Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Jun 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3262381)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whingecup, he is at it again

Poor Jamie, the worlds against me,
http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/06/14/...ver-penalties/

THe others have copped it and moved on, hmm I wonder if him and Seb have the same PR manager lol,
Old 14 Jun 2013, 01:18 (Ref:3262387)   #2
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, he whinged so much so they changed the rule...I believe is 'whinge' is valid
Old 14 Jun 2013, 01:31 (Ref:3262389)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually, when I read the story, I was wondering if the driver of #1 might be off to NASCAR next season....

Mr Whincup has a valid point about the penalty. It was an illogical problem, a solution likely without previous precedent, and no real way to argue the point.

You might get the impression from the controllers of all things in the tower that they want to maintain the 'result' on the day, and tune up the teams/drivers points by way of penalty for various discrepancies in driving standards or outcomes.

I should imagine that if/when Mr Whincup appears before the powers that be next time, that they may not take too kindly to his phraseologies...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Jun 2013, 04:47 (Ref:3262433)   #4
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm with GTR - it was very odd to penalise the cars in 2nd and 3rd for accelerating with the lead car. It did seem they didn't want to keep the result as-is but still enforce the rules.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3262436)   #5
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yer, imagine being upset and passionate about your career and what you do!

Yes, its much better that we have robots for drivers who only speak when spoken to and offer a nice corporate line.

Like, i know that id be totally ok about getting penalized for an ambiguous and badly worded rule in whats supposed to be a world class FIA championship.

as for the Seb and Whincup comparo, if its the same manager hes sure doing something right if you look at the combined stats....
Old 14 Jun 2013, 06:22 (Ref:3262453)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If he hadnt have driven into Frosty at HV a couple of years ago on a re-start then this rule wouldnt have been in place.

Seriusly when people exploit simple rules then technical rules are put in place and this is what happens. Now they are just more technical than before.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3262480)   #7
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont discount the way they dished out the penalty, I dont agree with with how it was handled, but Jamie seems to complain, all the time recently, and his persona, is similar to Seb, yes the stats state both are at there top of there game, but if you continue to complain that all is bad, and the evil forces of officialdom and stewards are against you, then you will undoubtley cop some flack
Old 14 Jun 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3262692)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
I dont discount the way they dished out the penalty, I dont agree with with how it was handled, but Jamie seems to complain, all the time recently, and his persona, is similar to Seb, yes the stats state both are at there top of there game, but if you continue to complain that all is bad, and the evil forces of officialdom and stewards are against you, then you will undoubtley cop some flack
Maybe its a secret ingredient in Red Bull
Old 15 Jun 2013, 06:29 (Ref:3262905)   #9
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Release One:
"Whincup is also seething that he was allegedly told ‘don’t worry about your 30-point penalty because your two main rivals have got penalised’ (Coulthard and Will Davison, who was docked 25 points for reckless driving in a Race 16 incident that took out Scott McLaughlin).
“We work our butts off especially in Austin where the cars are so hot, you are fighting for every position you get and they want to take 30 points off you and they think ‘don’t worry guys the others have got 30 points taken off as well’,” said Whincup."

Release Two:
“My use of the words ‘outside influences’ was misconstrued,” Whincup said.
“What I said I stand by however, people should not read into my comments that I implied the judicial system is corrupt. I apologise for causing any misconception.

Umm you alledged it, either report it and have a cup of SHUT THE ####UP.

THis is not a bash, but if you say it have the nads to back it up.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3263562)   #10
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really any different to Ambrose years ago. Spits his dummy, whether right or wrong, forced to make a grovelling apology soon afterwards.

The next part of the synchronicity may or may not follow through......
Old 17 Jun 2013, 03:06 (Ref:3263586)   #11
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
Not really any different to Ambrose years ago. Spits his dummy, whether right or wrong, forced to make a grovelling apology soon afterwards.

