Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Jul 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2722827)   #1
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
idea for britcar 24hr

was thinking, at the 24hr this year instead of everyone milling around the campsite on friday would anyone be interested if we can get somewere to have a proper marshals party, allready have a band willing to do it and we would need to sort some sort of way of gettin beer on tap or get crates in so may need to do a small cover charge for the bar and band, if we have enough time would anyone be up for this an anyone who could help us organise it?
Old 6 Jul 2010, 23:33 (Ref:2722832)   #2
alexhall
Racer

England
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
alexhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delaying the main race by a couple of hours would be nice too - so those of us coming from 750 at Oulton will catch the start
Old 6 Jul 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2722833)   #3
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sounds a really good idea to me
Old 7 Jul 2010, 07:24 (Ref:2722898)   #4
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
contact Britcar see if they would help out with bar, they are usualy very supportive of us marshals, I am down for this but not sure if work will prevent me from attending as I only started 3 weeks ago and have allready booked 4 long weekends off
Old 7 Jul 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2722957)   #5
chriskench
Racer

England
henley-on-thames
chriskench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi I be up for that
Old 7 Jul 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2722968)   #6
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Grav, I'm pretty sure all the NW massive would be up for that. Great idea.

What and where are the ideas for having the band, tent/marquee? I wonder if it could be on site or if the circuit wouldn't allow it, maybe a local village hall perhaps? Ideas, ideas. Somewhere not too far so those who may like a 'real' beverage can walk/wander.
Old 7 Jul 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2722982)   #7
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sounds like an idea. Im sure if you spoke to Britcar they'd be able to help out with the practicalities of getting it sorted etc.

I should be there but it depends on my uni timetable on the friday and then the traffic from Portsmouth to Silverstone.
Old 7 Jul 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2723016)   #8
thefilbertfox
Rookie

Umm al-Qaiwan
Surrey
thefilbertfox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds a good idea for a social
What time does qualifying normally finish on the Friday though?
Old 7 Jul 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2723023)   #9
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If my memory's not failing me (no jokes from the cheap seats please), last year it was 8-10pm Friday evening.
Old 7 Jul 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2723030)   #10
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shouldnt we as professionals be spending friday night getting ready for a early night and a good sleep as saturday will be a long day and the night goes on for even longer

as a lot will be arrving on thursday lets make that night for getting hammered
Old 7 Jul 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2723068)   #11
tonyC
Rookie

tonyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly off topic, but believe it or not I’m already thinking ahead to the 24 hour race weekend. I know there are a lot of you who may be coming together as groups and would like to stay together for the weekend. What I’m mulling over is whether these “groups” would be willing to nominate someone to gather together all the names of those concerned so that we can at least give it a good try. It may work on a regional Basis (ie Scotland/Northern/North western etc) – At the last count it was getting on for about (I think) 250 Marshals – Silverstone ES and those volunteering from outside, So as you can imagine the allocations may be tricky.

Anybody with any suggestions would be welcome. - email me from the Centre website

BRSCC Midland Centre Chief Marshal
Old 8 Jul 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2723395)   #12
warweezil
Racer

England
Half way up on the left - far from Home
warweezil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw THIS... and thought of this thread
Old 8 Jul 2010, 09:50 (Ref:2723414)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fabulous. I like the Hogshead addition at £27k. I particularly like the description of it being 'Standing at 8 meters tall, and 15 foot wide' which proves it's an English pub!
Old 8 Jul 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2723466)   #14
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by warweezil View Post
Saw THIS... and thought of this thread

That's cool, would love one of those
Old 8 Jul 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2723482)   #15
Bodger
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
Bodger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought I will be going to this event, but not too sure if to camp there for the weekend or not?. I was just going to come and sign in on the saturday then sleep in the car by the post when I can during the night??.
Old 8 Jul 2010, 15:37 (Ref:2723559)   #16
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats about par for the course Bodger, Ive done two so far and used the car for one and tent for the other.

But I usually work the pitlane for the 24hr so I know I get a fair chunk of time to return to the tent and sleep but the car was just as good the first year
Old 13 Jul 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2726332)   #17
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodger View Post
Just thought I will be going to this event, but not too sure if to camp there for the weekend or not?. I was just going to come and sign in on the saturday then sleep in the car by the post when I can during the night??.
I will be sleeping in the car Bodger. Saves a lot of time (which you won't have) and, as the campsite has been on the inside the last 2 times, you can actually find quieter spots behind the grandstands than you can on the campsite.
Old 13 Jul 2010, 23:44 (Ref:2726350)   #18
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully going to make this one, the holiday application is in, and with any luck we will have a team of 4 to work as part of a team or on our own, thinking about having a propor camp on the campsite, but a facility for sleeping near the post, depends on a lot of factors, if its anything like the ring then the kettle will seldom get chance to cool down.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2726771)   #19
Power Bulge
Racer

England
Rochdale
Power Bulge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm up for the beer/band idea (sounds a lot better than a Boy Band, anyhow)
Old 14 Jul 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2726798)   #20
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
quick update, have emailed tony so depending on what we work out i may be getting in all the oulton/anglesey names soon (so please stop askin) it all depends on numbers and of course the circuit about the final decision on staying together though so cant promise.
in regards to the party it is all idea at moment, have emailed britcar to see if we can get anyhelp, if it looks like it may happen will have a chat with the band to se about money, they did say they support marshals and would love to do it but dont know what they would want yet, cant confirm them yet for obvious reasons but for anyone interested the band is rev limit, chris hodgetts band.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2726828)   #21
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We're down for this one this year. Not sure if I count as an Oulton person, since I'm also a reasonably regular Silverstone flaggie (well, about the same number of days as Oulton). Would be interested in joining a party though. Can't beat a good social at a race meeting.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2726830)   #22
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
groups are there if you want em wooley, dont want to pigeon hole anyone, can join any or none, up to you, if it happens of course