Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Oct 2010, 01:11 (Ref:2781876)   #1
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 Eastern Creek 8 Hour Production Car Race Dec 12

Seton/Crompton and Bargwanna/Glenney to team up for Pro duct Motorsport in December for Eastern Creek driving Bob's Evo X's.

I know Jim Hunter is looking at entering a STI.

Any word on other teams entering the event?
Old 29 Oct 2010, 02:44 (Ref:2781888)   #2
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are Pro-Duct Entering the 12 Hour? Less than 2 months between the 8 hour and 12 hour makes me thinks that a lot of production teams will choose either one or the other.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 29 Oct 2010, 04:43 (Ref:2781903)   #3
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or perhaps it's a good shakedown run for the 12 Hour....
Old 29 Oct 2010, 06:08 (Ref:2781920)   #4
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Or perhaps it's a good shakedown run for the 12 Hour....
Absolutely. It would be a brilliant test run for the 12 Hour. I guess it will depend on money and attitudes (aka GT cars) of the proddie guys.

It's a great time to be a competitor in production cars. Plenty of races available to compete in during the year, and not overly expensive to enter when you consider the amount of track time you get in return.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 7 Nov 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2786459)   #5
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Are Pro-Duct Entering the 12 Hour? Less than 2 months between the 8 hour and 12 hour makes me thinks that a lot of production teams will choose either one or the other.
Pro-Duct are running three cars at the creek. No plans to do Bathurst.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2786766)   #6
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope most production car teams see the light and drive the B12hr as well as or instead of this blantant attempt to effect attendance at the 12hr.
The 12hr has alway had races within the race based on your class.
Nothing different next time around except the GT have returned to where they belong. Sharing a enduro at Bathurst with their production car counterparts.

Some out their with sad ego's cant deal with the fact they are not the top class so they had to start this event undermining B12hr.This only shows poor character on their behalf. Why would you do this?? What is your problem??

Now I have vented my frustration I have to say, good luck to teams entering the 8hr event and hope to see you at B12hr but will not be attending.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 03:54 (Ref:2786821)   #7
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B24 View Post
I hope most production car teams see the light and drive the B12hr as well as or instead of this blantant attempt to effect attendance at the 12hr.
Nothing different next time around except the GT have returned to where they belong. Sharing a enduro at Bathurst with their production car counterparts.

Some out their with sad ego's cant deal with the fact they are not the top class so they had to start this event undermining B12hr.This only shows poor character on their behalf. Why would you do this?? What is your problem??

Now I have vented my frustration I have to say, good luck to teams entering the 8hr event and hope to see you at B12hr but will not be attending.
I know that if I owned state of the art Evo Xs or whatever that I'd be at Bathurst with bells on. There's no shame in class victories and there's a lot of fun to be had picking off cars from faster classes.

As a Newcastle boy I really enjoyed Luke Searle's 12 hour campaigns in the BMW 130i, seeing him get that hatch amid V8s in the top 10 was always interesting.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 04:02 (Ref:2786824)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplater View Post
I know that if I owned state of the art Evo Xs or whatever that I'd be at Bathurst with bells on. There's no shame in class victories and there's a lot of fun to be had picking off cars from faster classes.
But if you were the headline act last year, in outright competition, with the media attention and potential to sell space on the car on the basis of maybe winning the thing, only to be told the next year that your entry of the same cars will see you as uncompetitive on an outright basis as faster cars take centre stage, potentially rendering your investment close to worthless, you can kinda see where the support for the B12 may fall off
Old 8 Nov 2010, 05:46 (Ref:2786843)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you completely there GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by B24 View Post

I think you are quite wide of the mark there.

The Eastern Creek 8hr has nothing to do with the Bathurst 12hr, nor even related the AMC 6hr, this is a totally seperate event (and with a wider eligibilty list than that of the 6hr and the 07-10 12hr) initiated and organised by the ARDC themselves.

