Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Jan 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3186311)   #76
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reassuring to know that ALL parts of these engines are available new and off the shelf. Obviously another Ford success storey.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 08:32 (Ref:3186315)   #77
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think Ford have anything much to do with it, but you can build most of their engines from the 60's from scratch, with new parts.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3186329)   #78
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought Ford were responsible for new X Cross flows?
Old 8 Jan 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3186337)   #79
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi everyone !

So, to let everyone know, the regulations for the Spa Classic Endurance race, which include the two Touring Car grids and the Sixties Endurance for the Spa Classic event is now avalaible on our website :

http://www.peter-auto-racing.com/ind...=4&lang=dpx_uk

Direct link to the regulations :
http://www.peter-auto-racing.com/ima...ce_2013_V2.pdf

Let me know what you think of it !

Best regards from the Peter Auto team.

Louis.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3186378)   #80
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
My only comment re pre66 is that all of us normally race on Dunlop M's or L's . . . why allow Avons for this?
Old 8 Jan 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3186389)   #81
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
As they look quite period,I think the treaded Avons will do me as its a 74 car anyway. Like the penalties for non use of the racing line. I assume this to mean going over the track limit line?
Old 8 Jan 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3186396)   #82
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
My only comment re pre66 is that all of us normally race on Dunlop M's or L's . . . why allow Avons for this?
Certainly the performance of Pre 66 cars, if running Avon ZZ, will be closer to the later cars- especially if wet. Not sure if that is good or bad!

Louis, couple of comments.

Rain Tyres are 'Free'. This is then countered by 'tyres with modern post 1984 patterns are forbidden. This is important as there are modern radial Formula tyres for 13" wheels that are much faster in wet than period tyres! I would be quite happy if all tyres had to be checked and marked at technical admin.

HTP. The regs state 'The Organisers are free to accept a car whose homologation forms are being issued.' Do you mean HTP? If so, will you be requiring proof of this, as it would be easy for an entrant to say that HTP has been applied for when in fact it hasn't.....

My prospective co-driver has declared his interest in sharing the race with me, so just need to sort out the clash with Masters Brands Hatch, where am supposed to be sharing another car! If that can be overcome you will be receiving entry form from me.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3186407)   #83
Teddington Ted
Racer

Teddington Ted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunlops/Avons

Louis

This meeting is looking very attractive - just to underline Joe's point about tyres for pre 66 cars; most, if not all, of us run on Dunlops so it would be better not to introduce Avons (Dunlops work in the wet too with a light right foot). I felt uncomfortable about running the TR2 on Avons at Le Mans Classic but did it because of the performance advantage. I'm thinking about running the Plus 4 in your Sixties Endurance race and would prefer that Dunlops are the control tyre - the car is set up for them and Avons would be an unwelcome extra expense if I choose to go that route.

thanks

Mark
Old 8 Jan 2013, 14:21 (Ref:3186422)   #84
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, regarding your questions :

Regarding the tyres, we will accept the Pre 66' under 2000cc (Grid 1) to run on CR6ZZ or Dunlops. Most series only accept Dunlops but we accept CR6ZZ as it is a more user friendly tyre and as you probably know, other races like the Spa 6 Hours accept it as well with TC racing in the enduro.

As a good friend said to me, a GT40 goes faster at Spa on Dunlops than CR6ZZ, I think it is up to your driving style and certainly the car.

60's Endurance has been running on CR6ZZ since its introduction but you can also race on Dunlops if you wish.

For the HTP and rain tyres, what is certain is that our system works regarding the file you will send us. We want a maximum of informations and also a full copy of every entered HTP to select the cars.

Of course, sometimes we have cars coming without HTP but our team of scrutineers will be there to check the car and that it complies with the FIA Appendix K and our specific regulations.

And if this car wants to come back in our races it will need a HTP or a proof that they've applied for it.

For the tyres, we have a parc fermé at the end of every races so we will be able to check the cars after the race.

Please note that in 60's Endurance last year, we did numerous engine capacity checks and a frontrunner was disqualified at Spa for example.

We also verify the weight and other numerous points and when needed, we directly go to the engine preparator of the car to verify the capacity of the engine in the car.

Best regards, Louis.
Old 8 Jan 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3186491)   #85
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Its likely I'll be sharing with an Extra from 'Ice Age'
Is it Kimi ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Jan 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3186504)   #86
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Is it Kimi ?
I thought Joe meant Scrat?

Louis, thanks for the clarifications. Sounds like you have it all under control!

Old 8 Jan 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3186512)   #87
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I thought Joe meant Scrat?

I understand that the co driver is training abroad and has lost weight !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Jan 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3186523)   #88
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Close . . . long hair . . . likes a pint off duty . . . .
Old 8 Jan 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3186524)   #89
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I understand that the co driver is training abroad and has lost weight !
Given those lardy northern birds the slip?
Old 9 Jan 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3186756)   #90
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Hi,

anyone of you visiting Rétromobile in Paris, early february ?

Louis.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3186787)   #91
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Not planned but always worth a visit. Will have to see how car prep goes in next month!

Have you got a stand there?
Old 9 Jan 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3186800)   #92
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Can't make Retromobile this year but I went 2 years ago with Tim Falce and Uncle Eric. Had a great time and recommend a visit to anybody
Old 9 Jan 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3186818)   #93
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Probably the company helped John
Old 9 Jan 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3186879)   #94
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1300 View Post
But the question is year period spec aside what were they getting from a 2.0 bd engine? lets say dry sumped ali or cast block with period injection kugel or lucas or any other mechanical injection.
I have Cosworth BDG spec. sheets for 1975 spec. BDG in front of me. Engine was 1975 cc, 90.00mm bore x 77.7mm stroke. Iron block, dry sumped, Lucas mechanical injection, 270 bhp@ 9000rpm. 1976 engine quoted as 280 bhp @9250rpm.

I'd always thought that the BDG actually had a 77.62mm stroke, which more accurately equates to 1975cc
Old 9 Jan 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3186897)   #95
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not planned but always worth a visit. Will have to see how car prep goes in next month!

Have you got a stand there?
Yes we've got a stand there so if anyone comes by on Friday/Friday evening, I'll be happy to welcome you
Old 9 Jan 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3186962)   #96
Hunter1300
Racer

Hunter1300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
I have Cosworth BDG spec. sheets for 1975 spec. BDG in front of me. Engine was 1975 cc, 90.00mm bore x 77.7mm stroke. Iron block, dry sumped, Lucas mechanical injection, 270 bhp@ 9000rpm. 1976 engine quoted as 280 bhp @9250rpm.

I'd always thought that the BDG actually had a 77.62mm stroke, which more accurately equates to 1975cc

both set of figures are impressive......
Old 10 Jan 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3187347)   #97
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddha View Post
Yes we've got a stand there so if anyone comes by on Friday/Friday evening, I'll be happy to welcome you
We arrive Friday at Gare du Nord 16.30 Hrs. Hope we can make it. We`ve lots of questions.
Old 10 Jan 2013, 17:57 (Ref:3187357)   #98
Hunter1300
Racer

Hunter1300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Farrell View Post
We arrive Friday at Gare du Nord 16.30 Hrs. Hope we can make it. We`ve lots of questions.
Will questions an answers be put on here afterwards?
Old 11 Jan 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3187768)   #99
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1300 View Post
Will questions an answers be put on here afterwards?
I'll be at Retromobile for friday "nocturne" and I'll answer your questions
Old 11 Jan 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3187771)   #100
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
May be at show Wednesday /Thursday.
Still awaiting answer to exchange dosh!