Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Hamilton 13 22.81%
Rosberg 1 1.75%
Alonso 31 54.39%
Ricciardo 7 12.28%
Vettel 0 0%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
Raikkonen 1 1.75%
Perez 0 0%
Kvyat 1 1.75%
Button 0 0%
Vergne 0 0%
Magnussen 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Massa 0 0%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Kobayashi 1 1.75%
Chilton 0 0%
Ericsson 0 0%
Grosjean 2 3.51%
Sutil 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Apr 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3396301)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Chinese Grand Prix

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:21 (Ref:3396316)   #2
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Hamilton would have to have it because his performance was sublime. Brilliant. But he has the best car, and a performance advantage that its expected.
But....
Alonso put the Ferrari where it had no right to be and held off everyone except Rosberg over the length of the GP so in many ways he actually had to work a lot harder than Lewis.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3396334)   #3
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Alonso, for yet again pulling the nuts off a dog.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3396339)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Hamilton... Amongst the best performances I have seen from him. Fernando gets honourable mention for hanging in there so long with such a crap car.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3396361)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
went for LH but Alonso and Rosberg also did very well.

it really was one of the better LH performances. with each race the old criticisms of lack of maturity seem to get smaller and smaller. we know he has always been quick but so far this season he is showing that the whole package is coming together.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3396388)   #6
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I want to vote for Hamilton because he owned the weekend pretty soundly, but I went with Alonso for dragging the Ferrari ahead of where it probably has any business being.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3396397)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso and Hamilton. I will say Alonso.

Hon mensh for Dan, Kfiat and Hulk.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3396410)   #8
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went for Hamilton.
I know he has the best car, but his performance was commanding, none of the others stood the slightest chance.

Honourable mentions: Kvyat, Ricciardo, Grosjean.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3396415)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would have gone for Hamilton for a pretty well perfect race, but on this occasion I'll go with Alonso for getting that car home for a podium.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3396435)   #10
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso finished on the podium in probably the third best car (or worse) and beat his world champion teammate by nearly a minute. Easiest DofR decision in some time for me.

HM for Grosjean, who would have probably been in contention for DotR if his Lotus had held up.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 21:44 (Ref:3396441)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton all the way.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3396444)   #12
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Easy... Alonso. Yet another fantastic drive that once again proved he can get the absolute very best out of whatever car he is given. No of WDC's and wins in dominant cars don't count for me and not really a fan of the man as a person but as a driver these capabilities and achievements are the markings of a true great.
I wish more forum members would look out for this rather than automatically awarding it their favourite driver or the winner in the best car... that's just either fanboyism or bizzare!

Hamilton was untouchable but had it easy way out in front in the quickest car by a country mile. He really didn't have much to do compared with the rest other than have to maintain his concentration. Not his fault and he is probably the quickest guy out there but how can anyone award him DOR? He was hardly involved in one!

Edit- Maybe that is a bit harsh because I do know how demanding it is to maintain 100% concentration when you have it easy.

Last edited by Zico; 21 Apr 2014 at 22:13.
Old 21 Apr 2014, 23:47 (Ref:3396466)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso. It's not the first time he's brought a dog of a Ferrari home.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 02:29 (Ref:3396479)   #14
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi....from starting 11th and finishing in the points. At least he is consistent by being in the top 10.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 04:31 (Ref:3396498)   #15
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it to Lewis, kudos to Rosberg, Alonso and Perez too.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3396558)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi....from starting 11th and finishing in the points. At least he is consistent by being in the top 10.
You really are beginning to take the Mickey now Pete.....
Old 22 Apr 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3396562)   #17
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Alonso or Hamilton or Ricciardo. I voted Alonso just for a change. All three of them finished way ahead of their teammates.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3396625)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Could have gone Hamilton but Alonso got more from the ferrari than you would have thought possible
Old 22 Apr 2014, 12:35 (Ref:3396677)   #19
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Although Lewis had it easy (in relative terms) he was obviously stroking it home, using less fuel whilst going faster than anyone else, and is apparently thinking intelligently about how to get the best from the new technology - his comment about "lifting earlier for the corner to harvest energy actually working out quicker than barreling in hard on the brakes" was interesting.

However I've given it to Alonso for getting the Ferrari into a much better position than it arguably deserves......

Disnonourable mention to Vettel for his petulant behaviour to Ricciardo and Kobayashi.......
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3396730)   #20
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Hamilton in a class of his own, nobody to stop him right now.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3396736)   #21
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton. Another dominant performance from him.

In the second place - I'd say Alonso for dragging that Ferrari up to third place on the podium. He always seem to outperform the car.

Kudos to Rosberg as well. Despite not having telemetry and starting behind the Red Bulls, as well as having a bad start, he made his way to second.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3396767)   #22
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grosjean. Because #YOLO.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3396798)   #23
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fernando Alonso.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 22:17 (Ref:3396964)   #24
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Little Lew. He's got the best car of course, but he's really making use of it. It's hardly his fault that no-one else could get close to him.

Alonso went well too. Clearly getting everything he possibly could out of the car, and making Raikkonen look pretty ordinary.

I'm surprised only four people have voted for Ricciardo. He again proved to have the legs on a four-time world champion, and it's beginning to look like Vettel is taking it with the same good grace that Alonso did when he was teamed with a precocious team-mate.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 01:50 (Ref:3397018)   #25
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You really are beginning to take the Mickey now Pete.....
.......I believed Kimi to be the driver of the race because I didn't pay attention to anyone else!