Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Nov 2003, 19:53 (Ref:796364)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
DTM TV coverage?

Does anyone know which channel the DTM will be shown on in 2004?
It used to be shown on channel 4 some time ago.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 20:19 (Ref:796390)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I read in Autosport that it might be live on Sky next year
Old 27 Nov 2003, 21:20 (Ref:796440)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still on Motors TV live I think - last I heard!
Old 27 Nov 2003, 21:22 (Ref:796444)   #4
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the last races were live on sky i think
Old 27 Nov 2003, 22:11 (Ref:796473)   #5
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year it was only live on Motors.
Motors are also showing it live next year.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 08:53 (Ref:796838)   #6
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually its been live on German TV since the 80s.I have been watching it since 1990 by satellite.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 09:06 (Ref:796850)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Highlights of 2003 season are appearing on Motors TV this coming weekend
Old 28 Nov 2003, 17:16 (Ref:797281)   #8
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be gutted if it goes to Sky and not still on Motors! Don't want to pay so much for Sky Sports, when the only motorsport you get it BSB live and usually Formula Nippon on World Motorsport!!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 19:04 (Ref:797390)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
And what if you can't get Motors TV?
Old 28 Nov 2003, 19:18 (Ref:797400)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ATF
I'll be gutted if it goes to Sky and not still on Motors! Don't want to pay so much for Sky Sports, when the only motorsport you get it BSB live and usually Formula Nippon on World Motorsport!!
Wrong, Sky Sports also get LIVE coverage of the IRL. Oh and by the way, Sky Sports "World motorsports" also gives Euro F3 and Euro Boss 1hr slots for each and every round as well as Formula Nippon. Sky are pretty good I think.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 28 Nov 2003 at 19:20.
Old 28 Nov 2003, 22:09 (Ref:797544)   #11
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
And what if you can't get Motors TV?
Motors TV is a free-to-air channel so even without a Sky subscription, you can recieve it with just a dish and a sky box.

Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Wrong, Sky Sports also get LIVE coverage of the IRL. Oh and by the way, Sky Sports "World motorsports" also gives Euro F3 and Euro Boss 1hr slots for each and every round as well as Formula Nippon. Sky are pretty good I think.
OK sorry, forgot about IRL - don't know why cos I always watch that too! But for the price of the Sky Sports channels, it doesn't seem worth it for so little motorsport and so much football!
Old 28 Nov 2003, 22:58 (Ref:797589)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Can you get Motors TV on Digi Cable (Telewest)?
Old 28 Nov 2003, 23:54 (Ref:797627)   #13
HJS
Rookie

HJS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DTM is broadcasted live on:
ARD /ZDF (DLD)
Motors TV (SAT/DIGITAL)
SBS 6 (NL)
Galaxie TV (CZ)
TV Sport Rumania (RO)
Sky Sport (GB)

This will probably be the same in 2004 (maybe SBS 6 won't broadcast it because they have claimed the rights for the F1-races which costed them a fortune).
Old 29 Nov 2003, 01:18 (Ref:797736)   #14
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like Motors will be the only live DTM we get in the UK next year as Donnington has been dropped!
Old 29 Nov 2003, 22:46 (Ref:798479)   #15
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
Actually its been live on German TV since the 80s.I have been watching it since 1990 by satellite.
So have I.
I was talking about UK TV coverage.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 09:52 (Ref:799002)   #16
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sceptic
This year it was only live on Motors.
Motors are also showing it live next year.
If this is the case its unlikely that Sky would also show it.Anyone that can get Sky also gets Motors TV.Unlikely to be on British terestial TV as they currently don't show any BRITISH racing live! As to the cost of the Sky subscription,I strongly object to paying the TV licence for a service that shows NO sport that I am interested in watching.The Donington DTM must be the only sport held in the UK which you could only watch with a German comentary?
Old 30 Nov 2003, 10:52 (Ref:799090)   #17
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
If this is the case its unlikely that Sky would also show it.Anyone that can get Sky also gets Motors TV.

I don't believe Sky Sports will show DTM. I think there was a translation error somewhere, with someone assuming that because you can watch Motors through Sky, that it was part of Sky Sports.

