Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Apr 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3232623)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Can you believe I am actually going to this!

My Dad bless him bought tickets for Sunday ( I only ever go on qually days in the past) so I now have to sit through an endurance race with me Dad!

I will try my hardest of course for his sake, but will be amazed if he doesn't get bored after 3 hours!

Let's hope a pair of bins, and SIlverstone Radio keep it entertaining!!

It doesnt mean I will ever go to Le Mans but for those that know my thoughs on it this is rather embarassing!
I can't pretend that I'm not amused......

Hell, you can pretend you've watched a quarter of Le Mans - and have no reason to be embarrassed.......
Old 11 Apr 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3232626)   #77
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Can you believe I am actually going to this!

My Dad bless him bought tickets for Sunday ( I only ever go on qually days in the past) so I now have to sit through an endurance race with me Dad!

I will try my hardest of course for his sake, but will be amazed if he doesn't get bored after 3 hours!

Let's hope a pair of bins, and SIlverstone Radio keep it entertaining!!

It doesnt mean I will ever go to Le Mans but for those that know my thoughs on it this is rather embarassing!

You could always take in the sights of wonderful Northamptonshire if you get bored. They even have a golf course!
Old 11 Apr 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3232628)   #78
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You don't go to an endurance race and sit in the same seat for 6 hours, this is not formula 1, get off your backside and walk the circuit during the race, watch a while from all the stands that our open, talk to people and see everything, once you do this you will just have time to sort out le mans tickets
Old 11 Apr 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3232631)   #79
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You don't go to an endurance race and sit in the same seat for 6 hours, this is not formula 1, get off your backside and walk the circuit during the race, watch a while from all the stands that our open, talk to people and see everything, once you do this you will just have time to sort out le mans tickets
During my last Le Mans visit I think I lost a waste size, that is one fun place to walk around.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3232634)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sure is!
Old 11 Apr 2013, 18:47 (Ref:3232638)   #81
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
That is half the attraction of an endurance race, there simply isn't the time or the space to wander round the track at an F1 race.

The other half of the attraction of endurance racing is the much nicer cars!
Old 11 Apr 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3232668)   #82
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
We can do this game for hours
  • lap 69: Audi #1 1:24.275 vs Toyota #7 1:26.420
  • lap 71: Audi #1 1:24.390 vs Toyota #7 1:26.285
  • lap 73: Audi #1 1:24.918 vs Toyota #7 1:26.246
  • lap 77: Audi #1 1:24.541 vs Toyota #7 1:26.399
  • lap 80: Audi #1 1:24.675 vs Toyota #7 1:25.800
  • lap 83: Audi #1 1:24.618 vs Toyota #7 1:27.684
  • lap 92: Audi #1 1:25.298 vs Toyota #7 1:27.390
  • lap 101: Audi #1 1:25.498 vs Toyota #7 1:28.104
At that stage Fassler and Wurz were both on their first stint on new tyres.
You have the data as well as I, and you can see that Toyota were clearly a lot faster, sometimes more than a second, in clear laps and in traffic. THAT is my point I am not here to play games or spread lies. Toyota's car was able to go further into the stint and keep their tires better and consistency in lap times than Audi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
Right, but TF110 talks as if Toyota was an hummer for Audi! This is not properly true!
"an hummer"? What is that? I said what I said and I stand by what I said. People taking it at their own liberty twisting it to mean something like they were always faster than Audi by a second is wrong. That's not what I said.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3232680)   #83
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to the season starting. And yes, Sebring does seem like a long time ago for me too. I'll be getting up early Sunday to watch at there's 8 hours diff for us West Coasters.

P.S. Enjoying the Audi vs. Toyota lap time debate.
Old 11 Apr 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3232710)   #84
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Any practice session being aired or televised?
Old 11 Apr 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3232714)   #85
Livininthinair
Veteran

United States
Colorado
Livininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLivininthinair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^^^^^^^
I don't think there was any coverage for practice or qualifying in WEC last year - unless I missed it, dam last season seems like years ago.

