Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Feb 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3205230)   #3151
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Hyundai?
Appreciating this is proper speculation, it is worth thinking about Hyundai's refusal to allow Austech to homologate the Genesis as a GTE / GT3 car. I immediately thought that was an indication that Hyundai explicitly did not want to be associated with a sportscar programme, but another interpretation is that they don't want a dilution of how people see Hyundai motorsport activity, especially if there's some degree of interest in ACO style racing.

Not going to hold my breath on this one, and suspect the real answer is Porsche, but who wouldn't appreciate the arrival of an extra factory?
Old 15 Feb 2013, 10:54 (Ref:3205244)   #3152
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jani was being rumoured for Porsche before GG said anything so I think it's Porsche.

Hoping and praying for a fourth manufacturer but with Hyundai canning U.S racing programmes to join the WRC I don't think they are realistic.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3205301)   #3153
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Appreciating this is proper speculation, it is worth thinking about Hyundai's refusal to allow Austech to homologate the Genesis as a GTE / GT3 car. I immediately thought that was an indication that Hyundai explicitly did not want to be associated with a sportscar programme, but another interpretation is that they don't want a dilution of how people see Hyundai motorsport activity, especially if there's some degree of interest in ACO style racing.

Not going to hold my breath on this one, and suspect the real answer is Porsche, but who wouldn't appreciate the arrival of an extra factory?
I had the same thoughts on Hyundai, that they may be working on a GT3 of their own.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3205329)   #3154
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect it may be Porsche as there is a BMW Sauber link in his past.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3205414)   #3155
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just to clarify:
I just mentioned Hyundai, because of the old MulsanneCorner news about a Hyundai IP-adress had looked at Mike's site quite often, and based on that, a lot of rumors appeared about a Hyundai LMP .

I have NO believe in Hyundai LM program. I actually think Peugeot will be at Le Mans before Hyundai.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3205423)   #3156
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Sorry DP.
DPs... will be at Le Mans before either Hyundai or Peugeot...
Old 16 Feb 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3205676)   #3157
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Lotterer was racing for Toyota in SGT before he went to Audi in LM/WEC. So a big switch isn't unthinkable. Loic Duval also ran in SuperGT and is now with Audi.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 06:09 (Ref:3205729)   #3158
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Kobayashi signed on for AF Corse?
Quote:
"It is understood by AUTOSPORT that 26-year-old Kobayashi has already signed or is close to signing to join Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella and Andrea Bertolini on Ferrari's roster of factory sportscar drivers."
Old 16 Feb 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3205757)   #3159
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Lotterer was racing for Toyota in SGT before he went to Audi in LM/WEC. So a big switch isn't unthinkable. Loic Duval also ran in SuperGT and is now with Audi.
I think he does FNippon with a toyota-engined car as well
Old 16 Feb 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3206009)   #3160
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
"It is understood by AUTOSPORT that 26-year-old Kobayashi has already signed or is close to signing to join Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarlo Fisichella and Andrea Bertolini on Ferrari's roster of factory sportscar drivers."
Is Olivier Beretta out of Ferrari works or just from the AF Corse team?
Old 17 Feb 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3206028)   #3161
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I have no concrete info on this, but I think the other 3 mentioned are WEC-committed (as would be Kobayashi), and Beretta is going to be running ALMS with Risi.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 00:36 (Ref:3206033)   #3162
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I think he's still a works Ferrari team just not with AF Corse this year-could be for one or two races but not fulltime WEC like he was last year. It looks like Risi ALMS is his main concern this year.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3206056)   #3163
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I think he's still a works Ferrari team just not with AF Corse this year-could be for one or two races but not fulltime WEC like he was last year. It looks like Risi ALMS is his main concern this year.
He's a Ferrari factory driver and teams just purchase his services for their programme. Same deal with Matt Griffin.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3206224)   #3164
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I once had two 60-something, dull next-door neighbours who were very grumpy whenever I used to kick my footballs over the fence. They both drove Hyundais. For me, Hyundai isn't a manufacturer which would get my pulse rate going anyway. I'd much rather see Pecarolo or WR return.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 20:13 (Ref:3206328)   #3165
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd rather see Hyundai enter with Pescarolo running things.