Quote:

Unlikely to be on British terestial TV as they currently don't show any BRITISH racing live!

Next year the BTCC will be live on ITV. The BBC have shown live British Superbikes.

Quote:

The Donington DTM must be the only sport held in the UK which you could only watch with a German comentary?
This year you could have watched it on Motors TV with Carlton Kirby and Tim Harvey. Next year it won't be a problem any more.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 11:13 (Ref:799114)   #18
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Quote:
Next year the BTCC will be live on ITV. The BBC have shown live British Superbikes.[/B]
When did the BBC show live British Superbikes? I know they showed some WSBK rounds live last year. What's the BSB deal for the BBC next year?
Old 30 Nov 2003, 11:27 (Ref:799126)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont think the BSB was shown LIVE at all on the BBC this year, because Sky Sports had (or have?) the contract to show LIVE BSB at the moment. I watched all the BSB this year LIVE on Sky Sports and I honestly dont remember seeing any LIVE coverage of the BSB on terrestial. There were highlights however on the BBC in the evenings.

ATF - I too am wondering about who has the BSB contract for 2004, hopefully Sky Sports have got the coverage though, they did a great job this year showing all but 1 round LIVE all season, as well as the Yamaha R6 Cup and Supersport championships. The BBC dont deserve the BSB if u ask me, remember how bad, and little there 2002 coverage was? At least sky show it all, and barring 1 round, all LIVE. Id expect the BSB deal to be the same for 2004 as it was for 2003. Delayed Highlights, same applies to Moto GP and WSBK.

As far as WSBK is concerned I think Eurosport again have the contract for the LIVE coverage. But we are getting off topic.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 30 Nov 2003 at 11:28.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 15:01 (Ref:799284)   #20
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:

I don't believe Sky Sports will show DTM. I think there was a translation error somewhere, with someone assuming that because you can watch Motors through Sky, that it was part of Sky Sports.

[/b]
Next year the BTCC will be live on ITV. The BBC have shown live British Superbikes.

This year you could have watched it on Motors TV with Carlton Kirby and Tim Harvey. Next year it won't be a problem any more. [/B]
yes,I meant before last year,septic. If BTCC going to ITV means Motors TV looses it, that is BAD news as there are more ad breaks on ITV. Last time ITV showed any motor racing other than F1,was the Birmingham Superprix.Don't think C4 or C5 have ever shown any live. Not really interested in bikes,so don't keep records.This is a motorsport forum-motorcycling is a different sport,like soccer is not rugby.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 15:38 (Ref:799302)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
yes,I meant before last year,septic. If BTCC going to ITV means Motors TV looses it, that is BAD news as there are more ad breaks on ITV. Last time ITV showed any motor racing other than F1,was the Birmingham Superprix.Don't think C4 or C5 have ever shown any live.
Wrong, Channel 4 showed LIVE coverage of Round 14 of the WRC, Rally GB 2003.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 30 Nov 2003 at 15:39.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 15:56 (Ref:799314)   #22
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
yes,I meant before last year,septic. If BTCC going to ITV means Motors TV looses it, that is BAD news as there are more ad breaks on ITV.
No, Motors is going to show it live too. ITV may have more breaks, but they are shorter. Sometimes watching Motors, the breaks are five or six minutes long.

Quote:
Last time ITV showed any motor racing other than F1,was the Birmingham Superprix.
I assume you mean live, as obviously ITV have shown F3000, BTCC, F3, Indycar, and dozens of other series since then.

But even if you mean live, they showed the final round of the Seat Cupra Cup live last year.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 16:13 (Ref:799319)   #23
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yes,I meant before last year,septic. If BTCC going to ITV means Motors TV looses it, that is BAD news as there are more ad breaks on ITV. Last time ITV showed any motor racing other than F1,was the Birmingham Superprix.Don't think C4 or C5 have ever shown any live.
Ch5 had superb coverage of Moto GP, the the BBC got it and have totally ruined it.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 16:20 (Ref:799324)   #24
sceptic
Veteran

Don't worry, the BBC's deal only lasts one more year.
Old 30 Nov 2003, 16:32 (Ref:799327)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
.Anyone that can get Sky also gets Motors TV.
Wrong. Motors is not available on most cable networks.