I too will be getting up early Sunday - I think 6:00 AM green flag time for me (U.S. Mountain time zone) if my math is correct...
Old 11 Apr 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3232729)   #86
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livininthinair View Post
^^^^^^^^
I don't think there was any coverage for practice or qualifying in WEC last year - unless I missed it, dam last season seems like years ago.
The official stream was on for some qualifyings last year.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 03:20 (Ref:3232775)   #87
TF110
Veteran

United States
I know they show qualifying on the wec site. I was hoping to see the practice sessions too.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 03:36 (Ref:3232780)   #88
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How are you going to watch it pdxracefan?
Old 12 Apr 2013, 06:16 (Ref:3232811)   #89
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of info here on broadcast options:

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/fia-we...omes_1017.html
Old 12 Apr 2013, 06:18 (Ref:3232812)   #90
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
You have the data as well as I, and you can see that Toyota were clearly a lot faster, sometimes more than a second, in clear laps and in traffic. THAT is my point I am not here to play games or spread lies. Toyota's car was able to go further into the stint and keep their tires better and consistency in lap times than Audi.

"an hummer"? What is that? I said what I said and I stand by what I said. People taking it at their own liberty twisting it to mean something like they were always faster than Audi by a second is wrong. That's not what I said.
When you say 2013 Audi R18 will gain 1" over the 2012 one, and so to be as fast as Toyota was in 2012, and then you say Toyota has improved the car and so will be 1" or so, faster than Audi again... it's implicit in what you say Toyota is an hummer for poor Audi.
You're saying it is clearly faster than Audi, and Audi is not capable to recover the gap!
The same thing Peugeot supporters said in the last years (but the real gap was fairly higher than one mere second...).
Then, Audi has always won in Le Mans except in 2009, while Peugeot... where Peugeot is now???
Anyway, I think Toyota is a very, very good car, and will really face Audi as in Le Mans, as well in WEC. It'll be a real show for all of us, waiting for 2014 and the return of the Queen of Le Mans.
Toyota lost its great chances in Le Mans in 1994 and 1998, both times against Porsche. Next year there will be Porsche, as well as Audi on the starting grid, facing Toyota.
Game will be hard for each of them, and the show will be greatest for us!

Last edited by Dario911; 12 Apr 2013 at 06:31.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 12 Apr 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3232824)   #91
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Lots of info here on broadcast options:

http://www.fiawec.com/en/news/fia-we...omes_1017.html
"In Europe the race will be shown live and in its entirety by channels Eurosport International and Eurosport 2"

Ehm? Do they count the Eurosport Player as a part "Eurosport International"? You think it would mean the Int version of Eurosport "1".

The schedule [International] says 30+60+60 mins:

http://tv.eurosport.com/tvschedule.shtml

Or maybe the schedule is just all wrong, that wouldn't be untypical.

Last edited by deggis; 12 Apr 2013 at 07:21.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3232826)   #92
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post

Supported by Ten-Tenths, The Nismo WEC and ELMS Spotter Guide for Silverstone is now online to download. Two separate guides

Download (both) guides at http://www.spotterguides.com/2013-wec/

(Guides will be updated prior to each event in 2013, thanks to Nissan)

Any mistakes, please PM me or send me a mail.

Thanks everyone for their support and to Nissan who are supporting the WEC, ELMS and Le Mans guides this year.
Printed.

Thanks for these
Old 12 Apr 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3232841)   #93
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, you have to walk the track if you go. We did it last year when it was reasonably warm.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 10:09 (Ref:3232871)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post

P.S. Enjoying the Audi vs. Toyota lap time debate.
Really?

As always, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.....
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3232908)   #95
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Excuse my ignorance but who exactly owns 'TUDOR' and why is it everywhere on the WEC website and timing instead of the usual Rolex branding we've been used to?

Has Rolex left the series? Does Rolex own Tudor, since I know they own a lot of watch brands that are not in their name.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3232913)   #96
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Excuse my ignorance but who exactly owns 'TUDOR' and why is it everywhere on the WEC website and timing instead of the usual Rolex branding we've been used to?

Has Rolex left the series? Does Rolex own Tudor, since I know they own a lot of watch brands that are not in their name.
Rolex is now partner of uncle Bernie and his formula 1 monkeys circus.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3232915)   #97
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was also wondering about Rolex at Le Mans given the F1 tie-up. Surely the famous clock isn't going to disappear?
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3232916)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Tudor was owned by Rolex and used by them to sell more watches without diluting the rolex brand, Tudor watches still retain an automatic movement rather than a 10p quartz movement used in some brand watches
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3232917)   #99
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post

Looks like Tudor is indeed a watch brand which is owned by Rolex.
Old 12 Apr 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3232920)   #100
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not a good start to the year for Aston.

Full engine change on the #97 before it's even turned a wheel. Spotted something they didn't like.