Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 9 Feb 2013, 03:41 (Ref:3201564)   #1226
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I see what you are saying MS, but truth is ST's have done more than enough for NZ Motorsport last year alone to be granted and recognised as tier 1, albiet through some dysfunctional people that make up MSNZ.

If however MSNZ carries on their own path, then it wont matter a jot, because as you say, people have voted with their feet.

Wonder what the FIA would think of all this? (or even if they would care at all seeing as we are right at the end of the earth)
You see the thing is, who cares what MSNZ thinks whether V8ST or any other series is Tier 1 or Tier 10?

I don't know how it happened and my thorough examination of motorsport history has yet to yield the answer, but somehow people have made the FIA the unquestioned God of all motorsport. Who gave them the power, how they sustain their power and why people continue to give them power, I have no idea and it makes no rational sense.

The USA never let the FIA take over and series run their own business as they see fit. NZ can do it too. Or any other country.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 03:47 (Ref:3201571)   #1227
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
If however MSNZ carries on their own path, then it wont matter a jot, because as you say, people have voted with their feet.
So the car clubs that MSNZ has ripped off etc have done somthing then?
Old 9 Feb 2013, 03:48 (Ref:3201572)   #1228
Swedish Brick
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
These are the facts Brick. Fact 1:Shane Harris declined an invitation to appear on the show, why? Something to hide?.Fact 2: Brian Budd asked Shaun not to discuss anything to do with MSNZ, Why? Concerned the truth would come out? Fact 3: MSNZ/TMC/MPL still owe TV3 money.. These are not opinions Brick.. Facts mate.. And whatever way you look at it MSNZ looks stupid.
You are mixing facts with assumption.
You assume there is something to hide. If you know otherwise, please, speak up!
Old 9 Feb 2013, 04:21 (Ref:3201581)   #1229
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Brick or is it Geoff Short? Shane Harris declined an invitation to appear on the show, then Brian Budd tried to influence and muzzle Shaun, Drakie and the Producer not to run the story. Brian Budds behaviour is unprofessional and irresponsible. One thing for sure I will be watching CRC tomorrow.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 04:23 (Ref:3201582)   #1230
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Answer me this. Why did msnz place mpl say they were placing mpl into liquidation with the reason being they said because it had ceased trading and that it was no longer profitable only for the liquidation to reveal that mpl had racked up in excess of half a millon dollars in dwbt it couldnt and wont pay including msnz members funds unpaid bills with tv3 the ird and others?
Old 9 Feb 2013, 04:25 (Ref:3201583)   #1231
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Brick or is it Geoff Short? Shane Harris declined an invitation to appear on the show, then Brian Budd tried to influence and muzzle Shaun, Drakie and the Producer not to run the story. Brian Budds behaviour is unprofessional and irresponsible. One thing for sure I will be watching CRC tomorrow.
And from my understanding its not the first time they have done so...
Old 9 Feb 2013, 04:43 (Ref:3201585)   #1232
Swedish Brick
Racer

Quote:
Please don't run the article on tv3.

Oh no, I just tried to influence and muzzle tv3.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 04:54 (Ref:3201590)   #1233
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommersby View Post
It's that sort of comment which sums up just what is sick about the sport in NZ.

You know that the rights for the nzv8's were given to Prime/sky.

From a News standpoint, we receive VNR's( video news release) from TRS. But none from any other class. There is no way that my News Producer would entertain a story about a series featuring 3-4 of one class, and 6-7 old cars. As talented as the drivers are, none warrant network news coverage at this current point.

On a personal level I'd love to cover the Camry, which despite from what I understand it being a smaller car (2cm narrower/ less cockpit area) than the others, is a monster on track. A stunner in both sound and sight.

Anyway, feel free to lob what you like my way, I just ask that you have the decency to apologise/retract when you make false accusations.

I pledge to do the same.

Fair enough?
haven't been watching your show lately.. which is why i asked with the nice weather we've had this summer.. watching tv isn't that high on my list of things to do
Old 9 Feb 2013, 05:10 (Ref:3201593)   #1234
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats nice Promax, seems that CRC still pulls a big audience every Sunday they are on. I dont think that one person not watching it will make the show fall over.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 05:28 (Ref:3201596)   #1235
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Thats nice Promax, seems that CRC still pulls a big audience every Sunday they are on. I dont think that one person not watching it will make the show fall over.
LMAO poor fan thinks big bad promax is picking on tv3?? too funny! bet you were a big x files fan and think the man is watching your every move lol seriously fan lighten up i'm not having a dig at anyone
Old 9 Feb 2013, 06:53 (Ref:3201626)   #1236
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Murph has had enough of MSNZ as well.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motorsport...ectid=10864180

So to all the MSNZ cronies, time to flee the sinking ship.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3201634)   #1237
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Murph's interview/comments in the Herald are reaching a far wider audience than this or any other message board.

It seems rather sad that MSNZ have missed an opportunity to be the good guys and gain massive support, but instead, have merely opened old wounds.

If I was a paying spectator for what is arguably the biggest meeting of the year, then I would expect a decent turnout for all grids and that therefore means the support races - all of them.

