Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 May 2012, 10:00 (Ref:3077176)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheese [iV8SC12R12&13] SkyCity Triple Crown, 15-17 June

And the travelling circus that is V8Supercar makes its next stop on the calendar in sunny Darwin...

Hard on engines, hard on drivers, hard on spectators... its a place where the form book kinda goes out the window...

Its hard to imagine 888 enjoying the last couple of rounds of non-dominance... its equally hard to imagine FPR actually remembering how to keep speed and tyre life in their cars.

Who will win? I would say it will be hard to toss the #2 HRT car.. with the usual 3 or 4 Fords following, and the #1 in there somewhere.

Or not...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 May 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3077180)   #2
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget #8 there GTR. The speed and tyre life are there.
Old 22 May 2012, 04:53 (Ref:3077599)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well there are going two possiblities:

A. TeamVodafone wins, everyone there will most likely sing "We Are The Champions" and gloat on how good they are. (Might also chuck in The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme) for good measure)

B. Someone else wins, TeamVodafone will blame everyone else bar themselves (with the exception of Craig Lowndes, he isn't egotistical) with the most noise coming from Roland McDonald and Jamie and then get the V8 men in suits to investigate, re-investigate and re-appeal everyone else and their stances.
Old 22 May 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3077603)   #4
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully tekno can keep some of there recent form going, pitty the lock up from patrizi put a dent in what could have been a superweekend. still both drivers showing speed
Old 23 May 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3078228)   #5
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And the travelling circus that is V8Supercar makes its next stop on the calendar in sunny Darwin...

Hard on engines, hard on drivers, hard on spectators... its a place where the form book kinda goes out the window...

Its hard to imagine 888 enjoying the last couple of rounds of non-dominance... its equally hard to imagine FPR actually remembering how to keep speed and tyre life in their cars.

Who will win? I would say it will be hard to toss the #2 HRT car.. with the usual 3 or 4 Fords following, and the #1 in there somewhere.

Or not...
- Van Gisbergen is due for win?
- HRT won't win a race this year.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 06:14 (Ref:3086669)   #6
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1,5,6,8 and 15 to battle for the win.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3086791)   #7
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And bring your winter woolies, 14 deg last night.
Makes the barra hard to catch.
Bugger the racing.
Well that is what my crew said!
Old 8 Jun 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3087242)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
1,5,6,8 and 15 to battle for the win.
4,9, and 47 will probably come into the mix at some point.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 07:48 (Ref:3087335)   #9
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
And bring your winter woolies, 14 deg last night.
You big sook. It was minus 4 here this morning!!!
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 8 Jun 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3087509)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's 14deg here as well, and we're supposed to be in summer.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3087547)   #11
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
You big sook. It was minus 4 here this morning!!!
Might see you at Bathurst AP. I have to come back from Tassie on the Sat so thinking of stopping off.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3091349)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well... apparently there were 4 practice sessions on today...

P1

P2

P3

P4

P3+P4

Interesting mix of times, some people blew a set of softs, some didnt... its all mixed up. Will it stay that way the whole weekend? Somehow I dont think so...

Lets see...
Old 15 Jun 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3091510)   #13
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Well... apparently there were 4 practice sessions on today...

P1

P2

P3

P4

P3+P4

Interesting mix of times, some people blew a set of softs, some didnt... its all mixed up. Will it stay that way the whole weekend? Somehow I dont think so...

Lets see...
Having been there all day GTR I don't know what to take from the times.
Some cars looked out of control but produced the goods, lap to lap Webb looked odds on to bin it, same for Junior. Brighty and Fabulous did a great lap and changed springs and shocks and went a second slower.
Lowndes looked quick all day. I reckon the finger will be wagged at them as there was an observer for all of the 3rd session noting who was cutting the kerb at the gravel trap. At one stage I thought Patrizi was going to have the whole car over it.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 01:24 (Ref:3091717)   #14
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always liked Hidden Valley. Looking forward to the races!
Old 16 Jun 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3091738)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q12

Mr Fabulous was on pole for a while in #14... till the FPR steamroller opened up...
Old 16 Jun 2012, 03:11 (Ref:3091741)   #16
EL GT
Rookie

New Zealand
Petrol Heaven
EL GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody been able to get live pictures? Be great to get a link if anyone could help cheers
Old 16 Jun 2012, 04:01 (Ref:3091744)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Q12 Shootout...

SvG quickest for a while till the FPR crowd got their finger out...
Old 16 Jun 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3091791)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
No race result on Natsoft yet

Series Points
Old 16 Jun 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3091801)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
am i right in saying for the second and possibly 3rd time this year channel 7 got the series points wrong after the race?
Old 16 Jun 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3091803)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Were there any post race penalties that may have made the difference?

There are quite a few pilots who reckon they were smacked out of the way by someone else that may have been reviewed subsequent to the #7 pointscore

Interestingly, the NASCAR pointscores at the end of races always label them unofficial, yet #7 makes no such warning...

Still unsure why NatSOft isnt up yet

It is clear the FPR cars are absolute jets, but their strategy and their nut behind the wheel arent as strong as those at 888...
Old 16 Jun 2012, 09:24 (Ref:3091809)   #21
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 12
Old 16 Jun 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3091839)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Did 'Riccardo Patrese' get pinged for turning Mr Lowndes around today?
Old 16 Jun 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3091878)   #23
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How good was JDub's machine today?
That pass on Willy D at the final turn was a cracker.

Almost as good as Ambrose on Big Nose up there a few years ago.......
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 16 Jun 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3092626)   #24
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Did 'Riccardo Patrese' get pinged for turning Mr Lowndes around today?
Don't know why he would as it appeared
as if he was hit from behind when the
congo line came across the stationary
car or at worst CL pulled up quickly in
front of him to avoid the goings on if
Patrizi wasn't touched up himself ?
Am i being too harsh in saying that i
thought David Russell seemed to have
plenty of time to notice that there was
drama ahead ?

Last edited by Reload; 16 Jun 2012 at 20:48.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3092701)   #25
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Is there a minimum number of laps the safety car has to do?

Russell waited until it was called yesterday and then started his car and went.
The safety car picked the field up at the end of that lap and could have returned the race to green after only that one lap on track.
Instead it went another lap which allowed Lowndes to catch up to the rear of the field after his pitstop.
If they had gone back to green straight away he would have had half a lap to catch up.

I might have been wrong but I thought I could hear Roland on the phone from where I was in turn 5