Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Sep 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2961339)   #201
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fastest diesel is 7 seconds faster than the slowest P2 car.

Sounds like some serious sandbagging is going on.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 20:55 (Ref:2961340)   #202
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALT F4 Racing View Post
The HPd in the 1.13's hmm. only 1 sec off the P1 petrols. doesnt that mean the p1 petrols should be faster, not the diesels slower?
I don't think the top petrol P1's should be much more than two seconds off the diesels.

Road Atlanta however is quite different to a typical F1 style circuit which could hamper them.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 20:55 (Ref:2961341)   #203
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
I was just going to ask. How bad do you guys think the diesels are sandbagging?
I believe the diesel lap record is a 1:06 something a few years ago. If track conditions are good for q'ing I think we may see that challenged.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2961342)   #204
ALT F4 Racing
Rookie

ALT F4 Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I want to know where the oreca peugeot fits into all of this especially in the hands of marc gene. theres isnt any room left, so the oreca is either going to be right on pace with the diesels or the diesels are going to get faster.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2961343)   #205
gregtummer
Veteran

Quote:
I want to know where the oreca peugeot fits into all of this especially in the hands of marc gene. theres isnt any room left, so the oreca is either going to be right on pace with the diesels or the diesels are going to get faster.
The Oreca Peugeot could match the race pace of the factory cars at Sebring, but didn't it get pegged back more after that race?
Old 26 Sep 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2961344)   #206
ALT F4 Racing
Rookie

Dumas to the top! 1.08.3
Old 26 Sep 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2961345)   #207
gregtummer
Veteran

Romain Dumas fastest lap of the session.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2961348)   #208
gregtummer
Veteran

Looks like a lot of sandbagging from the diesels!
Old 26 Sep 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2961350)   #209
ALT F4 Racing
Rookie

I think Audi was annoyed with the SPeed.com headlines..
Old 26 Sep 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2961353)   #210
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It seems that the session has been called and has timed out, with Dumas squeaking to the top in the final seconds.

I do think that we're seeing a divide between each car with Audi and Peugeot. The #1 so far as been faster than the #2 on a consistant basis, and the #7 Pug has been faster than the #8. It seems that the young guns in each group has been faster than the "dream team" guys so far. And there's a bit of a gap between the young guys and the veterans on the stop watch, though the #1 and #7 and the #8 and #2 seem to be closely matched with each other as far as comparing the young 'uns vs the vets on each team.

Is it possible that Audi and Peugeot each may play a split strategy of each having a tortoise and a hare?
Old 26 Sep 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2961355)   #211
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think Audi was annoyed with the SPeed.com headlines..
If this was just regular ALMS round the P1 pace sitter would've been even morre irritated when the title of the article could've been "Corvette leads early testing"
Old 26 Sep 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2961356)   #212
ALT F4 Racing
Rookie

It was like that at Lemans,and Sebring,and Spa, and jsut about everywhere this season. nothing to worry about
Old 26 Sep 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2961361)   #213
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
Every diesel driver had the opportunity to do some running since yesterday (Especially Montagny & Bernard did some long stints this afternoon with solid pace), but Davidson is the exception. When will he get behind the wheel? Is he in good shape now? He hasn't tweeted anything since his arrival to the track too.
I was told he did!
Old 26 Sep 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2961365)   #214
gregtummer
Veteran

I think the veteran drivers from both Audi and Peugeot might be taking it a little bit easy. No need to wad up a car on Sunday and Monday practice.

Besides, they know the trick to winning the race will be to keep your momentum up through the corners while passing the other classes.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2961389)   #215
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Could the "old" guys in both camps also be sandbagging?
Old 27 Sep 2011, 00:24 (Ref:2961435)   #216
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
I was told he did!
Thanks! I was wondering if Ant was doing ok with the collar bone rehab.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 07:26 (Ref:2961506)   #217
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks! I was wondering if Ant was doing ok with the collar bone rehab.
He did tweet about getting to drive in the test after all: https://twitter.com/#!/antdavidson/s...05861864882176
Old 27 Sep 2011, 07:37 (Ref:2961512)   #218
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
It would be quite normal to split the testing strategy so one car does long runs to test fuel mileage and tyres whilst another does quick stints to test set up and ultimate pace
Old 27 Sep 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2961560)   #219
ianroke
Rookie

United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
ianroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
The Oreca Peugeot could match the race pace of the factory cars at Sebring, but didn't it get pegged back more after that race?
I believe the Oreca actually benefitted more from the regulation changes between Sebring and Le Mans than the factory Peugeots? I did expect the Oreca Peugeot to do better than it did.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 10:30 (Ref:2961568)   #220
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yup, Oreca's 908 got a 15kg weight break for Le Mans... ACO's logic works in mysterious ways
Old 27 Sep 2011, 10:30 (Ref:2961569)   #221
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Its a shame we are back to Eurosport for TV coverage in the UK so only 4 hours live
Old 27 Sep 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2961571)   #222
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Its a shame we are back to Eurosport for TV coverage in the UK so only 4 hours live
That's still 4 hours more than what the US guys receive (ABC highlights don't count)

Hopefully there's some stuff on the Eurosport player again, as I'm 100% certain that the international feed on alms.com fails miserably at some point... good backup plan is always needed.
Old 27 Sep 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2961618)   #223
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
I was told he did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
He did tweet about getting to drive in the test after all: https://twitter.com/#!/antdavidson/status/118505861864882176
Thanks, That's what I wanted to hear! I'm glad he's ok, and I hope he's hungry after missing Silverstone!
Old 27 Sep 2011, 14:01 (Ref:2961682)   #224
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That's still 4 hours more than what the US guys receive (ABC highlights don't count)

Hopefully there's some stuff on the Eurosport player again, as I'm 100% certain that the international feed on alms.com fails miserably at some point... good backup plan is always needed.
Wasn't the word that the ACO would stream the race again as well. Dailymotion seems to handle the load flawlessly..
Old 27 Sep 2011, 14:21 (Ref:2961688)   #225
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Wasn't the word that the ACO would stream the race again as well. Dailymotion seems to handle the load flawlessly..
Really hope so. It's a ILMC round afterall...