Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Jun 2004, 17:49 (Ref:1012394)   #1
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ALMS Mid Ohio - Live!

Shameless piece of self promotion here...
this news just in...

Thanks for all your support at Le Mans

John H

It's a new look and sound for Motors TV as they intend to broadcast live flag- to flag coverage of the ALMS Mid Ohio event. It's the first time A European audience will have hjad the cahnce to see a full 2 hours and 45 mins of ALMS action 'live'. As a bonus for the viewers to the channel, Motors TV will further add to the atmosphere by featuring the on-site ALMS Radio commentary as their play -by play throughout the whole of their English langauge broadcast of the Mid Ohio race. This mirrors the use of Radio le Mans for the last two 24 hour races by Speed TV. Their 'insomniacs coverage' has proved to be a big hit with fans.

Although the ALMS Radio coverage has been used by local radio staions in the US and in in segments by Speed TV this will be the first time that a major TV brodcaster has completely turned over their airwaves to the the ALMS Team.

For Mid Ohio the team will consist of Graham Tyler in the pits, with Jim Martyn and John Hindhaugh in the booth. All three are just back from duty as part of Radio Le Mans at the recent 24 Hours in France. Hindhaugh has already done duty with Motors TV on AMA Motorcycles, Busch Series and of course LMES Monza 1000K. There's more good news for Sportscar fans as Motors will also be showing live coverage of the Saturday Evening LMES race from Nurburgring. After their successful debut at Monza the Franchitti/Hindhaugh pairing is retained for commenatary.

Meanwhile back at the ALMS Mid Ohio - as ever there will be live Radio coverage of Qualifying on Saturday at www.americanlemans.com

Fans in Europe as well as in the USA are encouraged to contact the studio with comments, questions and observations prior to and during the broadcast. The address is radioweb@americanlemans.com
For more details of the TV schedule go to www.Motorstv.com
Old 22 Jun 2004, 18:01 (Ref:1012403)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
A warm welcome to the site, John, appreciate your work on RLM and elsewhere! I really think I need to get myself this Motors TV business don't I!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 18:03 (Ref:1012404)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome.

I'd noticed that on DCS earlier today. FANTASTIC! I'll 'be there'.

EDIT: Ah, blast, I'll be at Donington for the GTs. Any chance of moving Mid Ohio so it starts after I get back?

EDIT 2: It does (if I get a move on). Hmmm, I must think about these things first before replying...

Last edited by Adam43; 22 Jun 2004 at 18:07.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 18:08 (Ref:1012407)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome aborad John, keep work on the Radio Web, essintal listening for any sportscar racing fan IMO. I for will be tuned in Sunday once I am back from Donington.

Last edited by rdjones; 22 Jun 2004 at 18:16.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 18:10 (Ref:1012409)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Already been on the Motors TV website thanking them for getting the RLM/ALMS commentary, complementing ther great live coverage.

Good to hear about the LMES commentary as well. I'm still holding out hope for LMES Radio next season!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1012478)   #6
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WhooHoo - brilliant news - Thanks John!

Now I need to get some blank videos ready as I'm at Donington this weekend and even more distressing have an unavoiable family commitment while the Nurburgring race is on!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 19:34 (Ref:1012493)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Hi John, am I the only one who read his post, and it sounded in my head like he was actually talking? Keep up the good work.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 20:01 (Ref:1012528)   #8
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats special, you guys get more coverage than us in the states!! Over here its being shown in 2hrs on CBS...
Old 24 Jun 2004, 05:19 (Ref:1014146)   #9
CorvetteC6R
Rookie

CorvetteC6R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah doesn't that suck?!?! Oh well! We do get to listen to it on Radio!!! So its all good!
Old 24 Jun 2004, 06:19 (Ref:1014172)   #10
klb
Rookie

United States
Alexandria, VA USA
klb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CBS is more expensive that SpeedTV, thats why its only 2 hours instead of 3. ALMS has a time buy thing with CBS.

The upside is more eyeballs have an opportunity to see the best sportscar series in the USA. Hopefully the ratings will be decent and advertising revenue will cover costs.

Last edited by klb; 24 Jun 2004 at 06:21.
Old 24 Jun 2004, 14:32 (Ref:1014647)   #11
eyeiser
Rookie

eyeiser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be at Mid Ohio in person this weekend. Heading up after work this evening in the RV. A wonderful track.

I do however find it frustrating to watch the races on CBS. I understand the financials of it all, but the coverage is terrible.

Anyway, off to enjoy a fabulous weekend of racing soon.

Enjoy the race!
Old 29 Jun 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1019880)   #12
hindy
Racer

hindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhindy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for all the kind word and hopefully despite some slight technical issues with phone lines you all enjoyed the coverage.

please support motors by mailling them or posting on their forum, I know that Fred Viger the Programme Controller reads and actions the feedback.

LMES on SATURDAY evening LIVE from Nurburgring.... please tune in...
Old 29 Jun 2004, 13:34 (Ref:1020130)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Shame on me, i forgot to congratulate John !

Still time to do it : John, we enjoy your comments in France too (as we've no french coverage) !

For MotorsTV forum, I tried to post, but it's far too slow to use it properly... Anyway, Fred Viger paid a visit here for Monza's race, that we greatly appreciated !

Roll on RLM ! an mates, stay tuned !
Old 29 Jun 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1020155)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done John and colleagues, good job.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 18:20 (Ref:1020416)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent coverage -- I was at Mid Ohio and enjoyed it very much. I recall in 2002 that we heard nothing except how B.J. Zacharias (a local Ohio boy) was doing in the race!
Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1021431)   #16
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Have to agree. Great coverage!!
Already looking forward to the next race
Old 30 Jun 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1021551)   #17
hindy
Racer

Liz;

particular thanks for your comments, please make sure that you - and any like minded friends - let the track and the ALMS know as it is not always easy to get the venues to understand how important it is for the fans at the track to have access to the same quality of coverage and programmes that they get at home.

again thanks

JH
Old 6 Aug 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2936516)   #18
cor123
Rookie

cor123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least those of us in the US who do not get ESPN3 nor are allowed to view the live stream on ALMS.com can at least listen to Hindy on RLM. Wish we could watch it live though.