Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jun 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3256236)   #326
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
The old man can still kick ass !
My girlfriend agrees with you...
Old 4 Jun 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3257485)   #327
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think Hamilton will be the faster car at Canada. We shall see.
Old 4 Jun 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3257767)   #328
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Yes indeed. We can breathe a collective sigh of relief now that it has been confirmed that Michael Schumacher was actually fast after all
Yeah, there's always been a question mark hasn't there?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 02:36 (Ref:3257860)   #329
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
are any of these guys slow?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3257929)   #330
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis certainly has to solve his braking issues as he's not far off Nico in terms of pace. Once he finds his groove I think we'll see a very close battle between these two. I've always rated Nico and its good to see him come of age finally. This is definitely the best car Mercedes have produced so far and radically different from the struggles of last year. They just need to solve the tyre eating issues and with Hamilton still settling in to the team I think there is still an element of transition in the new partnership. When the issues are solved I think the rest of the grid will be very wary as this appears to be the strongest pairing by far.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 14:21 (Ref:3258530)   #331
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
They just need to solve the tyre eating issues...........
They seem to have been working on that problem quite recently, by all accounts.

They've been trying to solve this issue since Button and Barrichello left the team. Perhaps it's a good idea to have continuity with at least one of your drivers?
Old 7 Jun 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3258845)   #332
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
They seem to have been working on that problem quite recently, by all accounts.

They've been trying to solve this issue since Button and Barrichello left the team. Perhaps it's a good idea to have continuity with at least one of your drivers?
Well hopefully they've made some significant ground. It has been a problem since Button was with the team but Jenson had tyre issues at McLaren while Lewis didn't. I'm hoping Nico and Lewis being more aggressive drivers but good tyre managers will provide the input the team need in good time. The car appears to have the one lap pace but struggles to maintain speed over more than three laps when against the opposition at the start of the race. This is a complex issue of course, but with slightly modified tyres for Canada, I hope we are finally seeing steps forward.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3260209)   #333
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well they are still not quick enough in race trim. Monaco was unique in that respect for them.

Hamilton still doesn't seem totally comfortable on the brakes, so I was surprised he did so well at Montreal really. Alonso just gobbled him up once he got near him though.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3260248)   #334
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Well they are still not quick enough in race trim. Monaco was unique in that respect for them.

Hamilton still doesn't seem totally comfortable on the brakes, so I was surprised he did so well at Montreal really. Alonso just gobbled him up once he got near him though.
Got to feel for Ham, so long doing a great job only to get nipped a few laps from home. Nice to see him give his old friend a couple of 'friendly' taps!!
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:51 (Ref:3260255)   #335
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good racing! Watching those two guys race reminds me why I still love motorsport.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3260324)   #336
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I was surprised Hamilton didn't come back at the Spaniard a bit more. The two DRS zones made overtaking more than achievable.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3260364)   #337
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He did a good job. Degradation (and maybe Sutil too) costed him that second place.
While Alonso and Webber were trading fastest laps chasing him he couldn't do anything about it. I remember around lap 45-50 he pitted and was about 0.8 slower than Alonso with new tyres, probably managing them so he could defend from him later. But it was useless, Ferrari's pace was just terrific in the last stint.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3275804)   #338
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was 13 years ago when Lewis and Nico were also team mates but not quite as famous as today. The entry for this race reads like a who's who of today's contemporary motor sport elite... oh and it's a fantastic one too. Enjoy !

2000 Karting World Cup from Japan.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3275870)   #339
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting how Nico raced under the Finn flag. I always wondered why he made the switch to the German flag. Yes I know his mom is German, but still...
Old 9 Jul 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3275875)   #340
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Interesting how Nico raced under the Finn flag. I always wondered why he made the switch to the German flag. Yes I know his mom is German, but still...
Nico was born in Germany too remember.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3275920)   #341
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Nico was born in Germany too remember.
Exactly.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3284245)   #342
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first half of the season is over. Nico appears to have fallen off the cliff and Hamilton has surged. The pendulum has swung the other way. Will Rosberg get it together or will the team focus on Hamilton? Rosberg hasn't been much of a match lately. Even though his car blew up in Hungary, he blew his opening lap.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3284256)   #343
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The first half of the season is over. Nico appears to have fallen off the cliff and Hamilton has surged. The pendulum has swung the other way. Will Rosberg get it together or will the team focus on Hamilton? Rosberg hasn't been much of a match lately. Even though his car blew up in Hungary, he blew his opening lap.
To be continued.
Old 31 Jul 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3284362)   #344
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Outside of his two wins, Rosberg has scored 34 points in 8 races. Phenomenal stuff.
Old 3 Nov 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3326573)   #345
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
What's the score?
Old 3 Nov 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3326609)   #346
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Nico could overhaul Lewis at this rate.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 06:31 (Ref:3326860)   #347
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
What's the score?
Nico 159 Lewis 175

Closing up a bit, but Lewis still has a lead!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 06:41 (Ref:3326864)   #348
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg impressed this year IMO.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3326884)   #349
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Nico does overhaul Lewis' points total. He's had more pace throughout the season, with a mid-season blip not being his fault, and without the car breaking on him at Hungary and Australia he'd already be ahead in the points.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 08:35 (Ref:3326887)   #350
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I thought Hamilton was pretty average this weekend, Rosberg, the opposite!

Settling in periods and inconsistent cars accepted, Lewis has struggled in general this season I think with only flashes of the Lewis we came to expect in his first few seasons in F1.