Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Jun 2011, 07:13 (Ref:2904595)   #226
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
It will struggle to stay on the straights then!
Old 23 Jun 2011, 07:14 (Ref:2904596)   #227
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Have you heard the latest rumour Mal that the new Oreca will run on Pineau des Charentes........?

Keeps the engine nice and warm!
Old 23 Jun 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2904603)   #228
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It will struggle to stay on the straights then!
It has a 1 out of 7 chance of being extremely good around corners though.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2904810)   #229
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Viper may return.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92528
Old 23 Jun 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2904947)   #230
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Viper may return.
I think that would be pretty big especially if they and Corvette have factory teams in the ALMS. The WEC, obviously, would be nice as well. I think the old Viper vs. Corvette GTS battles brought a lot of people back to sports car racing after the fall of the GTPs. Anyway, it would be great if Oreca got commissioned again.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2904957)   #231
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Corvette vs. Viper(if viper comes to GT2)
Porsche vs .Ferrari
BMW(if BMW stays in GT2) vs. Mercedes(if mercedes does GT2)

You can;t script better than that
Old 23 Jun 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2904992)   #232
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota might get into the mix with an LFA, and you also have a possible McLaren MP4, Aston Martin may up their game, Lotus as well... how many makes is that? 8, 9 possible?
Old 24 Jun 2011, 06:48 (Ref:2905067)   #233
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Well , that is good news , their showing interest again .
Old 24 Jun 2011, 07:12 (Ref:2905079)   #234
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
PorscheCurves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good times for GTE racing. Possabillity of 8 or 9 competitive cars racing in 1 championship. If only GT1 was this good......
Old 24 Jun 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2905104)   #235
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tokai University to return at Zhuhai this year with an electric/gas recovery hybrid Courage LC70?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-7512.html
Old 24 Jun 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2905186)   #236
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
FIA World GTs should be better than GTE if the new rules get properly sorted...
Current GT1s, upgraded GT3s, and some GT2s via a slightly obscure route.
Whatever, there are LOTS of cars that would qualify to race, and it should keep the cost down...
Old 24 Jun 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2905190)   #237
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
FIA World GTs should be better than GTE if the new rules get properly sorted...
Current GT1s, upgraded GT3s, and some GT2s via a slightly obscure route.
Whatever, there are LOTS of cars that would qualify to race, and it should keep the cost down...
it would not be better. there is no manuf involvement.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2905214)   #238
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
it would not be better. there is no manuf involvement.
Agree.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2905216)   #239
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
they are gonna have such a hard time with BoP that there is no way they are gonna succed. one car or two will always be ahead because of BoP.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2909294)   #240
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
DSC suggests there is a small manufacturer about to announce LMP1 plans and at least one more large manufacturer beyond Toyota in advanced discussions over an entry.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2909296)   #241
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DSC are also hinting at a very big (name?) change at audi.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2909308)   #242
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
I read that and wasn't sure if it meant - driver, branding, partner (Joest) or something else.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 12:59 (Ref:2909311)   #243
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
DSC suggests there is a small manufacturer about to announce LMP1 plans and at least one more large manufacturer beyond Toyota in advanced discussions over an entry.
I wonder who the small one is. Mazda? They are pretty big. As far as large in addition to Toyota, Nissan would be the logical guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_nl View Post
Probably the Wurz to Audi rumor that RLM was floating around this morning.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2909312)   #244
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So much going on behind the scenes. I wish I was one of those in the know. But then again it's nice to get a surprise.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:02 (Ref:2909316)   #245
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So much going on behind the scenes. I wish I was one of those in the know. But then again it's nice to get a surprise.
Agree very much. But i'd like to be in the know everyonce in a while. Im hoping that's what my future holds.....
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2909319)   #246
AGD
Veteran

I wonder if Lotus could be interested. They seem to be everywhere else these days.

Of course, if so many companies come in at once, there is a serious question about this being another boom and bust stage for sports cars, but even if it is, I guess we'll have to sit back and enjoy what happens.
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2909321)   #247
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I wonder if Lotus could be interested. They seem to be everywhere else these days.

Of course, if so many companies come in at once, there is a serious question about this being another boom and bust stage for sports cars, but even if it is, I guess we'll have to sit back and enjoy what happens.
Good as the Audi / Pug battle is we haven't had a full boom with more than 2 major manufacturers battling it out since the Heyday of the original GT1 in the late 90's. With the advent of 24 hour sprint races courtesy of Audi then such a situation in the future could be awesome
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2909322)   #248
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

IMO the big one could only be BMW, they will not enter F1 in 2014 so... Sportscar is the way for them, i repeat that is just my opinion...

The little one is Nissan or Mazda. well they are not so little but...
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:23 (Ref:2909333)   #249
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Is Renault a small manufacturer? I don;t think Renault is interested in the F1 V6 engines........They wanted the I4.....
Old 1 Jul 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2909335)   #250
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Good as the Audi / Pug battle is we haven't had a full boom with more than 2 major manufacturers battling it out since the Heyday of the original GT1 in the late 90's. With the advent of 24 hour sprint races courtesy of Audi then such a situation in the future could be awesome
My concern is if a lot of companies come in at once, it will be hard for all of them to guess what the cost of competing will be. That, of course, leads to busts. On the other hand, maybe the popularity will justify the expense. Nobody knows what will happen until things actually happen. Either way, I'll sit back and enjoy things. People may not realize it, but we are seeing some amazing racing even with just Audi and Peugeot. We may not realize it yet, but the Audi vs. Peugeot battle on the track is really something legendary. Hopefully things will only get better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
IMO the big one could only be BMW, they will not enter F1 in 2014 so... Sportscar is the way for them, i repeat that is just my opinion...

The little one is Nissan or Mazda. well they are not so little but...
I don't know, I would think that Nissan is bigger than BMW. Maybe not. They're both pretty big. Renault (Nissan's parent) is pretty darn big.