Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 May 2012, 03:27 (Ref:3074113)   #1301
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
you got me in the wrong camp
Old 14 May 2012, 06:11 (Ref:3074129)   #1302
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post

Sure buddy nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more
Old 14 May 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3074222)   #1303
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I don't think you're camp at all, PM
Old 14 May 2012, 09:19 (Ref:3074224)   #1304
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Remind me someone, why did we do away with Group A???? Apart from evil turbos of course...
Old 14 May 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3074263)   #1305
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Remind me someone, why did we do away with Group A???? Apart from evil turbos of course...
as a circuit formula, didn't it die when manufacturers couldn't justify 'homologation specials' anymore??
it stayed in rallying much later.
Old 14 May 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3074277)   #1306
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
as a circuit formula, didn't it die when manufacturers couldn't justify 'homologation specials' anymore??
it stayed in rallying much later.
I always liked the homologation specials although not as much as the insane Group B rally specials!
Old 14 May 2012, 11:46 (Ref:3074294)   #1307
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Simon Richards was not racing at Hamilton, any one know why that was.
Old 14 May 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3074540)   #1308
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Simon Richards was not racing at Hamilton, any one know why that was.
i spoke to his dad---risk versus putting all efforts $$$ into new gen NZV8 car for next season.they are a small family team...
Old 14 May 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3074545)   #1309
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
i spoke to his dad---risk versus putting all efforts $$$ into new gen NZV8 car for next season.they are a small family team...
come on now Harcey, mr Pearl was fishing for a scandel, and that's the best you can come up with ??
Old 14 May 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3074561)   #1310
harcey
Racer

Quote:
come on now Harcey, mr Pearl was fishing for a scandel, and that's the best you can come up with ??
yeah sorry joe......a small, sensible and very likeable team has no place on these forums
Old 14 May 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3074595)   #1311
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yeah sorry joe......a small, sensible and very likeable team has no place on these forums
What he said
Old 15 May 2012, 00:24 (Ref:3074638)   #1312
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
yes you would promax, so i agree with you there. For this to even get close to getting off the ground all 3 cars need to be ready for testing and parity assessment about 4 months ago.

Otherwise it will be the Toyota camp (you'll be happy with that eh promax ) running away with victory every time and making the rest of the field look silly. And when that happens there will be unhappy campers up and down pitlane (albeit a very short pitlane).

Roll on November.....
barking up the wrong tree, me thinks...... i am more than happy to see Toyotas involvement, but can't see why every one thinks they will automatically run away with the silverware. sure, it's a race proven engine, but was it not built as an endurance motor, not a sprint engine?? would it not then, be tuned for reliability over absolute power ??
is there any dyno plots available for the engine to compare with the Ford and Chev V8 ??
Old 15 May 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3074705)   #1313
sportsfan
Rookie

sportsfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,dot is rumored that TMC have withheld the last payment to TV3 for the Taupo round due to comments made about the NZV8 class by the TV3 presenters at the V8 Supercars at Hamilton.

I have replayed the commentary and can someone explain what the presenters said wrong. From what I heard they were reminiscing about all of the fond memories they had while racing in the class etc.

Also it has been brought to my attention that the coverage from the ITM 400 was at no cost to any of the competitors. If this is the case then I am confused as:

The Taupo round of the summer series was mid March.
The Hamilton V8 Super car round was mid April, serveral weeks later.
The humoured outstanding monies to TV3 are reported to be between $50,000 - $100,000.
TV3 have not been paid due to comments made several weeks after the final round.
The round where these supposed comments were made was in fact a free TV presentation for all of the supporting classes.

If there is any truth to the above then who the **** is responsible. We talk about us competitors bringing the sport into disrepute, then who ever is responsible needs to be removed from any position of authority.
Bad decisions are made every day but once the press get a wind of this they will have a field day with it. The last thing we need is another cheap shot at our sport due to a grudge or negligence of one or a couple of people.

As you can see this is quite possible the straw that has broken this camels back and I am **** off. Does anybody know who would of made this decision and do they have a back bone and come on this site and put the facts right.

