Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3082315)   #376
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What exactly is the moment when the entry list "locked in" and it's bye-bye for reserves, before or after the Test Day has finished? I feel sad for IMSA...
Old 31 May 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3082373)   #377
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Slightly off topic but looking at the prediction thread there's not much love out there for the Delta Wing. It would appear to be getting the prediction of being 1st to retire .......... shame on you all
Old 31 May 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3082378)   #378
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
Slightly off topic but looking at the prediction thread there's not much love out there for the Delta Wing. It would appear to be getting the prediction of being 1st to retire .......... shame on you all

I'm putting my money on a very brief sprinkle of rain (on a section of track where Ayse isn't at that time, wink wink) in the early laps catching out B Vickers like it did at Spa in the warm-up.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:25 (Ref:3082531)   #379
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Any times from the test , just wonderin where Henri's 03 ended up against Oak racing .
Old 1 Jun 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3083172)   #380
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
so we have Marc Gene replacing Timo Bernhard according Autosport.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3083175)   #381
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Just saw it mentioned in the Audi R18 thread but as it has to do with the entry list I think it could be on this thread also.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3083176)   #382
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yeah, Autosport's story is from an official Audi press release, so it's confirmed. Must have been a really severe shunt for Timo in order to sideline him for this long.
Old 1 Jun 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3083178)   #383
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
yeah I read he hurt his back pretty bad ( vertebra damage ).
Old 1 Jun 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3083383)   #384
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
So with today's new will we see either of the pesca's
Old 1 Jun 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3083450)   #385
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
So with today's new will we see either of the pesca's
Seems like it's all been sorted out. Jousse's case thrown out.

I doubt the cars were being held all that far away from Henri's factory. I'm not really sure how it works. It's just set them back a bit of set-up time in the pitlane I'd imagine.

Can you imagine if we'd lost both Luxury Ferrari's due to Henri's complaints, only to lose both Pesca cars to an irate driver!
Old 2 Jun 2012, 06:58 (Ref:3083645)   #386
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
It seemed a bit strange to me, how can they impound Henry's cars if they are not his! If Jousse has a contract for driving one of Henry's cars then bad luck to him, there aren't any.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3083856)   #387
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love the #66

Old 2 Jun 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3083861)   #388
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It seemed a bit strange to me, how can they impound Henry's cars if they are not his! If Jousse has a contract for driving one of Henry's cars then bad luck to him, there aren't any.
If Jousse has a contract to drive a Team Pescarolo car , then this should never have happened .

To be honest , I feel that Henri should consider bowing out , I feel that his business decorum is suffering and perhaps he should quit while there are no more law suits against him .

Again , I repeat I have tremendous respect for him and what he has accomplished as a driver and more so as a team owner .....

This whole saga has shone a dim light on him , and the whole event as far as Im concerned , and to be honest , Im tired of hearing all the wrongs done against him ..... he has done wrongs against others too ..... time out .
Old 2 Jun 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3083885)   #389
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
If Jousse has a contract to drive a Team Pescarolo car , then this should never have happened .

To be honest , I feel that Henri should consider bowing out , I feel that his business decorum is suffering and perhaps he should quit while there are no more law suits against him .

Again , I repeat I have tremendous respect for him and what he has accomplished as a driver and more so as a team owner .....

This whole saga has shone a dim light on him , and the whole event as far as Im concerned , and to be honest , Im tired of hearing all the wrongs done against him ..... he has done wrongs against others too ..... time out .
You are 100% right with that, last few years he has been in the news too many times in a negative way.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3083899)   #390
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As much as it's not cool to see Henri getting himself cornered in such situations, I think we have to remember that this is all a product of trying to do more with less. The money isn't there for him to run a slick operation anymore.

I think Henri deserves support to be honest for fighting tooth and nail to stay in the game. It would have been so easy for him to throw in the towel at numerous points in the last few years. Racing is a tough business. Stay around long enough and you will get burnt. He's committed to staying in P1 when it would have been so easy to drop down a class.

I think it's a shame to see people jumping on him for what is really just a product of his circumstances. If the economy was better he'd be running a team on behalf of a manufacturer but it's not.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:50 (Ref:3084003)   #391
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
As much as it's not cool to see Henri getting himself cornered in such situations, I think we have to remember that this is all a product of trying to do more with less. The money isn't there for him to run a slick operation anymore.

I think Henri deserves support to be honest for fighting tooth and nail to stay in the game. It would have been so easy for him to throw in the towel at numerous points in the last few years. Racing is a tough business. Stay around long enough and you will get burnt. He's committed to staying in P1 when it would have been so easy to drop down a class.

I think it's a shame to see people jumping on him for what is really just a product of his circumstances. If the economy was better he'd be running a team on behalf of a manufacturer but it's not.
QFT
Old 3 Jun 2012, 04:18 (Ref:3084119)   #392
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
^Such a productive post. No one is a saint. So there's wrong on both sides.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3084271)   #393
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I think it's a shame to see people jumping on him for what is really just a product of his circumstances
If he hasnt the money to run a slick opperation , they he shouldnt be tryin, and shouldnt be tryin to shaft others on the way .

What does "QFT" mean ?

Product of his circumstance , then its fine and dandy to shaft others as long as your not doing ok !!!
Old 3 Jun 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3084279)   #394
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What does "QFT" mean ?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT
Old 3 Jun 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3084686)   #395
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
If he hasnt the money to run a slick opperation , they he shouldnt be tryin
We must have different definitions of a slick operation.
Old 3 Jun 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3084799)   #396
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The case went to court - One side claimed they had a contract, the other claimed the party with a contract hadn't paid as per the terms of that contract - The Judge decided the latter party was correct - How on earth is that evidence of Henri behaving anything other than properly?
Old 4 Jun 2012, 05:19 (Ref:3084892)   #397
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately there is much jumping to conclusions Graham, often based upon little knowledge of the facts. Everything we discuss is based on rumour and supposition and when the truth gets mixed in somewhere, it's often hard to spot.......
Old 4 Jun 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3085000)   #398
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSC said some drivers have not completed their rookie laps. does this preclude their taking part? does the ACO publish a list (of eligible pilots)? is the viability of some entries threatened? ...questions, questions
Old 4 Jun 2012, 10:37 (Ref:3085004)   #399
Deleted
Veteran

ACO can always grant a waiver for whatever reason so it's not final yet. Did DSC mention who those drivers were?
Old 4 Jun 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3085009)   #400
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Like previously, they are probably allowed in, if they do their laps in the first practice/qualifying.