Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jan 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3350275)   #51
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Does anyone know how to find out when a vehicle was manufactured? I see the historic vehicle excise licence rolls to Jan 1974 in April. My Jaguar was first registered in June 74 so in true BL tradition it may have sat in a field for a year or so before going on the road.
Isn't the exemption based on the date of first registration rather than manufacture?
Old 4 Jan 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3350291)   #52
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Isn't the exemption based on the date of first registration rather than manufacture?
no, it's manufacture.
Tim, get a Production certificate:
http://www.jaguarheritage.org/Produc...rtificate.aspx
Old 4 Jan 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3350303)   #53
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
no, it's manufacture.
Tim, get a Production certificate:
http://www.jaguarheritage.org/Produc...rtificate.aspx
I'd already checked them thanks, they have a list of chassis numbers of 1973 manufactured cars so maybe they'll update it this year. It's £42 to find a definitive date which seems a lot on the off chance it had been made 6 months earlier.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 13:32 (Ref:3350315)   #54
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry got to get this off my chest . Me and Delta son at the A M E X stadium To watch Reading v Brighton £10.00 a ticket full English at Little Chef £10.00 with black pudding , programme £2.50 . Then f ing hell £15.00 to park . W T F . We only pay a fiver to park when we go to Old Trafford
Old 4 Jan 2014, 13:38 (Ref:3350317)   #55
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sorry got to get this off my chest . Me and Delta son at the A M E X stadium To watch Reading v Brighton £10.00 a ticket full English at Little Chef £10.00 with black pudding , programme £2.50 . Then f ing hell £15.00 to park . W T F . We only pay a fiver to park when we go to Old Trafford
Not surprised as Brighton is a *very* anti-car town due to Green councillors, the same ones that are threatening to stop the annual Speed Trials running.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3350322)   #56
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmm, Green party? Wonder how much it is to park a horse and cart?
Old 4 Jan 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3350325)   #57
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
We had a rant about this very issue not long ago on tenths, we have found it easier/cheaper to park up somewhere near and catch a bus !
You think that's dear Iain I got stung for 25 quid once, never again !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jan 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3350330)   #58
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You went into a Little Chef, shame on you plus I'm surprised you could get a full English anything in there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Not surprised as Brighton is a *very* anti-car town due to Green councillors, the same ones that are threatening to stop the annual Speed Trials running.
It's not even in Brighton, It's up by the university and they only charge £2 to park, or it was when daughter was there.
Old 4 Jan 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3350345)   #59
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And to think I was on the cusp of posting yesterday to ask Delta if he was aware of the issue of parking when he let us know he was going to this match....

It's true that Brighton and Hove Council has become very anti-car since the lentil eaters took control, but then it wasn't exactly pro-car before. However on this occasion, it's not really the council's fault. The Falmer Stadium complex is partly in Brighton, and partly in Lewes, so during its long battle to get planning consent, the club had two different sets of planners to appease with their proposals to mitigate the effects of private car parking on matchdays. Many home supporters go to the game by bus, coach, or train.

When I went to the University of Sussex in the early- to mid-seventies, car parking on Campus was free, but even then, demand was close to outstripping supply. I'm afraid the wheeze of parking at UoS doesn't work, because the is a formal regime worked out between the University and the Club for paid matchday parking on the University site.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 03:39 (Ref:3350481)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Speaking of greens. Do you think that the lack of finance for flood defences might be caused by the cost of subsidising wind farms?
Old 5 Jan 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3350581)   #61
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First race of the season today and Delta valiantly struggled on with a damaged leg. He still managed just over the hour on a very difficult and hilly 10k. Well done Iain!
Attached Thumbnails
20140105_113745.jpg  
Old 5 Jan 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3350593)   #62
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Kind words but as one of marshalls shouted out as I was hobbling up that last hill. "IDIOT". !!!!. He was right as leg hurts like billio now. I think that's now 2,1 too you. Well done.
Old 6 Jan 2014, 07:23 (Ref:3350809)   #63
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oooops!

Last edited by terence; 6 Jan 2014 at 07:26. Reason: picture failed to up load
Old 6 Jan 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3350822)   #64
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Kind words but as one of marshalls shouted out as I was hobbling up that last hill. "IDIOT". !!!!. He was right as leg hurts like billio now. I think that's now 2,1 too you. Well done.
Call it 1 all Iain, yesterday wasn't an equal fight. Rematch next January? Perhaps we can attract some more Tenthers along.

I was pleased to beat Stuart though ;-)
Old 6 Jan 2014, 09:46 (Ref:3350840)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Perhaps we can attract some more Tenthers along.
So we all finish up crook just before racing season as well?
Old 6 Jan 2014, 13:32 (Ref:3350889)   #66
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So we all finish up crook just before racing season as well?

To be fair, Iain was struggling before the run
Old 6 Jan 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3350950)   #67
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

To be fair, Iain was struggling before the run
Yes, but the injury was due to training for the darn run! Silly pastime.....

Going back to Tim's vin decoding, it dawned that I had a '74 registered car that could be 'tax free' from April onwards, so I checked the build date- January 1974! Curses, foiled again. Hopefully our nice chancellor will 'roll' the date forward another year next budget.

Old 6 Jan 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3351038)   #68
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A wee bit late, too busy at work and so on, but the very best wishes to all here for the new year.
Hope to see most of you guys somewhere soon.
'Bout time too.
Iain, start boiling the kettle. (why haven't we got a tea smiley on here?)
Old 7 Jan 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3351142)   #69
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
A wee bit late, too busy at work and so on, but the very best wishes to all here for the new year.
Hope to see most of you guys somewhere soon.
'Bout time too.
Iain, start boiling the kettle. (why haven't we got a tea smiley on here?)
Eddy, be afraid, be very afraid....Iain Mike and I are coming to Spa for the 6 hours!
Old 7 Jan 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3351301)   #70
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Eddy, be afraid, be very afraid....Iain Mike and I are coming to Spa for the 6 hours!
I note a clash of dates (as usual) with Angouléme.

I also note a rather nice photo of the Volpini on the Angouléme web site. Running in the banner slideshow on the Grids page if you have not already seen it.
Old 7 Jan 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3351338)   #71
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Compte, why should I be afraid? Unless Iain expects me to do a lap of Spa running or cycling.
Now, that is a moment where I would be afraid.

I guess the 6H is the only one I'm doing at Spa, bar maybe the Classic. Otherwise it will be mainly Brands Hatch and probably Goodwood.
Old 7 Jan 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3351351)   #72
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ring isnt so far away either Eddy?
Old 9 Jan 2014, 18:14 (Ref:3352130)   #73
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's not Earl Grey http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...26#post3352126
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Jan 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3352139)   #74
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
No it isn't Terry, but after living and working so many years in Germany I can do a while without them.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3352204)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Alf venderson Eddy
Closed Thread