Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Apr 2012, 02:18 (Ref:3059230)   #51
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Incidentally, Marquez has the same weight as Kallio or Takahashi and just 5 kg less than Luthi. Lol, really is his weight the source of his success? I think he is one of the most talented riders since... since... I don't remember. For sure he is in the right way to became a top MotoGP rider.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3059357)   #52
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marquez is quick for sure, but he has the best of evrything so I would expect that really.

Watch the race again and see how he sits up every lap on the straight, so embarassing is his acceleration advantage.

With that, there really is no need to barge people out the way. Yes its racing, but you pick your rivals based on how they ride, fair play he could have done the same to Iannone or Corsi, as they ride hard, but Luthi is not a dirty rider hence Marquez should have been a little more reasonable.

Simply put, I dont like him. Because he is fabulously well funded and over aggressive fora rider that will get to the top no matter what he does. He is quick yes, but not overly so, was nothing special on a Honda 125 where he was rteamed with Bradders who thrashed him or on KTM where he was no quicker than his teammates.

A special talent is instantly special no matter what he rides, and Marquez is nothing more than the next Pedrosa, a rider who is small, light and eases through the smaller bikes because of this. If he blitzes the field on a GP bike then fair enogh he deserves those plaudits.

But, right now he is the same as Capirossi, Pedrosa, Katoh. Awesome riders all but not main class champions or regular race winners.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3059829)   #53
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know my reaction after seeing the pass on Luthi is wondering how any of you would react after getting pushed out onto the edge of the track at at 270-280kph or 170mph? Ive only been at around 260 but cant imagine being barged over onto the rumble strips at that speed, and unless my viewing the slow motion replay again changes my mind, it certainly seemed (to my memory) of a rather abrupt move putting Luthi right onto the rumbles....

and that opinion is purely from that pass, not about his weight or ability or funding or etc.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3061026)   #54
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post
I know my reaction after seeing the pass on Luthi is wondering how any of you would react after getting pushed out onto the edge of the track at at 270-280kph or 170mph? Ive only been at around 260 but cant imagine being barged over onto the rumble strips at that speed, and unless my viewing the slow motion replay again changes my mind, it certainly seemed (to my memory) of a rather abrupt move putting Luthi right onto the rumbles....

and that opinion is purely from that pass, not about his weight or ability or funding or etc.
I thought it was a hard move, no doubt, but not any different to a lot of moves being made every race in Moto2
Old 21 Apr 2012, 16:55 (Ref:3063213)   #55
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Thought I'd post a few of my pics from Qatar if anyone's interested. Gotta say its a strange place to go to a race, you drive outside of Doha and suddenly out of nowhere you see the floodlights and the rest of the track. I only went on race day but with three good races I couldnt ask for much more!
----

Old 23 Apr 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3064357)   #56
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must be pretty easy to move around considering the crowd (or lack of)?

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3064507)   #57
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Must be pretty easy to move around considering the crowd (or lack of)?

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Cheers Jim, I was lucky enough to get a track pass for the race so I got a great view!

I only arrived on Sunday but it was really strange to see so few people at such a race. The only thing I could compare it to was going to the Friday at the Daytona 200 this year where there was five people in the grandstand! I know Qatar wants the race for the prestige but it's still strange to see such an empty circuit....Jerez this weekend will be a bit different!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 23:00 (Ref:3064567)   #58
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How on earthy do you get passes for this kind of thing!

Daytona!
Old 24 Apr 2012, 06:58 (Ref:3064667)   #59
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
How on earthy do you get passes for this kind of thing!

Daytona!
Just lucky more than anything Chunder! I write for my local paper, mostly on F1 but cover bikes enough to be able to get accredited.

I was over in Daytona for the 500 and the 200 and the difference between the two weekends was unreal. At the NASCAR the place was literally heaving with people, at the 200 there were only a few hundred people. Im sure the Saturday was a lot busier but it seemed like most people who went for bikeweek were there for the events in the city not on the track.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3064692)   #60
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lol, not quite sure how and Irishman gets accredited to Daytona or Qatar when there are no local riders riding but then again fair play to you!
Old 24 Apr 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3064712)   #61
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Lol, not quite sure how and Irishman gets accredited to Daytona or Qatar when there are no local riders riding but then again fair play to you!
I wouldnt mind but road racing here in Ireland has been the toughest to get accredited for!