Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Dec 2023, 10:08 (Ref:4188538)   #1
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
2024 World Rallycross

Interesting annoucement for 2024 ICE cars are back in world rallycross:

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/a...a-for-World-RX

The top category will run electric and ICE cars alongside each other, the ICE cars will run sustainable fuels. It'll be interesting to see how many cars of each type are entered - the annoucement mentions 16 cars in the field but not if there are limits on numbers of each power type.

There still doesn't appear to be an answer to the cause of the fire at Lydden so is this a way of ensuring the championship can still run even if the electric cars don't get the all clear?
Old 7 Dec 2023, 12:41 (Ref:4188545)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Source: https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/a...ship-contender

Skoda Fabia RX1e from ESmotorsport.
Old 7 Dec 2023, 12:43 (Ref:4188546)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
so is this a way of ensuring the championship can still run even if the electric cars don't get the all clear?
Looks like but do the RX1e teams still have ICE cars?

And they need to BoP the cars.
Old 7 Dec 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4188568)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
There still doesn't appear to be an answer to the cause of the fire at Lydden so is this a way of ensuring the championship can still run even if the electric cars don't get the all clear?
I am curious if the electric cars for the new season will be RX2E (running with Supercars in a similar vein to RallyX Nordic), or RX1E cars with some sort of restriction/penalty.

As said though, the latter depends on the RX1E getting the all clear. Personally I have my doubts that the investigation will reach a conclusion any time soon. I wonder if there might be some dispensation to run them "at the owners risk"? (Or perhaps more likely with enhanced safety procedures in place?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Looks like but do the RX1e teams still have ICE cars?
KMS had the "Killer Pig" up for sale; not sure if it sold but, even if it did, they should have one of their own Polos (plus apparently they have a VW Motorsport Polo on show in the workshop, but I presume they can't use that?).

I think GRX/CE Dealer Team have sold everything now as we know four ex-GRX i20's are out in the wild.

Possibly one GCK Megane still with Guerlain?

Possibly an older 208 (or two?) left with Hansen? I think the Peugeot Sport cars have all found new homes?

Don't think ES sold their Fabia, so that is still around.

And All Inkl have more Supercars then they know what to do with!
Old 20 Feb 2024, 07:46 (Ref:4197391)   #5
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on the 2024 Calendar ?
Old 20 Feb 2024, 09:05 (Ref:4197401)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Any news on the 2024 Calendar ?

Nothing seen yet. I have read a few comments on FB and elsewhere that are saying something will be announced at the end of the month, but I haven't seen anything official to support that.
Old 20 Feb 2024, 21:17 (Ref:4197499)   #7
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was very late last year I would imagine they are just desperately trying to get people to pay to host rounds, most series are already sorted, shows that really it is clinging on to life by a thread.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 10:23 (Ref:4197589)   #8
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not good when we're already at the end of February, and no calendar for 2024 has been published.
No way to run a series - but what do you expect from them? They're hopeless at most things they do......
Old 29 Feb 2024, 00:27 (Ref:4198774)   #9
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Calendar is out but not a lot to get excited about with 5 rounds in Europe and 1 in Australia.

https://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/a...-2024-calendar
Old 29 Feb 2024, 09:47 (Ref:4198803)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Not sure how they retain the 'world' championship status with only two continents hosting events?

Interesting to see that all of the European rounds are also rounds of the European Championship. Presumably they've realised that the world championship doesn't have the depth to carry a stand alone event.
Old 29 Feb 2024, 10:34 (Ref:4198816)   #11
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually see the shortened calendar as a positive.......... Seems pretty evident to me the next two years are going to be transitional years and it will go back to a European Championship probably dovetailing with Rallyx Nordic

There are enough cars that have filtered down to have a good championship again we've just got to be patient and let the electric thing pass
Old 29 Feb 2024, 10:52 (Ref:4198870)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
I actually see the shortened calendar as a positive.......... Seems pretty evident to me the next two years are going to be transitional years and it will go back to a European Championship probably dovetailing with Rallyx Nordic
I think it's certainly a sign that the World Championship isn't really viable as a stand alone entity. With no local championships anywhere outside Europe it really doesn't make sense.

Quote:
There are enough cars that have filtered down to have a good championship again we've just got to be patient and let the electric thing pass
There do seem to be plenty of cars about - and of course this season they're running ICE alongside the electric cars in the World Championship so more new ICE cars are a possibility. Maybe the electric cars will just be quietly phased out and never mentioned again.
Old 23 Mar 2024, 09:57 (Ref:4202381)   #13
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The deal used to be that you had to have at least two rounds in a continent away from the base.

This was the case in the past but only very loosely, Canada and even Turkey once as it was in Asia loL!

This was when the series was booming, it is very far from that now and is waiting to be killed like a lion that has been drugged by a hunter!

I would expect this is also contractual.

There were a few people sounding the death knell even in the heyday.