Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jan 2008, 19:37 (Ref:2111437)   #76
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Certainly not !!!
Old 22 Jan 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2111513)   #77
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
anyone looked at an F1 car lately!
My thoughts exactly, it looks very much like an F1 rear wing. Have they been getting adivce?
Old 22 Jan 2008, 21:49 (Ref:2111546)   #78
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Sharp to join Highcroft (with new sponsorship) http://www.planetlemans.com/2008/01/...-to-join-team/
Old 23 Jan 2008, 00:28 (Ref:2111671)   #79
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This cut-out lets the air escape more easily. I've read it creates vortices and "energizes the airflow".

The rest of the body seems standard, which certainly won't be enough to catch up with Porsche. Let's hope the rest of the bodykit is coming up.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 01:49 (Ref:2111698)   #80
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix
The rest of the body seems standard, which certainly won't be enough to catch up with Porsche.
From what I have been able to gather, last years AX-01a was heavier than the Spyder (by at least 40/50kg). IMSA has implemented an increase of 25Kg to the minimum weight for LMP2 cars (half of the ACO implemented 50Kg). Which means Porsche will have to add weight to its cars, while Acura only has to shift around half of what it needed to this time last year. These changes seem much more in favour of the Acura than the Porsche, while still playing to Audi's whims of only LMP1's being able to go for the overall win.

That is of course not that I'm saying the Spyder won't be faster, but with the rule changes in places, Acura (and Audi as a result of) has more to gain from them.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 09:24 (Ref:2112490)   #81
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/news.html has an analysis of the new aerodynamics.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2112630)   #82
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/news.html has an analysis of the new aerodynamics.
Great pictures. Makes one drool over these cars.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 13:35 (Ref:2112646)   #83
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Paper towel for AU N EGL...
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:20 (Ref:2112744)   #84
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well since I have not seen it yet. During a broadcast from the NEC with N.Damon, Bruce Jones and S.Collins, I heard Sam state that with Ross Brawn taking over the Honda F-1 top dog position that the Acura Sports Car program had a very high likelyhood of being killed as it interfered with the struggling F-1 program! Now to my knowledge of how it breaks down the Sports Car program is a product of HPD which is a subsidiary of Honda Cars N.America and is conducted wholely in the States.(?) So how would it interfere with the F-1 program based out of Brackley Northhamptonshire?

L.P.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2112780)   #85
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Well since I have not seen it yet. During a broadcast from the NEC with N.Damon, Bruce Jones and S.Collins, I heard Sam state that with Ross Brawn taking over the Honda F-1 top dog position that the Acura Sports Car program had a very high likelyhood of being killed as it interfered with the struggling F-1 program! Now to my knowledge of how it breaks down the Sports Car program is a product of HPD which is a subsidiary of Honda Cars N.America and is conducted wholely in the States.(?) So how would it interfere with the F-1 program based out of Brackley Northhamptonshire?

L.P.
They need someone to blame for their poor results in F1... But indeed it makes no sense to kill a NA project because of F1.
Old 24 Jan 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2112975)   #86
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should kill the F1 project and focus on Lemans. It costs less by a factor of a lot and they already have a completive car. No, but really, the teams have nothing in common with each other. I see Honda ending their IRL program before they end their ALMS effort.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 07:29 (Ref:2114504)   #87
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroehl
They should kill the F1 project and focus on Lemans
Exactly ..... now your talkin !!!
Old 27 Jan 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2114607)   #88
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Exactly ..... now your talkin !!!
Yeah but it will probably be the other way round. Look at Toyota. Too big a loss of face. Put even more money into the failures in the hope of an improvement.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 17:39 (Ref:2116451)   #89
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well with the addition of a 4th Acura ARX-01b being fielded by Gil de Ferran and his ties to Honda, ex- F1 Sporting Director, I believe that the sentiment put forth about the demise of the Acura Sports Car program is probably misplaced. I do not see Gil wasting his and Honda's effort in fielding a team if it where truly being axed!

Future looks pretty bright at the moment!!

L.P.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2116463)   #90
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder if De Ferrans team is earmarked as one of the expected P1 factory teams in '09, seeing as he was the F1 team boss, and is setting up a team from scratch.

Seems a big hassle just to compete for class wins (longer term).
Old 17 Mar 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2155059)   #91
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Is the Robert Clarke interview at endurance-info.com in December (here if you don't remember) still the last information about the "P1 in 2009" plan? Any paddock rumours recently?
Old 18 Mar 2008, 13:04 (Ref:2155599)   #92
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
At Sebring, the LMP1 rumor was brought up when de Ferran was interviewed.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2156378)   #93
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rumour I heard mentioned on the coverage was that Robert Clarke was going to be working with De Ferran on the P1 project.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2173981)   #94
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
I know it is a little dated but here is an interview with Nick Wirth on the ARX-01b and a mention of the P-1. link

L.P.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 18:12 (Ref:2174028)   #95
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm happy that the race chassis now have ID plates on them...
Old 9 Apr 2008, 18:20 (Ref:2174041)   #96
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
I'm happy that the race chassis now have ID plates on them...
So do you suppose that there are three -01a's sitting around that could be sold?

L.P.
Old 10 Apr 2008, 01:31 (Ref:2174222)   #97
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
If not more...
Old 10 Apr 2008, 02:33 (Ref:2174234)   #98
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For some reason I was under the impression that they were using the same tubs as last year but upgraded everything else.

If not, how many Courage's did they buy?
Old 10 Apr 2008, 02:36 (Ref:2174236)   #99
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
New tubs for this year. No idea how many they have.
Old 11 Apr 2008, 01:55 (Ref:2174945)   #100
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
If Acura goes P1 (which seems like pretty sure thing), do you think it will do Le Mans? It's totally American brand. Of course winning 24 Le Mans would have meaning in US too, but Acura has no value regarding European market... unless it's somehow rebadged as Honda - but then it's not an Acura anymore. Obviously would be pity if there's new maker in P1 and then it wouldn't do 24 LM. :|