Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 29 Dec 2002, 19:32 (Ref:459673)   #1
Tattoo
Rookie

Tattoo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just bought GPL

Hello

I was in my local Staples office superstore, and found myself a copy of GPL. Since i have been reading this forum i have been looking everywhere for a copy.

All i can say is WOW what an excellent game, i can see that there is going to be some very long nights ahead

One problem i seem to be having is that in the middle of practice, the game "disappears" and i am back on my desktop, anybody got an idea what may be causing this ?

Thanks for any help
Paul
Old 29 Dec 2002, 20:03 (Ref:459680)   #2
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That happens to me too, I guess it depends on the frame rate...
Old 29 Dec 2002, 21:17 (Ref:459734)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its called a "CTD" in the trade ("crash to desktop"). Without knowing anything about the spec of your pc (CPU, graphics card etc), it's difficult to know what the problem is. I used to get an awful lot of CTDs until I realised I was running GPL on XP in Win98 compatibility mode - unlikely that anyone else would be daft enough to do that though!

Good to see you've made the most important sim gaming choice of your life there Tattoo. Hope you're not married........

Last edited by Aysedasi; 29 Dec 2002 at 21:17.
Old 29 Dec 2002, 21:18 (Ref:459736)   #4
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put all of the update patches on and see if that does anything. at www.papy.com and you need the 1.2 patch and direct3D to start with. After that try one of the gpl forums that have been mentioned before.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 00:20 (Ref:459838)   #5
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My copy should arrive tomorrow... Er, along with my XBox...
Old 30 Dec 2002, 06:34 (Ref:459934)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
XBox?

What do you want one of those for? (said he, predictably!).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 Dec 2002 at 06:35.
Old 30 Dec 2002, 19:51 (Ref:460380)   #7
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as far as I could work out GPL crashed to my desktop simply because the framerate went too slow, or the graphics got too much for the computer to handle, because when I took off graphics options such as reducing the number of trackside objects it stopped crashing on me.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 00:25 (Ref:460585)   #8
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
XBox?
What do you want one of those for? (said he, predictably!).
Morrowind, Splinter Cell and Shenmue II & III. Lovely.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 08:23 (Ref:460747)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh well, there ya go. Each to his own, my friend, each to his own......