Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Mar 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3374051)   #551
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'll take a stab at it...

#89 Senna/Lamy/Bertrand Baguette
#95 Heinemeier Hansson/Poulsen/Thiim
#96 Goethe/Hall/Adam
#97 Turner/Mücke/Campbell-Walter
#98 Dalla Lana/Rees/O'Young
#99 Stanaway/MacDowall/James Davison

Simmi and I are always around to provide the much-needed expert opinion.
Where does Enge go ?
Old 2 Mar 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3374069)   #552
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Where does Enge go ?
I don't know yet, but I forgot him here.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3374072)   #553
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toni Vilander told today that each of the AF Corse driver will have to visit the Ferrari factory in Maranello, in one year about 10 times.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3374085)   #554
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Hard life, isn't it?
Old 3 Mar 2014, 04:43 (Ref:3374220)   #555
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'll take a stab at it...

#89 Senna/Lamy/Bertrand Baguette
#95 Heinemeier Hansson/Poulsen/Thiim
#96 Goethe/Hall/Adam
#97 Turner/Mücke/Campbell-Walter
#98 Dalla Lana/Rees/O'Young
#99 Stanaway/MacDowall/James Davison

Simmi and I are always around to provide the much-needed expert opinion.

None of these lineups particularly stand out to me. Especially seeing as how every other GTE Pro lineup will be stacked...Aston needs to stack 2 cars and just put everyone else in the race. These days it's all about pace or you will get left behind.

Turner-Mucke-Lamy
Senna-Brabham-Enge

Makowiecki?
Old 3 Mar 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3374282)   #556
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enge isn't going to make a return to Aston let's be realistic.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3374439)   #557
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Enge isn't going to make a return to Aston let's be realistic.
I disagree ..... why would you say that ?
Old 3 Mar 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3374441)   #558
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I disagree ..... why would you say that ?
He wasn't competing anymore for Aston even before his 'issues' arose. So I'm not sure why he would be now after 18 months out of the game?

I'm not sure Aston are in the business of being sentimental when it comes to winning races.

Do you have any information on the contrary? Happy to be proved wrong.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 16:39 (Ref:3374448)   #559
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, taking the risk. Booked my flights to Austin (you can now fly direct from London on a 787) for the TUSCC/FIAWEC weekend. They better not cancel it!
Old 3 Mar 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3374476)   #560
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
Well, taking the risk. Booked my flights to Austin (you can now fly direct from London on a 787) for the TUSCC/FIAWEC weekend. They better not cancel it!
Now THAT is bizarre. Austin-Bergstrom, or a private jet?

They won't cancel it, surely. There are a lot of people like you going to the event from overseas. For me, it's a leisurely 3 hour drive.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3374479)   #561
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Sorry for the double post in advance, but lots of interesting things coming out of E-I and DSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
None of these lineups particularly stand out to me. Especially seeing as how every other GTE Pro lineup will be stacked...Aston needs to stack 2 cars and just put everyone else in the race. These days it's all about pace or you will get left behind.

Turner-Mucke-Lamy
Senna-Brabham-Enge

Makowiecki?
COMPLETELY forgot about Brabs. Sam Hancock, Jonny Cocker, and Peter Dumbreck come to mind as well. Makowiecki is signed to Porsche I think. Well, let's be honest, no one is really sure what's going on with him but I think he's still on with Porsche.

Also, E-I pointed this out... are these the Porsche liveries?

Not very inspiring, one must admit, but I have to think this is very blown-up artist's rendition.

And is this just a typo or a leak of info regarding AMR's 2014 plans?

Quote:
Les Danois du Young Driver AMR seront une nouvelle fois bien actifs en GTE-Am avec une voiture confiée Ã* Kristian Poulsen, David Heinemeier-Hansson et Christoffer Nygaard. Ce dernier sera remplacé par Nicki Thiim aux 6 heures de Silverstone et aux 24 Heures du Mans. La seconde auto alignée en GTE-Am (#96) verra en découdre Paul Dalla Lana et deux autres coéquipiers Ã* confirmer. Pour Le Mans, rien n’a filtré quant Ã* l’équipage de la #98 où Richie Stanaway a été annoncé lors de la présentation des engagés.
I thought it was the other way around... Stanaway in 96 and PDL in 98?