MSNZ are contracted to supply the manpower, so Debbie at the Motorsport Club would be happy to sign you up, as a support for her team. Where would MSNZ be without the volunteers?
Old 9 Feb 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3201651)   #1238
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:

Greg complaining again or Sonny Bill's fight not going the distance.. hmmm i wonder which one will get the most media attention
Old 9 Feb 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3201665)   #1239
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
with the nice weather we've had this summer.. watching tv isn't that high on my list of things to do
Gotta say I agree with you on that - spent the afternoon watching my 10 year-old son's team rack up 194 runs in reply to the opposition's 97
Old 9 Feb 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3201676)   #1240
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

but, you were not so elated when the same Greg had a crack at ST over reliability problems ?

so what is gonna be the major 'brushed under the rug' issue that NZST is gonna have at the first round or two, that keeps people dragging the murky depths to belittle the national body, to take attention away from their own housekeeping problems ??
Old 9 Feb 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3201681)   #1241
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
but, you were not so elated when the same Greg had a crack at ST over reliability problems ?

so what is gonna be the major 'brushed under the rug' issue that NZST is gonna have at the first round or two, that keeps people dragging the murky depths to belittle the national body, to take attention away from their own housekeeping problems ??
Seriously..? Belittle the national body? Ffs they wont front to discuss whats going on and then ask them not to show it...after its already been recorded......no one needs to belittle tgem they are doing a fine enough job without anybodys help...
Old 9 Feb 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3201692)   #1242
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evomike View Post
Seriously..? Belittle the national body? Ffs they wont front to discuss whats going on and then ask them not to show it...after its already been recorded......no one needs to belittle tgem they are doing a fine enough job without anybodys help...
Mike, you know exactly where i am coming from, and you choose to ignoe the fact that when all is not rosy in the ST camp, the followers stab even more knives in the back of MSNZ.

do the back stabbers have ABSOLUTE proof of MSNZ wrongdoing, or merely running on heresay and internet gossip ??

SHOW US THE PROOF.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3201695)   #1243
Swedish Brick
Racer

But Brian Budd asked tv3 not to show it, thats proof of evil doing isn't it? I mean thats influencing the media!! He tried to muzzle tv3!!
That has to be proof MSNZ is pure evil
Old 9 Feb 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3201700)   #1244
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
Mike, you know exactly where i am coming from, and you choose to ignoe the fact that when all is not rosy in the ST camp, the followers stab even more knives in the back of MSNZ.

do the back stabbers have ABSOLUTE proof of MSNZ wrongdoing, or merely running on heresay and internet gossip ??

SHOW US THE PROOF.
Mpl.....read the liquidators report .....end of..do you find it acceptable that msnz expects the media to run the stories that msnz wants?
Old 9 Feb 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3201718)   #1245
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Mpl.....read the liquidators report .....end of..
got a link to said report ? havn't read it.

Quote:
do you find it acceptable that msnz expects the media to run the stories that msnz wants?
when it comes to media, never let the truth get in the way of a good story. no different to all the turd warfare coming from the ST camp.

was taupo ever on the cards, or were nzst trying to gatecrash?
nzst were never gonna be on the v8sc undercard unless nzv8 reneged, but in both situations, nzst went to the media with crocodile tears.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3201952)   #1246
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Please don't run the article on tv3.

Oh no, I just tried to influence and muzzle tv3.
well if they gonna cry about about st not being at the V8SC meeting.. maybe they should invite the support classes that are meant to make way from the st class. should be interesting to hear how they would feel and their sponsors would feel if they were bumped from the card when they've already made a commitment to attend this meeting. will classes/teams be reimbursed if they are dropped weeks out from the meeting? would Greg care?
Old 9 Feb 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3201965)   #1247
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
well if they gonna cry about about st not being at the V8SC meeting.. maybe they should invite the support classes that are meant to make way from the st class. should be interesting to hear how they would feel and their sponsors would feel if they were bumped from the card when they've already made a commitment to attend this meeting. will classes/teams be reimbursed if they are dropped weeks out from the meeting? would Greg care?
Well as msnz wont discuss it or give reasons I guess we will never know.......as far as im concerned they should never have said they had put st forward...by doing so then withdrawing it makes people question their motives and makes them look silly. It would be interesting to hear what greg mosen thinks.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3201984)   #1248
Swedish Brick
Racer

Put ST forward? Did they do that? Did they actually say "Yes we will run ST or ask SC abotu running ST there"?
Or was there a meeting and all they said was we will consider it?

As Promax said, once the event is laid out, there are commitments to other classes/sponsors. Not as easy as just saying "you and you are out, these guys are in"
Has there been any news on wether or not the decison was MSNZ and thiers alone? Did the SC's say "no"? Were they even asked?
Seems like there is probably a **** load more to the story than is being portrayed here and by washed up whinger sin the press.
Yes, I did just call murphy a washed up whinger.
Old 9 Feb 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3201999)   #1249
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Put ST forward? Did they do that? Did they actually say "Yes we will run ST or ask SC abotu running ST there"?
Or was there a meeting and all they said was we will consider it?

As Promax said, once the event is laid out, there are commitments to other classes/sponsors. Not as easy as just saying "you and you are out, these guys are in"
Has there been any news on wether or not the decison was MSNZ and thiers alone? Did the SC's say "no"? Were they even asked?
Seems like there is probably a **** load more to the story than is being portrayed here and by washed up whinger sin the press.
Yes, I did just call murphy a washed up whinger.
You whine about reading what you post. I will say this slowly for you msnz said they had put them forward I didnt say they had dropped nzv8s. Msnz have confirmed that and that it was up to the promoter. Msnz then changed their minds and withdrew their support. Need proof? Read msnzs own press release....ffs
Old 9 Feb 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3202012)   #1250
Swedish Brick
Racer

I don't recall seeing anywhere MSNZ saying they were going to include STs in the meeting. Maybe I've missed it. All I've seen is people saying they said that. Got a link to anything official?
Maybe they said "yeah we will look at it" they looked at it, realised they are already commited and said "sorry, can't be done"