Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 May 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2469144)   #76
chewymonster
Veteran

chewymonster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
That remains my whole point,if petrol cars were allowed 5,5L twinturbo's,they'de have these kind of torque figures as well.
Maybe slightly less,but that would've been made up for in explosivity in the higher revband regions,something the diesels miss....

I just simply miss the real competition. Like the good ol' days...'98 for me.
And if Acura had an 8 liter engine they would...
Old 25 May 2009, 23:18 (Ref:2469148)   #77
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewymonster View Post
And if Acura had an 8 liter engine they would...
.. have a W-16?
Old 25 May 2009, 23:49 (Ref:2469158)   #78
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
V16. then SUPERCHARGE it. Forget turbos. Listen to the intake scream, a la Auto Union!
Old 26 May 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2469312)   #79
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
V16. then SUPERCHARGE it. Forget turbos. Listen to the intake scream, a la Auto Union!
The FIA is discussing the use of 4 cylinder 2 litre engines in ALL racing classes as the standard unit of propulsion...(with or without turbos) Comments were asked from the ACO during the press conference at Spa, but they passed on their reply to the Le Mans venue.....
Old 26 May 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2469474)   #80
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
acox93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
The FIA is discussing the use of 4 cylinder 2 litre engines in ALL racing classes as the standard unit of propulsion...(with or without turbos) Comments were asked from the ACO during the press conference at Spa, but they passed on their reply to the Le Mans venue.....
That would make motorsport so boring. Le Mans needs variety, thats part of what amkes it so special.
Old 26 May 2009, 16:59 (Ref:2469620)   #81
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by acox93 View Post
That would make motorsport so boring. Le Mans needs variety, thats part of what amkes it so special.
Yes, while all the feeder categories of Formula One and Indycar going single-make, WTCC and DTM only having two or three different models racing, its great to see the diversity that Sportcars has. Pretty much any engine or fuel. Engineers love the freedom they have, just look at how different the Audi R15 is to say a Lavaggi!
Old 26 May 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2469639)   #82
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Yes, while all the feeder categories of Formula One and Indycar going single-make, WTCC and DTM only having two or three different models racing, its great to see the diversity that Sportcars has. Pretty much any engine or fuel. Engineers love the freedom they have, just look at how different the Audi R15 is to say a Lavaggi!
Agreed, although the Lavaggi (lego car) is not exactly something to be proud of.
Old 26 May 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2469751)   #83
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Agreed, although the Lavaggi (lego car) is not exactly something to be proud of.
No,but they are there(sometimes). It is a good thing that even such a team can make it into sportscars.

All 2L 4 potters...the most boring sounding engine ever. Only with very high revs or a fat and banging turbo do they sound anything near appealing.
Old 26 May 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2469818)   #84
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
No,but they are there(sometimes). It is a good thing that even such a team can make it into sportscars.
Not like that ECO Radical yarn I keep hearing about !!!

Hats off to lavaggi for trying .....
Old 26 May 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2469832)   #85
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

All the same, I wouldn't want to be the guy crashing it. It looks like Lego and I would imagine it would probably only be as strong lol.
Old 27 May 2009, 04:59 (Ref:2469958)   #86
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
All the same, I wouldn't want to be the guy crashing it. It looks like Lego and I would imagine it would probably only be as strong lol.
Do you have any idea what's entailed in a homologation test?!

L.P.
Old 27 May 2009, 05:27 (Ref:2469960)   #87
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Indeed, I find myself very lucky to have taken a shot of the Lavaggi being shown the black and white flag at Spa....(he was some laps behind though)
Old 27 May 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2470022)   #88
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Do you have any idea what's entailed in a homologation test?!

L.P.
I was joking .
Old 27 May 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2470051)   #89
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was joking .
Forgive him, he is American afterall
Old 27 May 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2470147)   #90
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That Lavaggi is as strong as an Audi or a Pug ..... possibily even a bit stronger , and heavier due to budget restrictions .
Old 27 May 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2470175)   #91
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
Quote:
That Lavaggi is as strong as an Audi or a Pug ..... possibily even a bit stronger , and heavier due to budget restrictions .
Why would it be stronger?
Old 27 May 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2470334)   #92
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Forgive him, he is American afterall
Well I do not usually press the point, but yes I am! And as we, lowly redheaded step children on this side of the pond, just celebrated our Memorial Day, which is the remembrance for our fallen, I am ever so proud to be an American!

L.P.
Old 27 May 2009, 17:29 (Ref:2470358)   #93
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Why would it be stronger?
Probably because Peugeot know how to build a lighter car with more advanced engineering solutions , and no expense spared . The Lavaggi is im sure built to a budget and probably over engineered .
Old 27 May 2009, 17:43 (Ref:2470368)   #94
acox93
Racer

United Kingdom
surrey
After seeing Gene's crash at the Le Mans test week end last year, i'd say that the peugeot is strong enough.
Old 27 May 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2470376)   #95
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not being an expert but I would sure rather hit a wall in a Peugeot or Audi than in an over engineered or not Lavaggi
Old 27 May 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2470389)   #96
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
not being an expert but I would sure rather hit a wall in a Peugeot or Audi than in an over engineered or not Lavaggi
Well sorry I have to disagree! I would rather not hit a wall at all!!!

L.P.
Old 27 May 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2470446)   #97
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't knock it until you have tried it
Old 27 May 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2470549)   #98
RJC_pt
Rookie

Portugal
Braga
RJC_pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
all cars must pass crash test from aco so they must all be safe to a point...
Old 28 May 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2470620)   #99
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Well I do not usually press the point, but yes I am! And as we, lowly redheaded step children on this side of the pond, just celebrated our Memorial Day, which is the remembrance for our fallen, I am ever so proud to be an American!

L.P.
Hey, redheaded stepchildren on this side of the pond are them Canadians! Crazy bunch.

robert
Old 28 May 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2470891)   #100
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
We seemed to have managed to turn Endurance racing into Stock Car racing!