Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Jun 2006, 18:50 (Ref:1641903)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carlton Kirby nightmare

Earlier today Carlton Kirby, the worlds worst commentator, was on both Eurosport channels and Motors at the same time!!! So I decided to watch some karting I had recorded on Sky+ and lo and behold he was commentating on that. He interrupts his usual unintelligeble babble with massively glaring errors. Just as an example, during the warm-up lap of a kart race the CoC made them go single file through a few corners. Carlton reliably informs us they will be taking the start in single file. But lo and behold two corners from the start they form up side by side as usual. Then the start gets aborted and Carlton tells us the leaders have aborted the start... umm no that would be the CoC who has done that. Then on the first racing lap a couple of karts spin across the grass and drop down the field and he tells us they may be penalised for taking a short cut...

When will the powers that be realise this man is so inept? He just does not have a clue, witters away to himself but knows nothing about what he is talking about. Today on Eurosport I would have watched the North West 200, the stunt bike riding and on Motors the Le Mans wrap up, but Carltons ineptness forced me to switch. I am watching the karting on mute now.

Please someone get rid of him - in the NW 200 he was reading from a script quite obviously and in the 125 race he told us about Robert Dunlops actions about 5 seconds before they happened and ruined the end of the race for viewers.

Even that idiot James Allen cant out mis-quote Carlton, and thus would be better.