Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3021154)   #1551
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Clip has been removed
Old 7 Feb 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3022551)   #1552
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So , after ranting and raving about the sky deal earlier in this thread i have to admit i am going to subsribe to the HD pack . I do not feel that watching half the races and a highlights package for the other half will tell the great story of an F1 season . Anyway, Sky has annoyed me already this morning ! I put Sky Sports News on this morning to try and catch some action from Jerez and the first time i caught them go over to Spain the Sky reporter spent 10 mins speaking to Sir Jackie Stewart (no disrespect Jackie !) You could hear the cars on track , but i just wanted to see the new cars on track . Come on Sky all us F1 fans are hungry to see some action!! Sorry for the long post , i am now of to the BBC Sport F1 page!!!!
Old 7 Feb 2012, 10:05 (Ref:3022555)   #1553
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
So , after ranting and raving about the sky deal earlier in this thread i have to admit i am going to subsribe to the HD pack
Shall I change your vote in the poll?
Old 7 Feb 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3022562)   #1554
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Shall I change your vote in the poll?
I suppose you should but can i just say, deep down i am still not happy about it !!!! F1 is the only sport i love and watch . Another rant , had Sky Sports news on for about an hour now not seen any action from Jerez yet but seen Liverpool v Spurs and Suarez and the cat about 4 times already!!!!
Old 7 Feb 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3022652)   #1555
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The cat was awesome. Liverpool sucked.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3023900)   #1556
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
The Clip has been removed
Sorry. Wonder why they did that? The team had scrubbed up nicely and spoke very well.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3025329)   #1557
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, Sky F1 launches March 9th but Australia FP1 isn't until a week later....

I bet it'll be un-encrypted and available to everyone from the launch until FP1.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3025338)   #1558
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

I bet it'll be un-encrypted and available to everyone from the launch until FP1.
That will be the old 'carrot and stick'' trick, no doubt.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3025384)   #1559
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Carrot certainly ... Threaten to hack their phones maybe, but a stick, Nah I don't think even Sky would go that far..
Old 13 Feb 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3025458)   #1560
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Sounds like a good theory. ESPN have free weekends sometimes to show off their rugby coverage. Good plan, try before you buy.

Or evil that will only force people to steal lolly pops from small children, depending on your point of view.
Old 16 Feb 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3026776)   #1561
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it only in HD or will there be an SD variant like the other Sky Sports channels?

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 16 Feb 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3026798)   #1562
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can answer that. yes there will be a Sky Sports F1 SD channel as well.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3027041)   #1563
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Those of you upgrading to the HD package just to get F1 may be disappointed. It looks like you might be required to subscribe to the full Sky Sports package after all:

http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/com...ting_coverage/
Old 17 Feb 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3027045)   #1564
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Those of you upgrading to the HD package just to get F1 may be disappointed. It looks like you might be required to subscribe to the full Sky Sports package after all:

Based on one post by some third-party who probably didn't actually LISTEN to the customer service agent.... the "HD customers get F1" is still on the Sky website. I'll believe Sky's site over some third-party reddit.com feed.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 14:23 (Ref:3027124)   #1565
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Sky's F1 TV ads state that HD and Sports packages will get F1 channel.
Old 17 Feb 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3027133)   #1566
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Sky's F1 TV ads state that HD and Sports packages will get F1 channel.
Actually the adverts clearly state...

HD OR Sky Sports.

With in smaller writing both Sky Sports 1 & 2
Old 17 Feb 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3027309)   #1567
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But can someone tell me if you have to have HD to get F1? If only we knew.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3027573)   #1568
OLLIE.T
Rookie

OLLIE.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...03943719688965 This should answer some of the SD/HD questions, plus on the page there is news of Ipad apps and the aim to show F1 in 3D in time.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3027590)   #1569
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post

I signed up to hear news on the F1 channel with Sky some time last year and have a letter sat in front of me that is purely advertising their F1 channel. For £30.25 p/m you can sign up for Sky+ HD which includes the F1 channel and is written in black and white. I even had a call from Sky 2 nights ago offering me the deal and the guy found it quite difficult to understand that someone like me could not afford something as small as 30 odd quid a month and tried to suggest I budget for it (cheeky devil) lol. I told him it was out of my grasp and if it was cheaper then I might consider it. No chance, but then again I'm going to be watching it free anyway so its no real loss in the long run.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3027764)   #1570
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
But can someone tell me if you have to have HD to get F1? If only we knew.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:56 (Ref:3027917)   #1571
OLLIE.T
Rookie

OLLIE.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice run down of Sky and the BBCs line up and schedule here-
https://www.facebook.com/F1.TheSKYis...7?notif_t=like
Old 19 Feb 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3027952)   #1572
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Interesting to note that the current deal with the BBC ends in 2018. And also interesting is that Jonathan Legard will stand in for James Allen on BBC Radio 5 live for some races!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3028126)   #1573
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Interesting to note that the current deal with the BBC ends in 2018. And also interesting is that Jonathan Legard will stand in for James Allen on BBC Radio 5 live for some races!
The return of "Pushing on!" then?
Old 20 Feb 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3028176)   #1574
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
The return of "Pushing on!" then?
"Pushing on", "What about Button?", "What do you think Martin?" Oh..err..he can't say that one any more...thank goodness.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3028236)   #1575
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Legard on 5Live Friday FP1: 'And what about this man? Narain Karthikayen. What can he do? There he goes, down the hill, round the corner, pushing to the limit. POLE POSITION! He's on pole! Who would have predicted that?!'
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky