive but in the last 4 years his record on track in Australia isn't all that flash. If T8 have to change their stragegies mid race and have to leave him in the car for longer i'm not sure he can match it with Ingall, Kelly, Shaife, Ambrose and Murph. Did HRT put him with Skaife when they had him? I don't think so.
Old 3 Sep 2005, 04:08 (Ref:1397691)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
Who will be doing the first stint at Sandown? I think I would pick Muller and have Lowndes bring it home......but then the hectic early laps could prove disastrous for a driver in an unfamiliar car.
Does the BTCC still have standing starts? In any case, Mr Muller would have an enormous learning curve to get the car off the line without breaking the driveline/burning the tyres/getting in everyone's way.

Sheesh.. Mr Skaife has been in this category since it began and he still cant do it
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Sep 2005, 05:14 (Ref:1397706)   #25
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdown
Hey i'm not shhitbagging Muller i'm sure he can drive but in the last 4 years his record on track in Australia isn't all that flash.
However this time he will be in a better car with better a co driver. I'm sure this is the best yet most Australians will see of Muller.