strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is how it works at Ferrari!

Saturday
Rubens: I doun like the feel of my car.
I think my engine is down on power..
I want to drive the T car
Team: OK Rubens, it's all yours
Sunday
Michael: Man I had to have Rubens blow off his last hot lap so I could get pole.
I think that T car is faster.. I want it!
Team: Rubens get out of that car...
Rubens: Why it's my car now?
Besides you set up the other car as a back up for Mikey.
Team: Rubens, now don't make us show you the contract again..
Rubens: But it's not fair!
Team: Rubens? Is that your signiture?
Rubens: You know I was drunk...I never was shown the fine print!
Team: Rubens, Get out of the car!
Rubens: (with a whimper) it's not fair I tell you.
Seems that Rubens didn't like his car on Sturday so they put him in the T-car and set his up as Michaels spare, but after he had such a hard time ( do you really think Rubens blew off his hot lap because of some dust on the track?) snatching pole, Michael on Sunday demanded that he wanted that car. So they had to scramble to re-set up the other car for Rubens.
What Mikey wants Mikey gets.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 08:45 (Ref:268188)   #2
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Rubens.

After 2 full seasons with Ferrari, one question boggles my mind, Why?. Why would he keep signing for Ferrari after all that's happened?.

I can remember when Rubens was thought to have a very bright futur. When he was at Stewart he was talked about as being a futur world champion, and look at him now. He's only a mere shadow of what he used to be. So, so sad .

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 23 Apr 2002 at 08:45.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 08:54 (Ref:268198)   #3
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
99% of people would not mind signing any kind of contract at Ferrari! The other 1% are just silly

Ill be the human carpet for the garage sweeper there hehe!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 08:55 (Ref:268200)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With Michael still driving, any replacement for Rubens must be out of their mind if they decide to sign! You may as well kiss your career goodbye.. For the 2 or 3 drivers that may get their mits on one of them red things it would be the worst thing that could happen to them at the moment if they sign. Once Michael has parked up for the last time, things may be different though.

In the meantime I only have one thing to say just in case:

JENSE! DON'T DO IT!!
Old 23 Apr 2002, 10:58 (Ref:268277)   #5
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
With Michael still driving, any replacement for Rubens must be out of their mind if they decide to sign!
I think Button or any other driver who signs on for Rubens' seat would be crazy to do so without a good solid understanding with Michael and the Ferrari management. That should include a projected retirement date not more that one or two years off for the great one. Michael has to be smart enough to know that he can't have a patsy for a team mate up until the day he retires. Seems to me that his relationship with the team is such that he will want to leave them in a strong position, not with just a driver of Rubens' caliber to take over.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 11:05 (Ref:268282)   #6
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can think of quite a few drivers who wouldn't mind the chance to finish every GP in second place.

And in any case... if you were given Ferrari to run and then decided to give the weaker driver the stronger car, I don't think you'd be running the team for more than about a fortnight! The are there to win - one of the drivers is a proven winner, the other isn't.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 13:32 (Ref:268421)   #7
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah at least he got on the podium. Tough luck that Ferrari treats him as a no. 2 but I bet he's glad he's not no. 1 at Jag, eh?
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 23 Apr 2002, 13:42 (Ref:268430)   #8
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah at least he got on the podium. Tough luck that Ferrari treats him as a no. 2 but I bet he's glad he's not no. 1 at Jag, eh?
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 26 Apr 2002, 02:48 (Ref:270862)   #9
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Ill be the human carpet for the garage sweeper there hehe!!
Old 26 Apr 2002, 03:20 (Ref:270869)   #10
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much longer do you think Michael Schumacher will race? Another 3-5 years? Would he retire on a high note, perhaps after winning another world championship? Or retire when he starts losing races?

Or what would really be neat? If he decides to race for a 3rd,4th,etc.. tier team??? To help them develop the car and perhaps attract more sponsors?? Kinda like a charity/goodwill work??
Old 26 Apr 2002, 03:23 (Ref:270871)   #11
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
charity???
goodwill???
you cant be serious?
Old 26 Apr 2002, 06:34 (Ref:270914)   #12
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oops.

Last edited by Dr. Austin; 26 Apr 2002 at 06:35.
Old 26 Apr 2002, 06:44 (Ref:270919)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF racing for a 3rd or 4th tier team as an act of goodwill? Somehow I don't think so...

Why would Rubens keep signing for Ferrari? Well, it is still his best shot at winning, despite having to play second fiddle. He's in the best team, they have the best car (though Rubens of course doesn't, but at least he has the second best), he does after all have a better chance of winning as the no. 2 driver for Ferrari than he would have as a no. 1 in any other team IMO. And that's why I think he's still there. And it is Ferrari.

Last edited by R; 26 Apr 2002 at 06:46.
Old 26 Apr 2002, 10:59 (Ref:271060)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens thinks that somehow he can appeal to TGF's better nature. When you are a good, honest, fair person you sometimes have a hard time understanding that the other guy, far from profiting by your example, sees all those qualities as signs of weakness.

One day Rubens will write his memoirs and then we will know.