Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Feb 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1525801)   #201
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, you can be right... but he is out of GP2 market? Garcia and Parente? Can you remember any other names, Stranger?
Old 18 Feb 2006, 17:58 (Ref:1525804)   #202
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parente, Garcia, Dirani. But drivers like Salignon, Van Lagen, d'Ambrosio are also without contract.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1525816)   #203
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think this is going to be the championship to watch, there seems to be a heck of a lot of decent drivers lurking around at just about gp2 level that have missed out, as stranger says...
Old 18 Feb 2006, 18:56 (Ref:1525839)   #204
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It didn't do Kubica much harm last year, either.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1525884)   #205
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert Kubica is fascinating. Dropped by RDD, but still managed to pick up the pieces, against say...Salignon.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1525892)   #206
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Russfeld, i know i am biased and whilst i appreciate Kubica did a stirling job last year Salignon will do just fine, other than a shaky season in brit F3 he has been fast, very good in euro F3 and would probably have finished runner up if not for the road car crash, took a while to get going last year but i am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt as no one knows how much the crash shook him up and in the second half of the season he was always in the top half dozen, if he can sort out a seat for this year he will definately be in the shake up for the title.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1525897)   #207
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
says the man waving the salignon flag in his banner

let's not get into a toy-throwing session about this, title or not at this stage in the game a driver should really be under the "wing" of a f1 team if that's where he's heading. if he's trying to make a career out of not being a f1 driver he'd be best trying to go somewhere that doesn't charge him quite so much to race rather than having to fork out so extensively every year...

are renault trying to turn this into a junior gp2?
Old 18 Feb 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1525917)   #208
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i don't see WSR as anything majorly exciting - whilst it does have a good few, talented up and coming drivers - there are quite a few not so good with no chance (but same old story, have the backing). if it was me, WSR wouldn't be the place i'd be looking....

and bella - think you may be right there.
Old 18 Feb 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1525943)   #209
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think it's very much a good place to look. it's a better place to look than gp2, perhaps. that script's already been written. this one's going to be very interesting on the grounds that the better drivers are the ones who are in this in their first year. they've had perhaps a lot less testing than they should have done.

god, i really hate the renault steamroller, but at the moment it's completely unrivalled in this particular area in europe. this is a very dire state of affairs.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 23:43 (Ref:1526589)   #210
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rossiter will walk it.
Old 19 Feb 2006, 23:55 (Ref:1526596)   #211
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
be interesting to see who else confirms...there's still a fair few seats floating around
Old 20 Feb 2006, 04:09 (Ref:1526669)   #212
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
rossiter will walk it.
not really on paper, quite probably in theory, in reality i think it depends which particular ball his eye is on (if you'll excuse the expression) and whether anything very important depends on it. the end of last season was so pants results-wise that it would take some serious reassessment for anyone to get over that.
i'm not sure people like di grassi (is he still on the list?) or parente represent a decent enough threat, but i don't think it's fair to write off ben hanley on any grounds.

is there any form of test ban with this series?
Old 20 Feb 2006, 07:07 (Ref:1526712)   #213
Russfeld
Veteran

There's a built in one. You can only test on certain days. WsbR is GP2esque. A few batches of pre-season tests and then a very long summer.

Di Grassi is still RDD and Durango-GP2. Or did you mean Dirani?
Old 20 Feb 2006, 13:34 (Ref:1527029)   #214
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i meant di grassi, but i've lost the plot with who's going where. dirani will do instead, but unless he's found a big chunk of sanity over the winter, i can't see him having the consistency. on his day he's great, otherwise he's not.

anyone else i can handbag while i'm feeling venemous?
Old 21 Feb 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1527892)   #215
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prema completed their lineup. They've signed Christian Montanari to race alongside Greg Franchi.
Old 21 Feb 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1528404)   #216
pimbopap
Rookie

pimbopap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
rossiter will walk it.
.....I bet a virtual beer he will not!
Old 22 Feb 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1529173)   #217
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the currency of bets on this forum is actually the eating of a virtual (or non virtual) hat. any agreements for a virtual beer must be made in addition to the consuming of the hat
Old 22 Feb 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1529190)   #218
Russfeld
Veteran

It must be a fuzzy hat, preferably old
Old 22 Feb 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1529276)   #219
pimbopap
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
the currency of bets on this forum is actually the eating of a virtual (or non virtual) hat. any agreements for a virtual beer must be made in addition to the consuming of the hat
OK for the hat, but I like to join the beer epsecially 'cause I like to think at it as an english one that I don't have the chance to taste more than a few times a year..............
Old 22 Feb 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1529280)   #220
pimbopap
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella

is there any form of test ban with this series?

This year there are 3 two days sessions before the season:

barcelona, le mans and nurburgring; the teams have 2 engine hours before the first race and another two during the season.

On four meetings there will be thursday testing probably like two two hours sessions.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1530944)   #221
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Just read that RC have filled their seats with Jouanny and Tedeschi, can any of you guys confirm this?
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1530977)   #222
pimbopap
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
Just read that RC have filled their seats with Jouanny and Tedeschi, can any of you guys confirm this?

Correct it is official...............not official but on Italiaracing: Kane and Valsecchi at Epsilon.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 22:34 (Ref:1530986)   #223
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Thats bad news for Salignon, i thought RC was his best bet for a seat, fingers crossed for something else then.
Old 24 Feb 2006, 23:46 (Ref:1531019)   #224
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
And rumours have it that Saulnier will not participate in the 2006 championship. They haven't tested yet and might look at endurance racing.
Old 25 Feb 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1531286)   #225
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk
Italiaracing.net are now reporting that Borja Garcia has signed to partner Jouanny at RC Motorsport; it sounds like Tedeschi will step down and spend the season gaining testing experience with an old World Series Dallara (if my translation is correct).