Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Apr 2014, 18:49 (Ref:3392504)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Don't forget to build your soap box. Rules and regs on web site/
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3392665)   #27
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All being well I'll zip straight up the M4 Saturday evening from deepest Wales. Have the English ale ready for me :-)

If I whip the engine off the kart that'll be in the trailer will it qualify? Must check the rules!
Old 20 Apr 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3395849)   #28
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lads, I've just uploaded a short 2 minute video compilation from last years' event to help whet your appetite : http://www.motorracingdvds.com/dvd/s...festival_2013/
the DVD is still available - it's all for charity, y'know!
Old 25 Apr 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3398099)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Stop press, Velocette owners club say they will be bringing along a few motor bikes.Just need the Vespa owners club to come along now.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3398104)   #30
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCo2020 View Post

Roads have dried out massively since the weekend before.

Lagonda will be an excellent choice.
Is there a ford/water splash to negotiate?
Old 25 Apr 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3398198)   #31
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
link giving 500 - internal server error
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3398207)   #32
ProCo2020
Rookie

England
SE England
ProCo2020 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No fords on the route. The only water we encountered on the survey was as a result of all the resent flooding, I hope we've now seen the back of that.

Follow me on Twitter @bryanhull or @rallymatcher
Old 25 Apr 2014, 20:45 (Ref:3398263)   #33
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
link giving 500 - internal server error
Hi David,

Thanks for pointing that one out. I did check it - honest!

Are you using IE as a browser? Or something else?

The link (and even navigation to the page via the web site) fails for some reason if I use IE but works (90% of the time using the link, 100% so far navigating to the page) if I use Firefox - which I normally do.

Navigating to it works on both my Android (Dolphin browser) and Windows (IE of some sort) phones.

Odd. I'll send a message to my web site chap to see if he can throw any light on what is going on.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:18 (Ref:3398272)   #34
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

David,

Error 500 message.

Hmm. Would this be an IE V 11 problem?

IE 11 seems to have some new default 'privacy' protection settings - I kept getting messages from the web site about enabling cookies as well. Something I have not seen ever previously - I didn't know the message existed.

Anyway, IE allowed me to change the cookies/other settings for the URL and everything started to work in IE just as it does with Firefox et al.

I'm interested to understand whether your problem had the same cause if youy have a chance to check it out. Many thanks if you can.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3398274)   #35
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grant, I'm getting the same error using Google Chrome, Firefox and IE.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3398281)   #36
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Grant, I'm getting the same error using Google Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Hi Ian,

Hmm. That's interesting - in a disappointing way.

Could you try this link for me. Cut and paste if the direct link fails.

http://www.scene-from-above.com/web/...m?dir=3855&s=4

This was working anyway (most to of the time) in IE (always with FF) and is one level above the directory I wanted to link to directly.

It should give you a screen with 3 further options (folders) you can link to.

Does it work?

If so, can you successfully select any of the folders at the next level?

I've had a day of inexplicable failures today including our CH boiler suddenly throwing some Unidentified error codes this evening (never seen it provide one that identified anything useful), a cold water supply pipe to a tap in out cloakroom spontaneously started to leak - it's a metal protected flexi pipe as well - how does that happen and now this. Meanwhile my main task for the day was change the bath waste outlet fitting 'cos management didn't like the loss of chrome finish. (I do wonder what she has been cleaning it with ... white vinegar mostly I think). Not the easiest of jobs. Awkward but doable, though one started to wonder what was going on as these other problems cropped up!

Paranoid? Me? Nah .... not yet.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3398307)   #37
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hi David,

Thanks for pointing that one out. I did check it - honest!

Are you using IE as a browser? Or something else?.....
Win 7 and Firefox.
It works just fine now, as does your test link and 3 sub-folders.

Last edited by MGDavid; 25 Apr 2014 at 23:23. Reason: grammar didn't scan correctly...
Old 26 Apr 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3398388)   #38
ProCo2020
Rookie

England
SE England
ProCo2020 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
500 error on Safari also.

Follow me on Twitter @bryanhull or @rallymatcher
Old 26 Apr 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3398445)   #39
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Grant that direct link works. Some interesting ideas on how to negotiate a ford.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3398450)   #40
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Win 7 and Firefox.
It works just fine now, as does your test link and 3 sub-folders.
Gremlins.

I rather suspect that if we only knew what goes on deep in the interwebnetthingy we would be horrified.

That said I am still seeing errors at certain points in the drill down through the menus when using IE 11. So something's up somewhere.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3398453)   #41
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grant, I am getting Error 500 using IE 9 on Win 7 as well with the 1st link, but no problems at all with the 2nd one.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 14:26 (Ref:3398458)   #42
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Grant, I am getting Error 500 using IE 9 on Win 7 as well with the 1st link, but no problems at all with the 2nd one.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for that feedback. There seem to be some rather random events occurring.

My Firefox seems to be mostly, but not entirely, OK.

My IE installations the opposite.

Tests on phone applications seem to work.

Not all links are affected. However even browsing to the site and drilling down through the menus is not error free.

I've asked my web site chappie if there are any server logs he has access to that might point us towards what is happening.

It may be some sort of nth party security checking issue from the depths of the web that is presenting an invalid report of a dodgy certificate (or something) that then gets reported as a generic server error dependent on the routing of the connection. My man told me the story a few years back of a client email system (central to their operation) that went AWOL for a few days.

It turned out that the cause was a 'report' of a dodgy alleged spam server from a blacklist site in Germany. The IP adress lsited just happened to co-incide with a BT server that was rather central to WEB operations for many customers in Essex and East Anglia.

What no one had thought about was that the German security risk list was on a server that had been switched off for years and was totally out of date. Someone had switched it back on without considering the consequences - possibly without realising its original use and importance. Any anti spam settings that referenced the server would have been getting nothing for years when it was switched off and no one would have thought about such a sudden reintroduction of an un-monitored and out of date list.

Well, not for a few days at least - which is how long it took to stumble across the root cause of the problem.

The joys of modern life.

None of which has anything at all to do with the SR&N Motor Sport weekend. Other than, perhaps, expecting the unexpected.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3398557)   #43
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................
Old 26 Apr 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3398561)   #44
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................
Early Horlicks tonight Colin?

See Iain's note on the other thread about the need to get up in the early hours.

Still, better than a sleeping tablet eh?
Old 16 May 2014, 06:33 (Ref:3406848)   #45
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, here's the poster publicising this years show

Copies of it will be available to buy - contact Iain
Attached Thumbnails
Poster.jpg  
Old 29 May 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3412193)   #46
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New to the show this year is an Automobilia stall...

http://www.stokerow-motorsportday.co.uk/page12.html
Old 29 May 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3412386)   #47
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
With massive thanks to Andrew Kitson who has donated 4 awsum poster s. Don't forget I've got 200 years of motor sport mag to sell as well
Old 9 Jun 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3417461)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Anyone at a loose end this coming weekend be great to have your support at the show. We have over 30 entries for the tour but there is room for a late entry if anyone fancy's a run around some lovely Chiltern country side.
The Trotter van is coming as well I have just been told. Cheers Iain.
"might have to park the Reliant next to Compte's Morris Minor"
Old 9 Jun 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3417466)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck with this Iain. Wishing you and the team best of luck and great weather.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3417753)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We have over 30 entries for the tour but there is room for a late entry if anyone fancy's a run around some lovely Chiltern country side.
I'm in. On the maps this year......