Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Oct 2007, 04:12 (Ref:2036505)   #701
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Esper.Thanks for pre war posting but its not me as I only went to watch as had no cars there except had an interest in the John Polson driven car but him and his father Ian build and look after it
6 hrs was so much better this year and Mr H you are correct it is one of the Top Four meetings.We should be back next year in pre war and 6hrs assuming we have anything left after LMC.Pre war car in 6hrs now theres a thought!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 08:40 (Ref:2036615)   #702
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some pictures http://www.racingpincus.com/
Old 10 Oct 2007, 08:44 (Ref:2036621)   #703
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I noticed a big shift in lighting, but still many cars with neon modern lights, as Roger has proved you can do it with ordinary lights, they should exclude or remopve any non period lighting fully next year, not just say one thing and then half heartedly enforce it.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 08:49 (Ref:2036628)   #704
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
I noticed a big shift in lighting, but still many cars with neon modern lights, as Roger has proved you can do it with ordinary lights, they should exclude or remopve any non period lighting fully next year, not just say one thing and then half heartedly enforce it.
The difficulty is that all the cars that came through scrutineering were correct-then they go away and change them . I run up and down the pitlane race long trying to sort out issues -two cars were told to change but as the race is running as it gets dark the Cof C is a little reluctant to black flag, A) in the dark and B) on my say so.
I will try harder next year for you
Old 10 Oct 2007, 08:57 (Ref:2036633)   #705
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
great pics tatounet, great one of Rogers car in the dark, and another of Peter for Johngee to check for legality
Old 10 Oct 2007, 09:06 (Ref:2036640)   #706
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
2 other website updated
http://www.rallyfoto.be

http://www.objectifphoto.be
Old 10 Oct 2007, 10:13 (Ref:2036699)   #707
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to let everyone know. We're bringing Iain Rowley home on Thursday. Then the real trouble begins - trying to ensure that he doesn't try to do too much too soon!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 12:08 (Ref:2036806)   #708
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
great pics tatounet, great one of Rogers car in the dark, and another of Peter for Johngee to check for legality
One also of it in normal sideways mode........

http://www.racingpincus.com/2007/spa...ixhours098.jpg
Old 10 Oct 2007, 14:01 (Ref:2036882)   #709
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couple of pics:

Madge gets a pre-race "fettle".

TVR-shaped dent in door of MG.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 14:49 (Ref:2036913)   #710
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
Other pictures source from the man with the " Belga jacket "
! large size ... 30mb pdf

http://bmw318.ifrance.com/6Histo.pdf
Old 10 Oct 2007, 16:10 (Ref:2036977)   #711
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeremy,If the organisers wont play ball,how on earth can you do better for us next year? Seem,s a monumental task for one man.I,d have thought that it would be easier to have someone at the bottom of the pit lane just to look at the lights as the cars go out.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 16:13 (Ref:2036980)   #712
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatounet
Other pictures source from the man with the " Belga jacket "
! large size ... 30mb pdf

http://bmw318.ifrance.com/6Histo.pdf
Great pictures, nice to see a few familiar faces and cars up close.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 16:53 (Ref:2037018)   #713
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Terry, if the organisers won't play ball then the FiA pull their status ?

fantastic shots, amazing how odd my front suspension set up looks compared to some cars from some angles, I need to work on that, not quite sure how, but blue printing will be the start !
Old 10 Oct 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2037036)   #714
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your lucky you can view them Zef,I dont seem to be able to!. The FIA will have to do something pretty dramatic to make anyone sit up and take notice.One can only live in hope,although Spa was as good as it usually is,I must admit to feeling a bit pee,ed off by some of the outragious performances by some of the cars,did,nt seem to be too much in the way of cars/papers being pulled!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2037045)   #715
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like you need some more negative camber to me.....

But then, what do I know....!

James

Quote:
fantastic shots, amazing how odd my front suspension set up looks compared to some cars from some angles, I need to work on that, not quite sure how, but blue printing will be the start !
Old 10 Oct 2007, 18:08 (Ref:2037068)   #716
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The meeting at Spa was a Belgian national event, the FIA had no role or ability to have a role at the event.They derogate all matters of national sport to the ASN -RACB in this case-and finish.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 18:48 (Ref:2037129)   #717
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Nice pictures, nice to see Dave Tetly get the Rover out, it looks good in the pictures how did it go?

Does look a little wanting on the camber side on the front of the Cortina Zef!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 19:55 (Ref:2037179)   #718
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hall
They derogate all matters of national sport to the ASN -RACB in this case-and finish.
And as we know over here, they (RACB) couldn't care less.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 20:27 (Ref:2037209)   #719
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
And as we know over here, they (RACB) couldn't care less.

That,unfortunatly Eddy,was pretty obvious.All they really care about is grid numbers and no thought of the competitors who want/have always played fair!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2037214)   #720
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi
It ws my first visit to Spa 6 hours. It was great.
I would like to excuse to all of those I got in the way during the Top Hat race in my white, with red stripe, Cortina GT. We got the rear gearing wrong.

The problem of legal and non-legals cars has been raised here often.
As Eddy writes "they couldn´t care less".
It´s all in the hands of the series promotor (U2TC or Master) to regulate what type of cars (year, cubic, type) they want in their series, and they have to enforce these regulations, by having appointed somebody as their technical scutineering.

Regards
Henrik Pedersen
Cortina GT
Old 10 Oct 2007, 20:31 (Ref:2037216)   #721
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has never, ever been different Terri. All they care about is free food and drink, lots of it.
They will however come into action for one reason: bring one of their little friends (Belgian french speaking drivers) into problems and you will be hit hard, even if you're right.
Old 10 Oct 2007, 20:33 (Ref:2037218)   #722
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not so balck and white guys, six hours is improving and the direction is ok. just some good objectives for next year and some more goals achieved. the tyre thing is good now. the lighting on cars gets better. so whats up for next year?
Old 10 Oct 2007, 20:33 (Ref:2037219)   #723
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Eddy, great to see you as well, the team where all very grateful for the Preparation H delivery also fantastic to meet Henrik and his son Jakob in their GT from Denmark, I'm not alone ! and I haven't forgotten Hugo from Holland who passed briefly (where was your GT!!!)

a few more GT's and some Giulia Tis, along with Rileys and Rootes group tin tops would make a great midfield race, and indeed fill in the gaps in the times . . . .

and yes Al, seeing the P6 was a highlight for me, along with the GN special which posted exceptional lap times on shopper bike tyres, impressive to say the least

I was gutted to see the P6 pull off after the first lap of Barrys race, someone mentioned it was an Alan Mann prepared car origionally ? ? ?

along with anglias, fiats and R8's, NSU's etc in the pint sized tin tops for that matter . . . . come on Dads, get the offspring started on something sensible !!!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 20:35 (Ref:2037221)   #724
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
free food and drinks was mainly with the dutch this year. its the world upside down isn't it????
Old 10 Oct 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2037222)   #725
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I forgot to mention earlier . . . Gordon 'whiskers' Streeter is (as far as I know) still there, he popped his head in our camp on Sunday evening with a large grin, dirty fingers and a clutch actuating rod . . . he lost his Clutch mid race, remembered where, and after track close, walked a lap to the position, scoured round and found the bits, I gave him our clutch spares just in case, but he was confident he could fix it having found the important link. no doubt he'll be on the pace next weekend, a 3:09 on Sunday wasn't too shabby for starters anyway!