Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Apr 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3397520)   #451
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post

I recall the TV announcers mentioning maybe no DRS. I didn't see it work but don't know.
That would certainly make his race a very impressive effort!
Old 24 Apr 2014, 04:25 (Ref:3397553)   #452
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I saw on the TV, Rosberg clearly had DRS, for the full distance of the race.

We are talking of the same race aren't we? China 2014??
Old 25 Apr 2014, 02:40 (Ref:3397965)   #453
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Rosberg at 4 points in the lead......move over Lewis!

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/merce...s-stance-96681
Old 25 Apr 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3398090)   #454
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
From what I saw on the TV, Rosberg clearly had DRS, for the full distance of the race.

We are talking of the same race aren't we? China 2014??

I watched after the question came up but they didn't show any situation where it would have been activated then so I had no conclusion. Glad it was working because highest top speed even without would be truly scary.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3398115)   #455
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post

No chance - the two Mercs will be long gone this season before anyone gets a real sniff of 'closing the gap'......
Old 25 Apr 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3398147)   #456
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post

Where does it say that, I think I must have missed it?
Old 25 Apr 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3398150)   #457
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just going by the title....not the article itself. Team orders are in favour of who is leading the points.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3398167)   #458
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if i was a team boss i would try to place the priority on the driver i gave the biggest contract too.

that said they need to come to some sort of arraignment soon imo. squabbling between the two drivers, in the absence of anything more exciting the media will play up the internal battle until it explodes, may tarnish the glory the board hopes to receive (and capitalize on) this year.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 06:00 (Ref:3398360)   #459
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if i was a team boss i would try to place the priority on the driver i gave the biggest contract too.

that said they need to come to some sort of arraignment soon imo. squabbling between the two drivers, in the absence of anything more exciting the media will play up the internal battle until it explodes, may tarnish the glory the board hopes to receive (and capitalize on) this year.
Be a bit sad if the 2nd driver decides to take the rest of the year off!
Old 27 Apr 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3398924)   #460
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Rosberg doesn't beat Hamilton soon in a straight fight, I fear he's doing to turn into DC to Hamilton's Hakkinen.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3399613)   #461
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
That's clearly not going to work at Red Bull this year!
Old 1 May 2014, 22:15 (Ref:3400542)   #462
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Rosberg is the better driver, Hamilton sooks too much.
Old 3 May 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3401534)   #463
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Rosberg is the better driver, Hamilton sooks too much.
Convincing argument, imaginatively put........
Old 3 May 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3401546)   #464
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I guess we'll all buy that one......... (whatever a 'sook' is)
Old 4 May 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3401673)   #465
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it something to do with crying ???
Old 4 May 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3401812)   #466
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, I guess we'll all buy that one......... (whatever a 'sook' is)
sook = sulky / crybaby
Old 4 May 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3401839)   #467
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah right. Still makes no sense to me. I doubt that Lewis is crying much right now......
Old 4 May 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3401881)   #468
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah right. Still makes no sense to me. I doubt that Lewis is crying much right now......
Crying or not, Lewis doesn't want anymore close battles with Nico.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113773
Old 6 May 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3402956)   #469
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Crying or not, Lewis doesn't want anymore close battles with Nico.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113773
Sounds like a sensible approach. Make sure you are far enough ahead you don't have to fight for most of the race...

Also sounds feasible.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 20 May 2014, 13:36 (Ref:3408250)   #470
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though after Malaysia and Spain, it is starting to look like Hamilton is the stronger McLaren driver, I think Rosberg is still very much in the WDC game. Just look at the points after Spanish GP:

Hamilton: 100
Rosberg: 97

Why so close? Because Hamilton retired in the first race. If Rosberg continues running as a close second and pounces whenever Hamilton's car breaks, he could keep up with Hamilton in points without winning the majority of races. This was just a thought. Of course, it's still a long shot.
Old 20 May 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3408382)   #471
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis Hamilton drives for Mercedes ... :- )
Old 21 May 2014, 00:17 (Ref:3408443)   #472
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
I wouldn't give up on Rosberg just yet.
Old 21 May 2014, 00:33 (Ref:3408446)   #473
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Lewis Hamilton drives for Mercedes ... :- )
Most likely a slight oversight and probably a case of the wrong pit box.
Old 22 May 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3408898)   #474
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis was asked what his preferred finish order would be for Sunday's Monaco GP. He replied Him first, Alonso second and Vettel third.

No Rosberg in second. No Rosberg in third. Doesn't think Rosberg is a formidable opponent then.
Old 22 May 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3408901)   #475
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or perhaps he *does* think that Rosberg is a formidable opponent, and is playing mind games.

Or maybe he doesn't care.

Or he and Rosberg have had a massive cat fight.

We'll probably never know. What we do know is that he said what he said, rather than knowing what he didn't say.