Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Oct 2011, 07:01 (Ref:2979395)   #476
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
Yeah i'm noit saying it's a better ride, but it's not terrible. I'm very interested to see how Lee does in the 9.
#4... #9 is for the SBR version of Team Kiwi
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Oct 2011, 07:39 (Ref:2979405)   #477
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Well whispers are saying that the Davidson brothers will be team mates with Alex going into car #55
so the Kelly's lawyers have managed to make Dave stay?????
Old 31 Oct 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2979411)   #478
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
#4... #9 is for the SBR version of Team Kiwi
My mistake, thanks.
Old 31 Oct 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2979415)   #479
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
David Wall to Main Game??

Where, when & how much might he bring along?
That would be an idiotic choice, Andrew Thompson would be a good one.
Old 31 Oct 2011, 10:30 (Ref:2979485)   #480
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think anyone could go wrong with Mostert, watched him in Qld, in the rain, bloody quick steerer. Anyone with a spare seat should snap him up as I reckon he would be a success. GRM perhaps?
Old 31 Oct 2011, 22:53 (Ref:2979854)   #481
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GRM should go for Besnard...
Old 31 Oct 2011, 23:37 (Ref:2979872)   #482
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
I dont think anyone could go wrong with Mostert, watched him in Qld, in the rain, bloody quick steerer. Anyone with a spare seat should snap him up as I reckon he would be a success. GRM perhaps?
Did pretty well to be 2.9s up in one of the wet Bathurst practice sessions as well...

I wonder if SimPRO is planning on following the pilot?
Old 31 Oct 2011, 23:58 (Ref:2979882)   #483
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
GRM should go for Besnard...
Not a chance of that happening after he ruined Holdsworths chances a couple of years back. After this years debacle, he'd be lucky to get a ride anywhere.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 00:40 (Ref:2979900)   #484
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite like the idea of D.Gaunt at GRM. Developed since his time at LDM last year. Has been steady and consistent in CCup this year, would do a solid job I reckon.
I also heard that D.Russell was in with a shot as well.
Gaz has a lot of options, hope he makes the right one!!!
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 1 Nov 2011, 01:47 (Ref:2979918)   #485
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so any takers for Mr Owen at GRM?
Old 1 Nov 2011, 03:30 (Ref:2979931)   #486
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
All depends whether GRM does a credit check before talking to potential pilots...
Old 1 Nov 2011, 03:38 (Ref:2979936)   #487
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
I'd love to see Gaunt at GRM.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 04:35 (Ref:2979948)   #488
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All depends whether GRM does a credit check before talking to potential pilots...
I'm not sure what you mean by this GTR?
Old 1 Nov 2011, 04:37 (Ref:2979950)   #489
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by this GTR?
Pay drivers.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 06:42 (Ref:2979980)   #490
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsandmotorracing View Post
Pay drivers.
Thanks Cars. I had a Senior moment and couldn't see the link.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 10:26 (Ref:2980041)   #491
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You cant help but wonder if Jonny Reid might just pop up somewhere too.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2980048)   #492
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
DJR to 3 cars in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
“We are still not at a point where we would announce anything,” Fiore told BigPond Sport when asked about how his 2012 plans were coming together.

“But we’re fairly far down the road with a three car operation.”
Maybe there is something not quite right there... but does this read like the FFF squad is joining a 3 car operation (i.e. FPR or SBR if Ford..) or that it will become one when they jump aboard (DJR..)
Old 1 Nov 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2980051)   #493
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Quote:
DJR to 3 cars in 2012?

Maybe there is something not quite right there... but does this read like the FFF squad is joining a 3 car operation (i.e. FPR or SBR if Ford..) or that it will become one when they jump aboard (DJR..)
Seems intersting, also I agree that Johnny Reid deserves a ride, great talent.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2980094)   #494
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon that if Fiore goes to DJR and Webb goes back to DJR aswell they'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2980267)   #495
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mika Salo is likely to continue his career in Australia.
Quote:
- Probably I will add a race here. Prodrive David Richards, who runs the team here as well, asked for that I am free next season, Salo, told the Ilta-Sanomat.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2980361)   #496
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I reckon that if Fiore goes to DJR and Webb goes back to DJR aswell they'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Can't help but agree with you, Razor. Plus Steve Webb and the Fiore family might be DJ's exit strategy when the time finally comes.
Old 1 Nov 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2980365)   #497
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have thought Fabian Coulthard and Alex Davison would be the favoured pilots for #33... They certainly would be if I was Gary...
Old 1 Nov 2011, 22:35 (Ref:2980368)   #498
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Can't help but agree with you, Razor. Plus Steve Webb and the Fiore family might be DJ's exit strategy when the time finally comes.
Yet Mr Webb threw what looked like a 7 figure sum down the throat of Tekno's new technical centre, including fitting it out with what indicates an intention for expansion in a 'plug n play' model.

Was it an acrimonious split with DJR? Most reports have suggested yes. The 2011 engine deal is reportedly direct with InnoV8, not DJR...

I am actually surprised that Mr Fiore hasnt 'cashed out' by now and used the significant income from the V8SA sale to take a seat in an established team
Old 2 Nov 2011, 06:01 (Ref:2980465)   #499
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
You cant help but wonder if Jonny Reid might just pop up somewhere too.
Mr Reid GoesTesting at Tekno...

Can the Kiwi mafia scrape up enough sponduli to place Mr Reid in their much rumoured 2nd car?
Old 2 Nov 2011, 06:11 (Ref:2980466)   #500
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to read in AA today the movement in sponsorship at HRT.

The story has changed apparently (????) in that HRT's total budget is reported at $8m per season, with Toll reportedly currently contributing $2.2m towards that number. A very cheap title sponsorship title sponsorship of Holden's anointed team I would have thought.

Anyways... the story from Mr Fogarty now suggests that HRT will run different liveries on their HRT cars next season.

Mr Fogarty suggests that Toll is remaining as a major sponsor of #2 (Mr Tander) next season, and that this car shall remain titled with Toll.

The major sponsor on #22 (Mr Courtney) has been rumoured to be Coates Hire, and this car shall have most of its space occupied by that brand.

Rockstar and Mobil 1 are also said to have re-signed with HRT.

Now the discussion also suggests that the underlying graphics on both cars will be similar, in a Holden Red (which seems to change in shade & luminescence each year...) and the HRT lion.. wonder how they might work the orange of Coates Hire in there without it looking just yuck!

What the article does not exactly play out is the noise around Mr Ingall's apparent arrival. Given that the 2 'regular' HRT entries shall have a common design theme, with a red focus, and a lion and stuff.. what chance is there that the '#39' WP entry shall also be anointed an HRT entry, with a similar outward design to the main two entries, with Mr Ingall's vast array of sponsor brands meaningfully stuck there.

Consistent look, consistent message.. easy for Mr Percat to assume a role in #22 or '#39' in 2013 you might have imagined...

Presuming any of this actually happened...