The GT cars have already had 2 attempts at getting an event up and going at Bathurst (the old 3hr which they headlined from 97-99, plus the 24hrs), why will them taking over the 12hr be any more successful??
Old 8 Nov 2010, 05:59 (Ref:2786845)   #10
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by pplater View Post

As a Newcastle boy I really enjoyed Luke Searle's 12 hour campaigns in the BMW 130i, seeing him get that hatch amid V8s in the top 10 was always interesting.
On the topic of Luke Searle, where is he these days? last year there was talk that he was building a BMW 135i for this years 12hr and that never happened. Is he still racing?
Old 9 Nov 2010, 00:52 (Ref:2787389)   #11
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
On the topic of Luke Searle, where is he these days? last year there was talk that he was building a BMW 135i for this years 12hr and that never happened. Is he still racing?
The Searles ordered a 135i for the 12 hour but cancelled racing plans in favour of business.

I believe his 130i hatch was sold to Allan Shephard. Luke isn't doing any racing at the moment.

He now owns/manages a new and fairly successful go kart facility in Thornton (near Maitland/Newcastle). I've been there, it's pretty fun.

www.indoorgokarts.com.au
Old 19 Nov 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2793016)   #12
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
What's going on with the 8 hour, haven't heard much info.

Any word on entries/class structures

Is it still going ahead, it is in a bit over three weeks
Old 19 Nov 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2793274)   #13
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
What's going on with the 8 hour, haven't heard much info.

Any word on entries/class structures

Is it still going ahead, it is in a bit over three weeks
2nd that, keen to make the trip.
Old 3 Dec 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2798957)   #14
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Anyone have a entry list for the 8hour?
Old 5 Dec 2010, 07:56 (Ref:2799792)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Word at Homebush is that there's a grand total of 9 cars on the entry list.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2799859)   #16
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had heard that number was more around 16 however that this number still had the event likely to be postponed.

I am impressed those at a v8sa meet even knew what production car events were coming up.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2799920)   #17
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I had heard that number was more around 16 however that this number still had the event likely to be postponed.

I am impressed those at a v8sa meet even knew what production car events were coming up.
Some of us attend both you know.....
Old 5 Dec 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2800089)   #18
Green Hornet
Racer

Green Hornet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed - and not try and find issues and whine on about it either.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2800144)   #19
scuderus
Racer

scuderus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you know if the Radical support races will still be run on the Sat. if the 8hr is postponed/cancelled?
Old 6 Dec 2010, 01:04 (Ref:2800146)   #20
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Would love to know who is in your 16.

BTW- admission still only $20 at the gate
Old 6 Dec 2010, 01:45 (Ref:2800157)   #21
Fast_Eddie
Rookie

Fast_Eddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderus View Post
Do you know if the Radical support races will still be run on the Sat. if the 8hr is postponed/cancelled?
We have been advised it will. 2 x 50 minute enduros with practice and 2 x qualifying. There are approx 20 Radicals entered.

A few well known drivers are pairing up with some of the Radical owners from all accounts. There is a compulsory pit stop and optional driver change in each race.

May be worth the price of admission
Old 6 Dec 2010, 02:10 (Ref:2800163)   #22
scuderus
Racer

scuderus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
We have been advised it will. 2 x 50 minute enduros with practice and 2 x qualifying. There are approx 20 Radicals entered.

A few well known drivers are pairing up with some of the Radical owners from all accounts. There is a compulsory pit stop and optional driver change in each race.

May be worth the price of admission
Are you having a run Ed?

cheers Scotty
Old 6 Dec 2010, 02:25 (Ref:2800166)   #23
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Apologies Alfacors, photographers and journos no doubt.

More of a comment about V8 fan boys or those involved in the staging of the race on the weekend
Old 6 Dec 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2800241)   #24
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
I telephoned EC this morning, and I was advised that the meeting was DEFINATELY still a goer.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 6 Dec 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2800571)   #25
Fast_Eddie
Rookie

Fast_Eddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderus View Post
Are you having a run Ed?

cheers Scotty
Yes - just updated to a new model so this will be the debut.