Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Oct 2001, 22:25 (Ref:157804)   #1
overstuur
Rookie

overstuur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Geva Racing when you need him?

Geva Racing, why are you so quiet when we need you most ?

Please give us the lowdown on what is happening over at yours:

How come Stefan de Groot was stripped of his September 9th win at Zandvoort ? What irregularities were found in the engine ?

Why is Stefan de Groots championship still provisional pending the outcome of a protest ?
Old 9 Oct 2001, 17:23 (Ref:158110)   #2
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't comment on that as it might threathen our chances but when there is news you will hear it. anyway, what a loser that Goransson was at zandvoort, he pushed stefan off twice and slowed down drastically in order to let the pack catch up.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 21:43 (Ref:158249)   #3
marie
Rookie

marie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One might consider it interesting as why he was there in the first place.
Weren't there rules on the whole subject altogether and weren't they broken with a Arie Jr at the Masters and a Goransson at the Finals?

So you could call it Reap what you sow, now couldn't you..??

Plus maybe a good practice for the festival, where he gets to play down and dirty with the boys.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 08:33 (Ref:158383)   #4
Geva racing
Racer

What a joke
Old 10 Oct 2001, 09:32 (Ref:158409)   #5
Rimrider
Racer

Rimrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that Goransson led the race from start to finish so how could he have pushed steffan de grot off twice? As for bunching the pack up behind him, that sounds quite clever as it takes pressure off him and gives the others something to worry about. Smart.

If he played dirty why wasn't he excluded?
Old 10 Oct 2001, 17:46 (Ref:158663)   #6
marie
Rookie

My sentiments exactly!!

You could argue about the beauty of it, cuz it not really racing the way it is supposed to be, but it's indeed clever and it gets the job done, doesn't it.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 18:58 (Ref:158709)   #7
TVR
Rookie

TVR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gever you are a bad loser, gorranson won that race, and your numpty drivers lost the race and the championship for you. degroot hit gorronson from behind 3 times and stuffed his race himself ?
then your stupid no 2 ta pass went in front of degroot and cost you the championship by one point. fact.....
gorranson just won by using his brain , shame your drivers dont have one.........
I recon you wont be so fast in the uk??????????????????????
Old 10 Oct 2001, 19:44 (Ref:158734)   #8
Rimrider
Racer

Sounds like bad management.
Old 10 Oct 2001, 21:41 (Ref:158830)   #9
Geva racing
Racer

I suppose your right about the drivers argument but Goransson drove expetionally agressive when he encountered Stefan and not when Jaap tried something. Jaap would have catched up and would havee tried something on Stefan. Any way, Marie, did you get my mail?
Old 11 Oct 2001, 08:18 (Ref:158966)   #10
TVR
Rookie

TVR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

how can you say gorranson drove hard when he led the race from start to finish, also he was invited to race in both the races, but sombody wined and so he could only do the second, which I remind you he won won won , from the front, he did not back into degroot, degroot hit him and for your info so did jap bin larden? he is a world class driver who races to win...and when you get to the festivall you will find it harder, as the uk has lots more just like him racing here,lets see if weseley barbour or haywood moan on and on on the internett?? if they dont win?????????????
Old 11 Oct 2001, 09:31 (Ref:158977)   #11
Geva racing
Racer

do you know the word BREAKTEST besides Goransson put him in the gras at the front straightaway and Goransson wasn't invited, it's an open championship we nor anyone else can stop anyone entering and Goransson was not allowed to race in the first race because it was a race that had to be redriven because the NAV, the organisers didn't do their work in Assen and we had to do the race again. we were given free tires or something and Goransson was not entiteld to those...
Old 11 Oct 2001, 20:53 (Ref:159318)   #12
Rimrider
Racer

You sound like a sore loser Mr Geva. Richard Goransson is a class driver like many other drivers in UK FF. The reason they become class drivers is because they come to the UK and learn that there is only one attitude to take and that is to use their brains and win which is exactly what Goransson did.

Now if your drivers like to drive around in your series and miss out on the best driving education you have available, then that is their problem. I think Goransson will make it further than De Grot because he is a winner and De Grot is like the rest of the people who get a good spanking from the British teams - a loser.

The moral of this story is if you can't beat them, join them. Learn.
Old 11 Oct 2001, 21:31 (Ref:159347)   #13
Geva racing
Racer

Well, Stefan De Groot made an error in judgement and paid for it but in my opinion that's what these formula's are for. To learn and he will not make such an error soon and certanly not at the festival but the level of competitiveness shown at both the EuroRaces at Spa and the race at Zandvoort that the Benelux cars could be competitive with a bit of luck.
Old 11 Oct 2001, 21:33 (Ref:159350)   #14
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not having seen any of the incidents described/attributed I can't really comment on the rights and wrongs.

However I can respectfully remind people that the rules of the forum ask you to attack the post not the poster. I'm not sure that this rule has been broken here, but its pretty close, and there is some pretty infammatory language being used. I like vigorous debate but this is close to the line, how about we all ease back a bit.

Cheers,

M
Old 11 Oct 2001, 21:59 (Ref:159373)   #15
marie
Rookie

Yes I did get your mail and replied to it. Thanks!

And guys, let's drop it, Geva, Stefan lost and John, Richard won, easy as that.
As for it being an open championship, not really true, as they fell heavily on me for trying to intermediate for a certain english driver in entering the Masters of 2000.

But as far as the quality of drivers go, the Festival will decide!!

I've got my money on Richard, maybe Pat, Wesley and who knows maybe even Stefan, as he is a talented driver and it is about time someone beat those english/swedish guys.