Last edited by Woolley; 15 May 2012 at 15:31. Reason: Autocensor
Old 15 May 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3074717)   #1314
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
barking up the wrong tree, me thinks...... i am more than happy to see Toyotas involvement, but can't see why every one thinks they will automatically run away with the silverware. sure, it's a race proven engine, but was it not built as an endurance motor, not a sprint engine?? would it not then, be tuned for reliability over absolute power ??
is there any dyno plots available for the engine to compare with the Ford and Chev V8 ??
probably hear that same story when the Mercedes turns up
Old 15 May 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3074718)   #1315
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
probably hear that same story when the Mercedes turns up
From the circles I work in, Audi will be alot closer than Mercedes as being the fourth manufacturer.
Old 15 May 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3074719)   #1316
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
probably hear that same story when the Audis turns up
Old 15 May 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3074720)   #1317
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan View Post
Hi all,dot is rumored that TMC have withheld the last payment to TV3 for the Taupo round due to comments made about the NZV8 class by the TV3 presenters at the V8 Supercars at Hamilton.

I have replayed the commentary and can someone explain what the presenters said wrong. From what I heard they were reminiscing about all of the fond memories they had while racing in the class etc.

Also it has been brought to my attention that the coverage from the ITM 400 was at no cost to any of the competitors. If this is the case then I am confused as:

The Taupo round of the summer series was mid March.
The Hamilton V8 Super car round was mid April, serveral weeks later.
The humoured outstanding monies to TV3 are reported to be between $50,000 - $100,000.
TV3 have not been paid due to comments made several weeks after the final round.
The round where these supposed comments were made was in fact a free TV presentation for all of the supporting classes.

If there is any truth to the above then who the F""k is responsible. We talk about us competitors bringing the sport into disrepute, then who ever is responsible needs to be removed from any position of authority.
Bad decisions are made every day but once the press get a wind of this they will have a field day with it. The last thing we need is another cheap shot at our sport due to a grudge or negligence of one or a couple of people.

As you can see this is quite possible the straw that has broken this camels back and I am pis""d off. Does anybody know who would of made this decision and do they have a back bone and come on this site and put the facts right.
This thread is about NZV8 season but more to do with the cars. I suggest (since you are soooo new) that you re-direct this question in the MSNZ-wheels-falling-off thread for a better/more-likely answer

Welcome to the forum
Old 15 May 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3074743)   #1318
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Not at all, was a legit question as no info or media releases as to why he was not racing.
Old 16 May 2012, 04:54 (Ref:3075110)   #1319
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand

Old 16 May 2012, 05:57 (Ref:3075117)   #1320
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I guess i'm not the "ultimate race fan" then? Dammit!
Old 16 May 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3075196)   #1321
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoever runs the fb page for nzv8s needs to read the rules about competitions on Facebook, no point running a comp and paying someone to do so if it risks your page being deleted

—------------

ii.*** Promotions on Facebook must include the following:
a.*** A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
b.*** Acknowledgment that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
c.*** Disclosure that the participant is providing information to [disclose recipient(s) of information] and not to Facebook.
iii.*** You must not condition registration or entry upon the user taking any action using any Facebook features or functionality other than liking a Page, checking in to a Place, or connecting to your app. For example, you must not condition registration or entry upon the user liking a Wall post, or commenting or uploading a photo on a Wall.

--------------

http://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
Old 16 May 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3075207)   #1322
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Whoever runs the fb page for nzv8s needs to read the rules about competitions on Facebook, no point running a comp and paying someone to do so if it risks your page being deleted

—------------

ii.*** Promotions on Facebook must include the following:
a.*** A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
b.*** Acknowledgment that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
c.*** Disclosure that the participant is providing information to [disclose recipient(s) of information] and not to Facebook.
iii.*** You must not condition registration or entry upon the user taking any action using any Facebook features or functionality other than liking a Page, checking in to a Place, or connecting to your app. For example, you must not condition registration or entry upon the user liking a Wall post, or commenting or uploading a photo on a Wall.

--------------

http://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
Was Jono Lester mentioned before in performing this social networking?
Old 16 May 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3075492)   #1323
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I did not know that about Facebook, but then again i'm not part of it.

Sounds to me though that whoever is running the social media side of things needs to do some homework....and quickly
Old 16 May 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3075509)   #1324
harcey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I did not know that about Facebook, but then again i'm not part of it.

Sounds to me though that whoever is running the social media side of things needs to do some homework....and quickly
crikey...you guys had a good look on F/B lately....theres people breaking the so called guidelines everywhere........
Old 16 May 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3075521)   #1325
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
crikey...you guys had a good look on F/B lately....theres people breaking the so called guidelines everywhere........
Bit like speeding really, you can drive well over the speed limit and get away with it, but it only takes one flash of the red and blues and you're in trouble

FB gives you no warning either, just gone, ask Hell Pizza