Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Dec 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3347121)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Your top 10 drivers of 2013

Your own criteria. Feel free to debate others' choices, but remember each individual has their own criteria (like 'driver of the race').

For me:

1. Vettel

Head and shoulders above everyone, even with that car. Is fully aware of how to make the most of the moment and I believe him about the hard-fought wins to a point (well, he certainly stretched out huge leads and sometimes didn't always win by a lot). Very few weaknesses. Malaysia lying aside (I'm not that into team orders so didn't mind his approach to the situation too much), his year was as close to perfect as you'd expect someone to get. Can he drive better next year? Will we know if he has?

2. Hamilton

I don't feel completely comfortable with this choice, because I've got Nico down in fourth and you have to split everyone somehow. Although he got 1 fewer win than Rosberg, he seemed to have a bit more bad luck against him. Quick most the year with a few dodgy patches, but never let himself lose his head (as in some other years). Rosberg is a hell of a driver, so Lewis achieved a lot this year. His best season for a while in my opinion.

3. Alonso

Still fantastic, but he wasn't as good this year as last and some of the hero worship is a bit OTT. Chucked it away a few times and crap at qualifying (although usually not to his race result detriment, although we cannot always be sure this doesn't have an effect). No problem whatsoever with his comments to gee up Ferrari.

4. Rosberg

We always seem to be scratching our heads about just how good he is, but having beaten Schumacher and now beating Hamilton more than many thought possible, he's showing his worth. More wins than his illustrious team-mate too.

5. Grosjean

I'll put him ahead of Kimi on the basis that although he was overall not quite as good, he's less experienced. Many seemed surprised at his latter part of the season turnaround, but I wasn't.

6. Hulkenberg

A highly decent season for this Nico. His team-mate wasn't such great opposition to beat, although he did do it convingly. I was impressed by just how many good results he strung together and seemed impervious to highly-regarded world champions breathing down his neck.

7. Raikkonen

Great driving all year, such that seventh may sound a bit lowly. Won the opening race of course and as usual was on it most the time.

8. Button

This is where it gets trickier. Jenson clearly showed excellent ability alongside Lewis and beat Perez reasonably convincingly.

9. di Resta

Included despite an incident-strewn patch mid-year. Can't fault a driver for having a go when despite that, it leads to a much bigger points haul than your team-mate.

10. Webber

A disappointing season, but when you consider who his team-mate is, it begins to at least give Mark a fair bit of credibility for his efforts.