Dreaming aside, I don't think sportscar racing is in a position to turn away any manufacturer interest. I don't see why any fan would want to either. I don't care who it is. Improve your brand and reputation through racing.
Old 17 Feb 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3206379)   #3166
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I once had two 60-something, dull next-door neighbours who were very grumpy whenever I used to kick my footballs over the fence. They both drove Hyundais. For me, Hyundai isn't a manufacturer which would get my pulse rate going anyway. I'd much rather see Pecarolo or WR return.
+1 Besides their cars would definitely have the most over the top in your face fugly styling. With all the beer at Le Mans imagine all the vomiting... yuck.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3206480)   #3167
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
How about these models?

Moreover: they pulled out of all of those. Perhaps they are planning a Daytona and Sebring attack in 2014?
Old 18 Feb 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3206483)   #3168
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love that pikes peak car, so many great LMP and early 90's prototype cues!
Old 18 Feb 2013, 03:21 (Ref:3206517)   #3169
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe if you had been a better footballer, they wouldn't have been so grumpy, no matter what they drove.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3206632)   #3170
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like dome is building lmp1/2 cars for 2014. reveal in three months
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-15933.html
Old 18 Feb 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3206694)   #3171
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-taking-shape/

Common GT rules coming and being shaped by (and for the benefit of) all parties involved in GT racing (FIA, ACO, Ratel, GrandALMS and the manufacturers)? Yes please.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3206700)   #3172
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
How about these models?

Moreover: they pulled out of all of those. Perhaps they are planning a Daytona and Sebring attack in 2014?
I think I would have remembered those if they were parked on the neighbours' drive!

No doubt Hyundai have dabbled with the fast and furious world of motorsport a few times, but still, for me and many others sporting pedigree is not what springs to mind when you hear the word "Hyundai".
Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3206715)   #3173
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So because they haven't been known to you as a sporting manufacturer they are now doomed to only make econoboxes and boring family cars?? And people wonder why I am getting burned out with the attitude of a lot of sports car people; 'we found this sport first and we know it better so let us make the rules.' Sorry but NO fan of anything is in a position to decide XXX can't or shouldn't be allowed in because they haven't been there before. This sport isn't and probably won't ever be big enough to turn anyway ANY interest, especially from a group like Hyundai who have been quietly building fast cars for whatever interested them. And to say they have dabbled in the fast and furious world is just utter uninformed BS, Pike's Peak which they have run multiple times is not a proper hillclimb-type event?? Through Kia they have run in the Koni challenge (ST class) the last few years with the Forte Koup and believe won an event in their class in 2011. But then actually looking at a manufacturer's history would be so difficult over just panning any involvement by them with just a dismissive wave.
Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:13 (Ref:3206716)   #3174
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
First photo of a 50% Lotus T128 wind tunnel model in 2014 LMP1 spec:

http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/..._13021803.html

The article is heavily stressing that Lotus is working towards LMP1 in 2014, LMP2 this year seems to be a mere preparation exercise. They want to start testing the 2014 car as soon as possible.

LMP1 looking awesome for 2014: Audi, Toyota, Porsche, Lotus, HPD, Oak...good stuff
Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3206735)   #3175
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
So because they haven't been known to you as a sporting manufacturer they are now doomed to only make econoboxes and boring family cars?? And people wonder why I am getting burned out with the attitude of a lot of sports car people; 'we found this sport first and we know it better so let us make the rules.' Sorry but NO fan of anything is in a position to decide XXX can't or shouldn't be allowed in because they haven't been there before. This sport isn't and probably won't ever be big enough to turn anyway ANY interest, especially from a group like Hyundai who have been quietly building fast cars for whatever interested them. And to say they have dabbled in the fast and furious world is just utter uninformed BS, Pike's Peak which they have run multiple times is not a proper hillclimb-type event?? Through Kia they have run in the Koni challenge (ST class) the last few years with the Forte Koup and believe won an event in their class in 2011. But then actually looking at a manufacturer's history would be so difficult over just panning any involvement by them with just a dismissive wave.
You've put an awful lot of words in to my mouth (or words onto my keyboard) that I've not said. All I've said it, I wouldn't be excited about Hyundai coming to Le Mans. Am I not allowed to say this?

It's completely and utterly fair to say Hyundia does not have the sporting pedigree of, say, Ferrari. And it's not a classic name. But I've never said I'd reject them. I'm not in the ACO, how could I? I'm fully aware that Hyundai has a motorsport presence, but so does pretty much every manufacturer that size and Hyundai's is hardly a glowing one.

It just won't get me excited. Personally speaking, I'd much rather watch a race of privateers or no prototypes at all than have Opel and Hyundai at the front of the field, for example, with Porsches, Ferraris and Astons in the secondary class.

I agree a fan can't decide who or what races (apart from voting with their feet and wallet), but every fan surely has the right to express an opinion.