Another thing... Dominik Kraihamer and Eat the Ball signed to Rebellion!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=23968

I'm assuming Dodo will be in the no. 13 with Beche, given the no. 12 is already Prost/Heidfeld?
Old 3 Mar 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3374481)   #562
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Makowiecki is signed to Porsche I think. Well, let's be honest, no one is really sure what's going on with him but I think he's still on with Porsche.
Looks like he's already signed for Porsche for WEC, but got his contract disputed for the Daytona 24 Hours by Aston Martin. I'm very unsure if he's going for Porsche or Aston Martin for the WEC. Let's find out soon.

And about the Porsche livery, it looks like they can be sponsored by neither Veltins or Red Bull (as Webber's sponsor?).
Old 3 Mar 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3374623)   #563
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
I contacted the track and was told that they cannot confirm the race yet. This was as of this morning. I'm in the same boat as you, although not traveling quite as far. They did however mention that they weren't saying that there wasn't going to be one.

I do however have faith that it will happen as was announced on the WEC's calendar.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3374847)   #564
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Looks like he's already signed for Porsche for WEC, but got his contract disputed for the Daytona 24 Hours by Aston Martin. I'm very unsure if he's going for Porsche or Aston Martin for the WEC. Let's find out soon.

And about the Porsche livery, it looks like they can be sponsored by neither Veltins or Red Bull (as Webber's sponsor?).
Makowiecki has been confirmed by Porsche this morning for their WEC 911 outfit. So I guess they resolved the problems with AMR.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3374856)   #565
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Seems that Porsche will also run full 3-man GTE teams at Silverstone as a warm-up for Le Mans. Spa has a TUSCC clash so Tandy/Lietz can't attend.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3374880)   #566
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Makowiecki has been confirmed by Porsche this morning for their WEC 911 outfit. So I guess they resolved the problems with AMR.

Good to hear of it
Old 4 Mar 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3374896)   #567
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Old 4 Mar 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3374970)   #568
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Seems like the legal rumblings are still going on between Kodewa and Adess AG. Maybe to the extent that the T129 is delayed?

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/formel1...ne-chosse.html
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/les...t129-reportes/

Seems like whoever wins the court battle for damages should race. I'd guess the loser won't...
Old 4 Mar 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3374998)   #569
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
I contacted the track and was told that they cannot confirm the race yet. This was as of this morning. I'm in the same boat as you, although not traveling quite as far. They did however mention that they weren't saying that there wasn't going to be one.

I do however have faith that it will happen as was announced on the WEC's calendar.
I'm not overly concerned by that as Silverstone often carries this note about F1 races all the way up to the day it starts. Avoids liability I suppose.

It depends if they decide to shuffle any races to avoid the mid-season abyss, although probably too late to do that this season now.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3375078)   #570
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Lots of pre season testing happening at Sebring: http://sportscar365.com/wec/audi-por...st-at-sebring/
Old 5 Mar 2014, 01:48 (Ref:3375154)   #571
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Seems like the legal rumblings are still going on between Kodewa and Adess AG. Maybe to the extent that the T129 is delayed?
Please, speak not of such things. I don't want to see any LMP1s dropping out this year. I had enough of it last year.

Nice to see Mako is confirmed to somewhere, though.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 07:21 (Ref:3375227)   #572
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Nice to see Mako is confirmed to somewhere, though.
I agree.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3375426)   #573
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
From Sportscar 365: Former CART Champ Car CEO Andrew Craig appointed as North American representative for the WEC.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3375430)   #574
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Quote:
Please, speak not of such things. I don't want to see any LMP1s dropping out this year. I had enough of it last year.
I fear Simmi is right:

http://www.sportscar365.com/wec/lotu...1-car-delayed/
Old 6 Mar 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3375620)   #575
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the Pescarolo thread February 17th

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Creation Autosport
Charouz Racing Team
Epsilon Euskadi
Dome Racing
Signature Plus
Kolles Audi
De Ferran Motorsport
Rollcentre Racing
Autocon Motorsport
Intersport Racing
Highcroft Racing
Drayson Racing
Team LNT
Beechdean
Aston Martin Racing
Matmut Oreca
Peugeot Sport Total
Quifel ASM
Strakka Racing
JRM Motorsport
Dyson Racing
Muscle Milk Pickett Racing
Pescarolo Sport

Any bets on who gets added to this list next? My bet is the new Lotus team.

Sad day but an expected one.
http://sportscar365.com/wec/lotus-t1...1-car-delayed/

Never saw these issues coming...