Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Nov 2011, 22:43 (Ref:2992687)   #26
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Stunning! Surely you must be referring to Aston and BMW which were not listed and not officially announced?
If not... Who's left? What a great problem to have in the off season, not being able to name all the next years' entries.
Nope - not Aston or BMW
Old 28 Nov 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2992691)   #27
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^Wow, everyone sounds like they're jumping in the pool then. The only other 2 true GT marques I can think of are Alfa Romeo and Bentley. Hyundai would have to be considered too as they are trying to go up-market. After that, we're into the boutique brands like Koenigsegg and Pagani...
Old 28 Nov 2011, 23:01 (Ref:2992692)   #28
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lada and Scion?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 23:26 (Ref:2992704)   #29
Dented Table
Rookie

United States
Flagstaff, AZ
Dented Table should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
^Wow, everyone sounds like they're jumping in the pool then. The only other 2 true GT marques I can think of are Alfa Romeo and Bentley. Hyundai would have to be considered too as they are trying to go up-market. After that, we're into the boutique brands like Koenigsegg and Pagani...
It would certainly be amazing to watch the mighty Zonda and Koenigsegg do battle with the little Lotus GTE! But, obviously the problem is the money. You can't just run a Zonda for 24 hours and run into people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Lada and Scion?
I think not!!! Something to consider for BTCC!

I have found something kind of interesting. It seems like all the "hybrid" cars turn out to be LMPs. What about a hybrid GTE? Project 56 could have very well been a GTE-spec project, and Hope Racing could have run a GTE Hybrid like a Alfa Romeo 8C or something, lol.

I think, if we're lucky (WE being GTE fans!), we could see the GTE entries go well past 25. I know we are getting ahead of ourselves, Graham, but keep on dreamin'!

Now, what about a Nissan GT-R team in GTE full time? Also, it's about time Audi decided to make a GTE version of the R8... it was practically screaming for it.

- Buddha
Old 29 Nov 2011, 00:45 (Ref:2992726)   #30
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
sure the little problem is that alfa romeo doesn't build a GT type car from years (the 8c is de facto a modified maserati) and surely can't hope to develope a gte car working on the brera chassis... then i think that the cars made by bentley are suitable more to run in v8 superstar.
About pagani, in early 2000 a private team modified a street zonda to make it run at le mans in GTS class, but the results were face-palming, some year later has been built a GT1 version of the zonda but also this was discharged after some test.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 06:06 (Ref:2992788)   #31
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar? Or Cadillac? CTS-V Coupé GTE Sounds OK to me.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 10:27 (Ref:2992878)   #32
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Lynx View Post
Jaguar? Or Cadillac? CTS-V Coupé GTE Sounds OK to me.
I really doubt GM would build a Cadillac to race against the Corvette, especially since they already have the WC CTS-V Coupes running.

All these rumors have me thinking that the ALMS should go GT only. I guess that's a subject for a different thread, but obviously there is a lot of interest in the GTE class right now, and I would love for these great cars to take a star role in a series, the cars and the racing are too good to just be "those things the prototypes pass." Perhaps the lure of overall wins could lure the Viper and LF-A projects out...
Old 29 Nov 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2992933)   #33
Mt. Lynx
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm
Mt. Lynx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just noticed Gumpert has something under wraps. Will be unveiled at Geneva in March. Could this be a GTE version of the Apollo?
Old 29 Nov 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2992951)   #34
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Alfa doesn't have anything that would make a suitable base for a GTE in production right now. I suppose they could use the 8C, but since that's out of production I don't think it's likely.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2993171)   #35
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Nothing stopping the Fords from being used though. It sounds like a smaller car company will enter, someone weve left out. Maybe Subaru with the BRZ, they've already confirmed GT300 in SuperGT, which is loaded with GT3 cars...
Old 29 Nov 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2993172)   #36
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Nothing stopping the Fords from being used though. It sounds like a smaller car company will enter, someone weve left out. Maybe Subaru with the BRZ, they've already confirmed GT300 in SuperGT, which is loaded with GT3 cars...
BRZ with a 2.0L four-banger? Yikes! That thing would be a show stopper...meaning the parade of cars behind it would be stopped dead (or close to it).
Old 29 Nov 2011, 21:40 (Ref:2993177)   #37
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Yet GT300 class cars are faster than GTE. Yikes, looks like you speak too soon. Their HP is limited to around 300hp, and still beat GT3 cars? The engine isn't a problem. IF it's even them.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 23:26 (Ref:2993221)   #38
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Nothing stopping the Fords from being used though.
That wasn't Ford itself though, they were just blessing a private project. I find a factory (even in the sense of a factory building cars to sell to privateers) project with an outdated car less likely.
Old 30 Nov 2011, 02:09 (Ref:2993276)   #39
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yet GT300 class cars are faster than GTE. Yikes, looks like you speak too soon. Their HP is limited to around 300hp, and still beat GT3 cars? The engine isn't a problem. IF it's even them.
I have a hunch any BRZ running in ACO based racing would be slow as heck, Lotus Evora style.
Old 30 Nov 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2993393)   #40
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well is really true a GT300 car is faster than a GTE car? there are between them 100+ bhp difference (in favor of GTE).
So where are the differences? is just the aerodynamics? The Weight?

