Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 14 Aug 2002, 18:14 (Ref:357832)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
United Colors of Benetton

Here's another painting I did a while back.
It is Berger's 1986 Benetton BMW. When I saw it, with all those paint brush marks on the engine cover and sidepods, I thought it is crying out to be painted!
I sold it to the guy who was running the New York office of Benetton Formula for Flavio. It was 20 x 14ins.
In '91 I was at the Phoenix GP with this chap from New York. Benetton by then were sponsored by Camel and Berger was driving for Marlboro McLaren. My customer and friend was in his team gear, Camel logos etc. and wanted to have Berger sign the painting but dare not enter the Marlboro motorhome in his 'Camel' uniform. I therefore took it with a black marker pen and asked Gerhard to sign it. He took the painting from me and did so. Trouble was, the signature started at the bottom left hand corner and ended at the top right....right over the car! 'Well...he did sign it' was all I could say!
The guy still has it and has got used to the car being obliterated by Gerhard's autograph!
Attached Thumbnails
ben86.jpg  
Old 15 Aug 2002, 16:21 (Ref:358431)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as per usual, another great painting! esp the engine cover- nice one
Old 15 Aug 2002, 18:11 (Ref:358519)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheers Down FOrce!
Old 15 Aug 2002, 19:51 (Ref:358594)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic picture. I have liked the 1986 Benetton, ever since I saw a picture of it in Autosport.
Old 15 Aug 2002, 20:12 (Ref:358613)   #5
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
...and the car was designed by Rory Byrne of course, the designer of possibly the most effective F1 car of all time - this years Ferrari.
Old 15 Aug 2002, 20:51 (Ref:358667)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Cool painting Andrew! Can't wait to see what you come up with for John. Any idea how long that one'll take ?
Old 15 Aug 2002, 21:03 (Ref:358688)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Should be about another month. Cheers Craig.
Old 15 Aug 2002, 21:06 (Ref:358692)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent!

Just been looking at some of the other paintings you've posted here and I'm impressed! Keep posting please