Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 15 Jul 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1656847)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
What's the form with eBay?

Last Sunday 12 of 25 items that I had listed sold on eBay. One of them (a BTCC Williams Laguna) has apparently fallen to bits in transit! I have asked the buyer to supply photos or to return the item to prove the damage is genuine - do you think this is okay for me to ask this? Upon inspection I will offer a refund even though it's not my fault - should I refund for the item and the postage or just the item?

Also one buyer has failed to pay for his purchase and has so far ignored two invoices and two emails that I have sent. What should I do? I see I can report it as unpaid to eBay after seven days have elapsed but does this achieve anything?
Old 15 Jul 2006, 13:32 (Ref:1656853)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think that it is fine for you to ask for the product back and technically you probably don't have to offer a refund, but it is the right thing to do.

Yes you should report the non-paying embayer. Was he a new ebayer? It probably won't acheive much, but I guess you have to. Although you will probably get a neg rep for your trouble
Old 15 Jul 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1656870)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, that's what worries me. Maybe I'll send him an invoice in the post with a note attached saying he has 7 days to pay or I'll relist the item. There were three other bidders so I am sure someone else will buy. He is not a newbie and his past record (feedback) is perfect. In fact a lot of feedback has been left in the past 7 days so the guy would appear to be pretty active on eBay still
Old 16 Jul 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1657567)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like the idea of a postal invoice. Gives it more gravitas.

BTW, do you think he could be a 10-10ths member. Shame on you if you are.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 17:32 (Ref:1657629)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Well, well, well.. maybe he *is* a member here and read this thread. Because I received an email this morning promising that he'd pay today. Not that I have received payment yet, of course...
Old 16 Jul 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1657656)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Weeeeellllll... seven days after the end of the auction the payment has arrived in my Paypal account. We got there in the end!
Old 16 Jul 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1657699)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans

Wrap it up well
Old 17 Jul 2006, 05:37 (Ref:1657960)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had trouble in the early days(1998, i was the 1st person to sell F1 stuff on ebay on a regular basis) with deadbeat bidders, but now I can't remember the last person who didn't pay up. But I only sell for a few weeks of the year now instead of year round. Back in the old days with checks and money orders it was a hassle, now 95% pay with paypal and it has made life easier for the seller. Sometimes people do have other things that may cause them to forget to pay. I give them 2 weeks and remind them after 10 days or so. Someone died is the usual excuse for not paying on time. I think you'll find a sure sign of a deadbeat is someone who never answers any communication at all.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1658343)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
It's the same in whatever business you're in, whether that be on eBay or in real life. Some peoples excuses for not paying you are shocking and, yes, I have heard the 'death in the family' one before. Show me the corpse I say.
Old 20 Jul 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1661033)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I know I should, as I have the money, but I haven't gotten round to posting the package yet... baaaad Craig!

The situation with the 1:43 Renault is now resolved. I tried the 'genuine race damage' line but it didn't wash. The car was comprehensively trashed (the base of the car was still attached to the plinth but the body shell etc had come off completely!) so I refunded in full and let the guy keep the 'car'!
Old 14 Jan 2007, 23:06 (Ref:1815299)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I have the opposite now. I bought a VCR (!) off ebay and it arrived a couple of days ago. Despite being described as "All in full working order." it wasn't - the playback is very poor.

I see no reason to suggest that this isn't just a case of unfortunate damaged in transit and he offered:
Quote:
...If this doesn’t help then I guess it got damaged in transit. Perhaps the package was dropped at some point which may have knocked the heads out of alignment. This shouldn’t be difficult for any video repair shop to fix.

Needless to say though, if we can’t get it sorted without resorting to some sort of repair service I’m happy to offer a refund or cover the cost of realignment, whichever is less.
I just want to return it. What should I do? Post it back first? Or ask for the money back first?

OT: I need it to finish transferring my old videos to DVD. I have since sourced another off ebay, which was located close to a friends and hence required no postage.

Last edited by Adam43; 14 Jan 2007 at 23:08.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 16:16 (Ref:1815802)   #12
Penguin
Rookie

Penguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam, I think it depends on who's got more feedback. If its you then wait for him to refund or if its them you send it back first.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 21:57 (Ref:1816027)   #13
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess the argument is he could have packaged it better too though?

If it was me, personally I would wait to be refunded before sending via recorded delivery or some sort of tracking service!