Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Mar 2002, 18:07 (Ref:237641)   #1
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McNish

Anyone else reckon he did a good job today? Qualified 19th after using the T-car, stayed out of trouble for lap 1, and quickly overtook plenty of cars up to 6th only to be let down by a botched pit stop...unlucky to miss out on points though
Old 17 Mar 2002, 18:14 (Ref:237650)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A very good job indeed, I'd say. Bearing in mind that it was, to all intents and purposes, his first GP (after the debacle at Melbourne). I was really disappointed when he slipped to 7th. It would have been fantastic to see him finish with a point.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 18:18 (Ref:237651)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was impressed. Toyota are also doing alot better than expected, in fact they are even rivalling Ferrari.... in botched pit stops that is!!!

I thought he drove a good race and surely it won't be long before he notches up some points.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 19:43 (Ref:237739)   #4
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah Toyota seem to be doing well Hope they keep it up
A real shame for McNish and the elusive tyre...

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 19:45 (Ref:237742)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, he did very well and proved that he deserves his drive.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 01:18 (Ref:237981)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With that drive, I think McNish demonstrated why he is in Toyota
Old 18 Mar 2002, 01:36 (Ref:237991)   #7
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan drove a beautiful race. If Toyota can get the car right, he will be ok.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 05:50 (Ref:238110)   #8
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota are looking good, imagine what they'll be like next year
Old 18 Mar 2002, 06:30 (Ref:238117)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toyota are looking bloody competitive, and both Salo and McNish have impressed in the races so far.

Allan was very unlucky not to score a point in Malaysia. He was in the top 10 for most of the race, kept a cool head and, most importantly, kept in on the black stuff all race. Only a daft pitstop by Toyota (pulling a Ferrari!) cost him a point.

But, by the looks of it, both Toyota drivers will score points this year.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 07:11 (Ref:238132)   #10
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McNish is doing great and we can well do with another scottish accent in driver interviews

Last edited by Carla O; 18 Mar 2002 at 07:13.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 07:25 (Ref:238136)   #11
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remembered lotsa ppl in here says that Toyota is wastin their time hiring McNish....being a rookie (in actual race), we have to give him time to familiarize with the situation. If he has what it takes...he will certainly show his true potential eventually. Mika looked rather silly isn't it to have spun while trying to overtake Webber in Melbourne.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 10:19 (Ref:238215)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I ran Toyota and McnIsh down - and now feel the need to back-pedal! To finish that race at all is a considerable achievement for the team and driver - so well done to them. Toyota are making several teams look average - very professional. Jag, BAR, Jordan - get it together!
Old 18 Mar 2002, 13:31 (Ref:238360)   #13
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Toyota pit-crew

Here is some advice for Allan McNish's pitstops in Brazil and subsequent races:

When the car comes in for a tyre change and the tyres have been removed, please note that you need to put one replacement tyre back on each corner of the car!

Yours sincerely

Suzy (who is cheering for McNish and has done so ever since 1990).
Old 18 Mar 2002, 13:39 (Ref:238366)   #14
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He is doing extremely well considering he's had to learn the tracks so far.. I believe we'll see his true form when the F1 circus goes to the European races. No doubt he'll know a lot of the circuits from his Sports car races.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 13:59 (Ref:238385)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheers Alan !!

And Toyota, what a big surprise. Now get the pit-crew more training ! What about a Monday-to-Sunday/8 hour per day programme ? They'll be just fit.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 15:43 (Ref:238451)   #16
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How old is he anyhow ?? Thirty something I suspect. Just shows ta goya that experience (and horsepower) beats youthfull exuberience ANY day. I'll betca a beer that he gives Mika a run before too long.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 16:12 (Ref:238468)   #17
stevie.murray
Rookie

stevie.murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
31 Alan is this year.Toyota,mika and Alan have vasts amount of experience in motorsport.very good combination.Larkhall was on the edge of thier seats..a prediction?top 5place inthe drivers championship for alan(i might be a wee bit biased here..what do you expect from ascotsman from Larkhall)Mika.mmm??I don't think he's ever been consistant in F1 in my opinion.. 7th and 12th after Mika's 5th in australia.has any other F1 team achived a result like this in thier first year?(modern times though)
Old 18 Mar 2002, 20:30 (Ref:238676)   #18
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well there was Wolf, back in the 70s they won their first race and came 2nd in the WDC with Scheckter.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 21:03 (Ref:238723)   #19
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly, I'm shocked by Toyota's performance. Before the first race I thought there'd be no chance of Toyota breaking into the top 10. How wrong I was. I'm glad though because its nice to have new blood show the others how its done.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 21:38 (Ref:238759)   #20
stevie.murray
Rookie

stevie.murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they've proved thier reliability, consistancy should'nt be a problem with the drivers.Ithink both have shown us that! and when the power and speed of the cars improve as the season progresses the rest better be watching thier mirrors!!...
Old 19 Mar 2002, 01:15 (Ref:238886)   #21
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
No suprise in due time they'll be the better team compared to the Honda powered teams
Old 19 Mar 2002, 17:24 (Ref:239425)   #22
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
No suprise in due time they'll be the better team compared to the Honda powered teams
They already are aren't they?
Old 19 Mar 2002, 17:28 (Ref:239431)   #23
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt there's a single person at either Honda team who is enjoying themselves right now. Wall-to-wall hard luck and upheaval for Jordan and BAR respectively, compared to some very impressive stuff from Toyota.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 17:52 (Ref:239452)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a shame for a brand that dominated F1 in the 80's.

Even Renault who shared the late 80's and early 90's domination are better than Honda this 2 first races.
Old 20 Mar 2002, 01:31 (Ref:239816)   #25
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho

They already are aren't they?
If only they had not taken Salo in...JV would be a far better choice. Salo was a real flop when he drove for Sauber and a bigger embarassment with his ambitious manouvre which caused him to spun after trying to overtake the rookie Webber in Melbourne. Although he is considered experienced, still he went off his racing line