The next part of the synchronicity may or may not follow through......
Except this dummy spitter has bathurst wins, and im yet to hear whincup tell other racers to get out of his way, we have a championship to win
Old 17 Jun 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3263656)   #12
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Except this dummy spitter has bathurst wins, and im yet to hear whincup tell other racers to get out of his way, we have a championship to win
I interpret his dives/passes at corners (where other drivers have to yield rather than have contact) as a bit of "I'm Jamie Whincup, let me through"
Old 17 Jun 2013, 07:04 (Ref:3263657)   #13
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
I interpret his dives/passes at corners (where other drivers have to yield rather than have contact) as a bit of "I'm Jamie Whincup, let me through"
Thats when he's lapping them. When its for position, he is usually fair, and much better at passing then they are at defending. (whereas slambrose would just drive into them, or whinge on the radio that 'we have a championship to win, tell him to move')
Old 17 Jun 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3263663)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Thats when he's lapping them. When its for position, he is usually fair, and much better at passing then they are at defending. (whereas slambrose would just drive into them, or whinge on the radio that 'we have a championship to win, tell him to move')
The passing thing is interesting to watch... like Mr Coulthard is head and shoulders better at getting past people than Mr Winterbottom is at the moment... while Mr Whincup kinda puts his car in there, and dares the other player to not take note of him being there...
Old 17 Jun 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3263669)   #15
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The passing thing is interesting to watch... like Mr Coulthard is head and shoulders better at getting past people than Mr Winterbottom is at the moment... while Mr Whincup kinda puts his car in there, and dares the other player to not take note of him being there...
Sounds like what frosty has done twice this year
Old 17 Jun 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3263676)   #16
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I saw whinging in this thread's title, I immediately thought of Tim Edwards.

A lot of people in this business get passionate, especially when they think the world is against them.

Mark Dutton's response to their drive through penalty was a bit more like it.

Skaife said after the race that to be a championship contender, you've got to have some mongrel. Controlled aggression appears to be a pretty important ingredient of all this - you can see it in the champions of categories all over the world.
Old 17 Jun 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3263701)   #17
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
When I saw whinging in this thread's title, I immediately thought of Tim Edwards.

A lot of people in this business get passionate, especially when they think the world is against them.

Mark Dutton's response to their drive through penalty was a bit more like it.

Skaife said after the race that to be a championship contender, you've got to have some mongrel. Controlled aggression appears to be a pretty important ingredient of all this - you can see it in the champions of categories all over the world.
Agree . Tim Edwards reaction to the dry ice thing made him look a bit silly. 888 clearly got permission & good luck to them.

Leadership comes from the top and on the Saturday anyway, FPR at all levels ran high on emotion and lost it ... Came back on sunday though.

Maybe its easier when you know you can win ... but Whincup & Dutton are a class act.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 00:57 (Ref:3264088)   #18
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
Agree . Tim Edwards reaction to the dry ice thing made him look a bit silly. 888 clearly got permission & good luck to them.

Leadership comes from the top and on the Saturday anyway, FPR at all levels ran high on emotion and lost it ... Came back on sunday though.

Maybe its easier when you know you can win ... but Whincup & Dutton are a class act.
Tim Edwards argument was with the officials, not Triple 8. He had a very good point, they made an exception to the rules. And if you think he looked silly, go to the GRM website and check out their press release.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3264640)   #19
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Edwards wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't say something about the dry ice thing.

I note that whenever there are accusations of Whincup being a whiner, others come on here and immediately throw up comparisons to other drivers/personalities, even drivers from near on ten years ago....wow....

Fomoco quoted Whincup from two separate press releases, I think his arguments are valid....Jamie spat fire in the first one, then shat himself in the second one...
Old 20 Jun 2013, 05:27 (Ref:3265279)   #20
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of those officials are either high or have shares in Red Bull.....
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 25 Jun 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3269776)   #21
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is Jamie standing for parliament at the upcoming election or is he panicking over his low popularity in the recent Speedcafe poll. He is online on the Supercars website this afternoon again, twice in a week. Do they think he is the only one people want to communicate with ?
Old 25 Jun 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3269778)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I found it surprising, considering he's not really a people person.
Old 26 Jun 2013, 02:33 (Ref:3269809)   #23
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is it really him?