I would like to see the new Subaru BRZ GT300 run in Le Mans and see if he could do beat the 4:00m mark.

By the Way the Deltawing will have the same power than this Subaru (300BHP) so... expert guy´s start to talk :-)
Old 30 Nov 2011, 16:09 (Ref:2993528)   #41
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JAF GT300 cars are prototypes similiar to the GT500, have a better aero but have less power than GT2/GT3 cars that ran in GT300, it means that in tracks like autopolis where an aero efficency is required JAF-GT300 cars are better, in other tracks like the fuji where is required an high top speed the GT2/GT3 cars are better.
This year the gt2/gt3 cars had a better bop that let them be more competitive than the jaf prototypes.
Old 30 Nov 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2993560)   #42
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
In short, ACO should seriously consider allow GT3-spec cars in the GTE class. There's no other way to attract more manufacturers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dented Table View Post
Project 56 could have very well been a GTE-spec project
The DeltaWing can't be a grand tourer, come on!
Old 30 Nov 2011, 19:17 (Ref:2993602)   #43
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
In short, ACO should seriously consider allow GT3-spec cars in the GTE class. There's no other way to attract more manufacturers.
You've actually read this thread about all the new potential GTE manufacturers right?
Old 1 Dec 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2993749)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
It seems that isn't necessary, there is plenty of manufacturer interest currently, and more on the way.

Current
Porsche
Ferrari
BMW
Ford
Corvette
Jaguar
Lotus

Rumoured
Audi
Mercedes
Mclaren
Lambo
Nissan
Lexus
Viper
Old 1 Dec 2011, 08:12 (Ref:2993830)   #45
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It seems that isn't necessary, there is plenty of manufacturer interest currently, and more on the way.

Current
Porsche
Ferrari
BMW
Ford
Corvette
Jaguar
Lotus

Rumoured
Audi
Mercedes
Mclaren
Lambo
Nissan
Lexus
Viper
After next year there may be no BMW. Ford isn't very well represented and Jaguar/Lotus are too slow. So you really only have Vette Ferrari and Porsche that're long term if you think about it.
Old 1 Dec 2011, 17:32 (Ref:2994044)   #46
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While BMW's a quality entrant, they're only putting two cars into any particular series, Mclaren, AMG Mercedes, *Audi and Nissan would all be customer focused like Porsche and Ferrari.

*Should the GTE be a worldwide, fully homolgated, car.
Old 1 Dec 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2994063)   #47
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was just announced that the new Viper would be unveiled at next year's New York Auto Show in April of 2012. I'd guess that means we won't be seeing a GTE Viper til at least late 2012 or 2013, if at all.
Old 1 Dec 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2994107)   #48
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
No surprise really , we have been hearing about a new Viper for years . Begining to sound a bit like Mazda to me !!! Believe it when you see it .
Old 1 Dec 2011, 20:44 (Ref:2994109)   #49
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
But the announcement of Vipers in Rolex and GA points to that something is cooking at Dodge. Preparation of an upcoming model perhaps?

Cheers
Old 2 Dec 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2994391)   #50
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Audi
Mercedes
Mclaren
Lambo
Nissan
Lexus
Viper
Being interested in GTE is one thing, having sold dozens of GT3s is another.

McLaren and Lexus were certainly interested, but doesn't seem now. The only one I trust to build a GTE in 2013 is Dodge.