Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2657510)   #1076
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Seems like if that is really what happened, and certainly the project looks mis-managed, when you get high up and garner world wide publicity and scrutiny, you pretty much have soiled your nest.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 23:21 (Ref:2657517)   #1077
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Seems like if that is really what happened, and certainly the project looks mis-managed, when you get high up and garner world wide publicity and scrutiny, you pretty much have soiled your nest.
There is so much obscurity and so many unanswered questions about USF1's failure, that Ken Anderson can always spin it. Wait for the dust to settle, give it a couple of years and he could be offering his services to some fledgling outfit from the middle east, with no racing experience.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 23:39 (Ref:2657530)   #1078
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
So Ken Anderson is a boffin not a con man is he. Someone please answer the question who knows the answer, otherwise we can play at this until the cows come home..

Same for Peter Windsor.. We just do not know what happened do we, apart from it did not happen and they are not here or there? were are they? I do not know...Do you!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 00:02 (Ref:2657539)   #1079
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
So Ken Anderson is a boffin not a con man is he. Someone please answer the question who knows the answer, otherwise we can play at this until the cows come home..

Same for Peter Windsor.. We just do not know what happened do we, apart from it did not happen and they are not here or there? were are they? I do not know...Do you!
Those are good questions and are questions that should be answered by the FIA; they were quick enough to deal with Flavio.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2657555)   #1080
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
So Ken Anderson is a boffin not a con man is he.
I am not sure he really is a 'boffin,' I think the con man side managed to convince some people he was.

He certainly should have known their position when he was luring Lopez, or more truthfully Lopez' money.

The whole thing saddens me because I had hopes for the team long ago, and I loved the idea of seeing the inner workings, the design development, the construction, but there was none of that. In the end there really wasn't much of anything.

That is in no way meant to take away from the guys (and gals if applicable) in the shop who put their efforts in, and I hope things sort themselves out for those people.

I am hoping that Anderson doesn't find some other position in motorsport.

If books come out of this I will buy them, but not if penned by Anderson, and probably not if penned by Windsor.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2657933)   #1081
DanShenise
Racer

United States
Atlanta, via St. Pete Beach
DanShenise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boffin means something like smart, technical person. I think its from a Harry Potter novel or something.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2657988)   #1082
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShenise View Post
Boffin means something like smart, technical person. I think its from a Harry Potter novel or something.
It was a slang term for a scientist used, by the British military during WW II.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2659843)   #1083
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone noticed anything missing? Such as postings by disgruntled former USF1 employees?

I was expecting the net to be flooded with them after the way the employees were keelhauled. Not even a followup from CompositeKen.

Very odd.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2659844)   #1084
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*looks high and low for cone-of-silence smiley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Fudd
Be vewy, vewy quiet.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2659925)   #1085
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post
Has anyone noticed anything missing? Such as postings by disgruntled former USF1 employees?

I was expecting the net to be flooded with them after the way the employees were keelhauled. Not even a followup from CompositeKen.

Very odd.
Perhaps they will appear later, either when they've been paid or when they know for sure they're not going to be. I think I'd be inclined to keep my mouth shut until then.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2659947)   #1086
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post

Very odd.
Did they have any employees other than the two who were running the team?
Old 25 Mar 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2659955)   #1087
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl View Post
Did they have any employees other than the two who were running the team?
There's that promotional video they did with Composite Ken giving a guided tour of the premises and there are some people at their computers, working on aspect the car's design.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 17:41 (Ref:2659965)   #1088
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
There's that promotional video they did with Composite Ken giving a guided tour of the premises and there are some people at their computers, working on aspect the car's design.
A few people have found new work. One of the guys in the video was Ken Anderson's son though, I believe.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2659985)   #1089
Joe M-Sport
Rookie

Sweden
USA
Joe M-Sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Chief Designer at USF1 was Ken Andersons son!.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2659989)   #1090
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M-Sport View Post
The Chief Designer at USF1 was Ken Andersons son!.
You cannot be serious?
Old 25 Mar 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2660036)   #1091
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think there were maybe 60 people there at one time, not all may have been W-2 employees.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2660089)   #1092
Mr.Jingles
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading, Berkshire
Mr.Jingles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You cannot be serious?
Believe it - Jason Anderson, Nepotism beneficiary. Although technically he's the "design director":

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=358574
Old 25 Mar 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2660094)   #1093
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Design director is somewhat different from Chief Designer, either way it's still nepotism.
Old 25 Mar 2010, 21:27 (Ref:2660096)   #1094
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Perhaps they will appear later, either when they've been paid or when they know for sure they're not going to be. I think I'd be inclined to keep my mouth shut until then.
Hmmmm... good point. Hadn't thought of that.
Old 26 Mar 2010, 02:28 (Ref:2660206)   #1095
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kinda funny to read about Virgin's need to redesign their tub.

That's the kind of oversight that others might have made.

Spoke to one of the USF1 guys who was previously interviewed on camera: he's got a new gig, and mentioned others who had not yet been as fortunate. He gave no sense that there would be any "let's get the band back together" phonecalls in the future for he and his mates.
Old 26 Mar 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2660373)   #1096
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's just sad...
Old 26 May 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2698811)   #1097
Chasemm18
Rookie

Chasemm18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the fact of the matter is sir, that YOU and I were not there during this whole situation, so we don't know what really happened, only Ken, Peter, Parris and the rest of the US F1 team that were there every day in Charlotte working to get this team off the ground know what really happened, and your meeting Parris Mullins once at a race track, however long ago, doesn't give you the right to resort imature name calling, I'd like to think your ability to articulate your feelings and opinions can be done in a more intelligent manner
Old 26 May 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2698861)   #1098
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pardon?
Old 26 May 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2698883)   #1099
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasemm18 View Post
the fact of the matter is sir, that YOU and I were not there during this whole situation, so we don't know what really happened, only Ken, Peter, Parris and the rest of the US F1 team that were there every day in Charlotte working to get this team off the ground know what really happened, and your meeting Parris Mullins once at a race track, however long ago, doesn't give you the right to resort imature name calling, I'd like to think your ability to articulate your feelings and opinions can be done in a more intelligent manner
The fact no former employee of USF1 has come forward to say what actually went on, would suggest they didn't know either, or they've been effectively silenced. The one thing that is definite about USF1 is that it met the same fate as the Falcon IndyCar project, which was also under the auspices of Cuddly Ken; he seems to have a bit of a record.
Old 27 May 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2699220)   #1100
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Pardon?
Hell of a first post, huh?
Closed Thread