Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jul 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3437719)   #376
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some radio transcripts of the RBR drivers from the German GP. Interesting attitudes.

Simon Rennie and Daniel Ricciardo:

SR: "Let’s make an amazing recovery." (lap 3)
DR: "Yep, let's do this!"

SR: "OK and fail-5. Fail-5, fail. OK, that has affected upshifts. That’s something we need to do." (Lap 17)
DR: "Ok."

SR: "OK mate, good job. Let’s catch up with Button now. You’re minus four, Button." (Lap 40)
DR: "Ok, ta."

SR: "Good effort, mate. Very good recovery from where we were. Unforunately the race wasn’t one lap longer, but obviously we said the opposite last week. Good effort mate. Good drive."
DR: "Thanks guys. That was a fun battle."

Guillaume Rocquelin and Sebastian Vettel:

GR: "We need to try to increase the gap to Alonso." (Lap 25)
SV: "Yeah, tell that to my rear-left tyre. Car’s really poor braking for turn two."

GR: "Sebastian, we need a little bit more fuel. A little bit more fuel." (Lap 42)
SV: "Tell me what you want! Do you want me to pass or you want to save fuel, like a duck??"

GR: "Fuel now minus zero two. We need more and more fuel saving, Sebastian.(Lap 66)
SV: "Yeah, I’m burning all I have!"

GR: "Good job, Sebastian. Good job."
SV: "Thank you guys. It was a tough afternoon. Obviously we didn’t have the pace that we expected. So still plenty of work ahead."
Old 25 Jul 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3437729)   #377
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting Attitudes
Understatement of the year?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3437734)   #378
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That merely suggests the attitude of a multiple champion to me. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 15:16 (Ref:3437748)   #379
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess, 321go, you are trying to make some Kind of point about Vettel's attitude...only you fail to get it across.

What exactly are you on about? The Kimi-like speak?
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3437793)   #380
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's amusing. Vettel was actually funny. "Tell that to my left rear." I'm sure Ricciardo has had his moments. It seems like it's all about encouragement and positive reinforcement with Ricciardo whereas with Vettel, he's been to the top and quite frankly seen it all. Don't need to baby him.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3437796)   #381
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you take snipits from a 2 hour conversation between two people, you could deduce just about anything. I mean, what's one to think about Nigella from what she said here
Old 25 Jul 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3437803)   #382
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
If you take snipits from a 2 hour conversation between two people, you could deduce just about anything. I mean, what's one to think about Nigella from what she said here
haha.

brilliantly made point!
Old 26 Jul 2014, 00:09 (Ref:3437998)   #383
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess he just wants to make us laugh
Old 26 Jul 2014, 03:16 (Ref:3438040)   #384
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the TR collection merely reveals how confusing the directions of SV's engineer are. Minus two and still burning fuel? That have to be something called misunderstanding!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 01:14 (Ref:3438549)   #385
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw on twitter that Vettel has led more laps in front of Ricciardo than Ricciardo has in front of Seb (obviously not including retirements). Vettel has lost his lead on Ricciardo with retirements and strategy calls more often than with passes. (?) It seems hard to believe that, especially since Ricciardo has been out-qualifying him regularly. but.. Maybe Vettel's tanning isn't as deep as it certainly would appear.

As a Vettel fanboi this has been a very interesting (shocking really) year, lots of waiting and hoping he'll turn things around but, tip of the hat to Daniel, he's been awesome. The second half of the year will be intriguing, the second half has always been strong for Vettel.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 03:20 (Ref:3438566)   #386
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catingaround View Post
I saw on twitter that Vettel has led more laps in front of Ricciardo than Ricciardo has in front of Seb (obviously not including retirements). Vettel has lost his lead on Ricciardo with retirements and strategy calls more often than with passes. (?) It seems hard to believe that, especially since Ricciardo has been out-qualifying him regularly. but.. Maybe Vettel's tanning isn't as deep as it certainly would appear.

