Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Oct 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2314830)   #601
vogelmann4
Rookie

vogelmann4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My observation was this...

First, I've been to enough races to know when brakes should or shouldn't be glowing. Like I originally said, I didn't think anything of it when I was at the braking zone of T6 taking pictures.

When I first saw them glowing, I thought they hadn't cooled off yet. My dad even suggested they might have put some friction on the brakes to keep them warm. After some more observing we determined that they would never put that much friction on a brake and the brakes would have cooled off by the time we saw them.

After this I walked to the bridge on the backstaight, which for those of you who have never been to RA is hundred yards + up from turn 7. There I saw they were still glowing. I didn't notice this during night practice or at Sebring.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2314972)   #602
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
At Sebring, Audi had to change front rotors and the 908 slowed near the end of the race to save brakes, bue cause the drivers complained of brake fade and other issues-and those cars for sure had carbon rotors.

But does anyone know if the Pug had rear brake shrouds-I have photos from Mid Ohio where the R10s had the front shrouds, but discarded the rears in favor of larger brake ducts(which they used since Laguna '07).
No rear shrouds on 908 at Petit, just standard rear backing plate but nothing masking the outboard face of the brake disc.
Old 18 Oct 2008, 13:40 (Ref:2315269)   #603
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike
No rear shrouds on 908 at Petit, just standard rear backing plate but nothing masking the outboard face of the brake disc.
Come to think of it, Peugeot isn't running shrouds on the front. Again, as at the rear, just a backing plate on the rear with the front face (outer face) unmasked.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2316169)   #604
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fyi...

Memo 08-04 & 08-05 are now posted on the IMSA racing site - http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS2.cf...dexnewalms.htm
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:36 (Ref:2316178)   #605
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Yup, had them up:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newssept08.html
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:45 (Ref:2316184)   #606
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Dang, you're so quick... lol
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2316196)   #607
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Was updating on Thursday evening when I went to have a poke to see if 08-04 was up and saw 08-05 as well (someone had mentioned on forums but you can't comment on what you can't read and short of being at the track what is one to do?). Unfortunately there's no one around to inquire about 08-05 (why?) so that will have to wait until next week...
Old 20 Oct 2008, 11:53 (Ref:2316625)   #608
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff and great pics Mike
Old 20 Oct 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2316687)   #609
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't understand the use of Techron... In fact I thought until now it was a bs marketing ploy by Chevron. Anyone know what sort of advatages the product gives to a race engine?
Old 20 Oct 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2316699)   #610
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
I don't understand the use of Techron... In fact I thought until now it was a bs marketing ploy by Chevron. Anyone know what sort of advatages the product gives to a race engine?
...aaaand when I scroll down the page Mike answers my question.
Old 3 Nov 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2327263)   #611
Ryan
Rookie

United States
Wisconsin
Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche45
What do you consider "old?"
It would depend. EP is old, but he is still on top of his game. If you race at that level for many years, it doesn't matter how old you are. If you are in the game, you maintain yourself to stay at that level. If you are not at that level for many years, the older you get the harder it is to get into the game and stay in it. I consider 50 to be old for racing. In the case of the Intersport drivers for the #30, they haven't been at the level of the ALMS competitively for numerous years.

For example, my roomate thinks that 21 is old and 22 is really old. He also told me he plans on living to be 130. I told him good luck with that (he is a bio science PhD. student).
Old 4 Nov 2008, 11:21 (Ref:2327783)   #612
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Kristensen is 41, and his fitness is absolutely second to none both in the DTM and LM. So if you maintain yourself, especially in endurance you can go a long way.

However the refelxes will slow down, no matter what you do.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 15:47 (Ref:2330667)   #613
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
Techron is not new. Over twenty years ago it was sold in bottled form for periodically adding to a tank of fuel. In fact both BMW and Porsche sold it in similar little black bottles with their own brand/logo in their dealer parts departments.

I used it fairly religiously in my 2002 tii, and my Porsche friends did likewise in 911's and 944/944t.

Although it may have been a Chevron additive from the start, it was sold in bottles before it ever became a label on Chevron's pumps.
Old 8 Nov 2008, 23:36 (Ref:2330854)   #614
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Tom Kristensen is 41, and his fitness is absolutely second to none both in the DTM and LM. So if you maintain yourself, especially in endurance you can go a long way.

No kiddin !!! ..... Im a touch older than TK ..... but Im over thrice as ********ed as he is .
Old 9 Nov 2008, 01:09 (Ref:2330880)   #615
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind

Of course, hits to the head will over ride everything quicker than age will.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 08:11 (Ref:2331380)   #616
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Of course, hits to the head will over ride everything quicker than age will.
Sadly you are right... Sadly..