Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Jun 2004, 17:40 (Ref:1011088)   #1
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
croft - rallyx

update buckmater at croft --- 1st heat problems with tracking on car and header tank split , 2nd heat 1 1/2 laps and suspect minium of a head gasket or worse its gone pop good news was tracking got rectifeid , with drew from meeting , please note the car is only a 1600cc 8v 130bhp not a 2.0litre 300 bhp !!!!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1011661)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Sorry to hear you've got problems with the car, do you think it'll be sorted for Pembrey or is that not an option?
Old 22 Jun 2004, 15:43 (Ref:1012237)   #3
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
hopefully will be back at lydden on the 11th july its a tunbridge well motor club meeting , nice and cheep and should be a laugh but i also know that my good mate phil collard is hopeing to be there with a revamp on his ka oops sorry phil have a let the cat out of the bag !!! should be interesting !!!!!!!!1 say no more
Old 23 Jun 2004, 07:36 (Ref:1012930)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'll be there watching that one, I'm at Lydden the previous day too for the SEMSEC meeting so it's a busy weekend! Hopefully there'll be a good turnout for that meeting even if it is only a week before the Pembrey round - I guess there are some people who are only doing the BTRDA rounds anyway?

What the news with Phil Collards Ka? Last time I saw it was at Lydden on Easter Monday - if I remember correctly it left in a bit of a sorry state (I think one of the rear wheels had collapsed?). The Ka went really well in the winter rounds so any improvement should have it snapping at the heels of the frontrunners.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:04 (Ref:1013526)   #5
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
sorry bert cant say to much about phils ka, he been dogged with gearbox problems and at lydden the stub axle broke hopefull if things work out he should be there with a new gearbox !!! (fingers crossed) but i think the word fettling would be a good word to use to the rest of it . think the winter rounds where it done so well dave mountune was driving it ,,, well he built the engine, i am positive when this car is fully sorted he will be there i know how phil is commited to it. and maybe if things go ok he prove it at lydden ......hang on should i not be praising how well i am going to do !!!! lol
Old 23 Jun 2004, 17:17 (Ref:1013617)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Dave was driving it really well in the winter rounds, the entry may not have been that high but the racing was certainly close!
Attached Thumbnails
ka.jpg  
Old 23 Jun 2004, 17:25 (Ref:1013629)   #7
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BertMK2
I look forward to hearing from you about Lydden.
I have already psted this on the marshals bit but I will say it again. A BIG THANK YOU all for your hard work on Sunday. Without you it would not have run ass well as it did. A big pat on the back to all MARSHALS
Old 24 Jun 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1014282)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Hopefully the BTRDA round on the 11th will provide a good afternoons racing, I just hope that the entry is good and the weather is somewhat better than the winter rounds (at one point you couldn't see Chessons from the top of hairy hill!)
Old 24 Jun 2004, 16:17 (Ref:1014763)   #9
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
i never done the winter rounds after the brands hatch round i rolled my nova at the end of the main grand stand straight hence why i only just come back lack of dosh and all work done by myself family and friends to repair it . but i do like racing at lydden just hope the track is sorted it looked very rough and had a lot of craters in it at the last meeting there
Old 25 Jun 2004, 07:58 (Ref:1015623)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Now you mention it I remember that roll, it went over relatively slowly didn't it? Was there a lot of damage done to the car? We were in the grandstand at the end of the pit straight at that point so we got quite a good view of the roll. Bellerby's Nova was quite impressive on the brakes at the end of the straight - it lifted the rear wheels off the deck every time!

The Lydden loose section at paddock seemed to have cut up quite badly at the Easter meeting, the cars were taking off going through there and it certainly looked like it needed some work doing to it before it was used again. Hopefully it'll have been sorted out by the 11th.
Old 25 Jun 2004, 14:44 (Ref:1015954)   #11
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
was a good picture of my roll in fast ford magazine , needed a new roof , and pillars was a nightmare getting a roof ended up with a roof with a sunroof , still jobs done and it dont look to bad ,, just dont look to close, i beet bellerby's then i done all 4 !!!