As a Vettel fanboi this has been a very interesting (shocking really) year, lots of waiting and hoping he'll turn things around but, tip of the hat to Daniel, he's been awesome. The second half of the year will be intriguing, the second half has always been strong for Vettel.
Two examples on hand would be the TR in Shanghai and "Be smart" threat in Canada. If you count strategy in, Hockenheim and Silverstone as well.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3438872)   #387
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great win from Daniel today, but he was helped by Seb, Nico and Valtteri all losing out with the timing of the pitstops (plus McLaren's crazy call for Jenson). He made the most of what was available, but it's not often that a poor start effectively wins you a race. He's still a breath of fresh air though, seems to genuinely love the opportunity he's been given.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3438887)   #388
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, lots of good fortune for all the podium finishers. However, they made the most of their opportunities instead of, say, fannying around behind Vergne for ten laps or throwing it into the pitwall.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3438931)   #389
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
Yes I was really hoping for something from Vettel before he spun himself, but that's basically an end to my support. Vettel gets screwed again, apart from his better performance in quali. His race has been, well, disappointing for us lately.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3438943)   #390
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who was he screwed by? Ah of course, you mean the kerbs coming out of the final corner. Those naughty, naughty kerbs.........

Go Daniel. A breath of fresh air.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3438949)   #391
Articus
Veteran

Vettel screwed by himself...
Old 27 Jul 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3439054)   #392
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This was a pretty bad performance by Vettel. Driving like a grandad into turn 1 on the first lap, then losing positions again at the next SC restart. RB said he had a glitch or some rubbish. But he didn't have any glitch when he hit the wall (which actually only cost him several seconds). He didn't have any glitch when he was running around a sec a lap slower than Hamilton and Alonso on the same worn tyres.

He finished 40s behind Ricciardo, despite making one less stop. And Ricciardo had to pass the leaders! He might have been disadvantaged like some of the others with that first SC, and was a bit unlucky in getting stuck behind others like Bottas early on and Verge later, but his pace was slow anyway.

It's odd because what did Dani on Sunday is exactly the kind of drive you'd get from Vettel the previous 4 years, coming from out of nowhere, aggressive driving, stealing the win over faster cars.

Also, Seb has always been good at Hungary. It's when he turns his season around usually. Certainly not 2014 though!
Old 28 Jul 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3439072)   #393
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He must be pining for his trusty blown diffuser, poor thing.

I actually feel sorry for him now, I was actually willing him on today. But he embarrassed himself again.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 00:50 (Ref:3439082)   #394
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah I do a a bit too. The thing is he's driving it so hard, using more of the track than anyone, but when it comes to race day he's just not able to make the tyres last at all and Dani canes him. After Perez put it in the wall I thought it's just a matter of time for Vettel, because he's using that much kerb on the final corner of every lap. How's he getting away with it.

I wonder how Webber would have gone this year.

I also wonder if he continues like this into 2015, I can see RB's support losing interest in him and perhaps Vettel will move to another team.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 02:21 (Ref:3439100)   #395
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Who was he screwed by? Ah of course, you mean the kerbs coming out of the final corner. Those naughty, naughty kerbs.........

Go Daniel. A breath of fresh air.
He screwed himself, and disappointed everyone. First row on the grid ends up in a poor finish thanks to a spin and below average strategy call from the pitwall
Old 28 Jul 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3439232)   #396
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is it just me or is ricciardo now driving like vettel did in his spring chicken days of winning being a novelty not the norm?
Old 28 Jul 2014, 11:54 (Ref:3439277)   #397
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
He must be pining for his trusty blown diffuser, poor thing.
I cannot wait to hear a team use a radio call of "Norwegian Blue, Norwegian Blue"
Old 29 Jul 2014, 01:17 (Ref:3439510)   #398
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see Helmet Marko at the podium ceremony cheering on Dan and not back looking after finger boy. Changing of the guard ?
Old 29 Jul 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3439578)   #399
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would that be interesting? Isn't it normal for a team to cheer the driver who won instead of the one who finished seventh?
Old 29 Jul 2014, 07:56 (Ref:3439580)   #400
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
Interesting to see Helmet Marko at the podium ceremony cheering on Dan and not back looking after finger boy. Changing of the guard ?
Not sure there's a guard to be changed. Daniel drove very well, benefited from some good luck and took a well deserved, albeit surprising, victory. It's only natural that the Red Bull top brass would want to share the podium with him. Frankly, it would be strange if they didn't