Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2015, 12:34 (Ref:3540621)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[F1WC15R7] FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal

With the seventh round of F1 coming up, the Championship heads to the favourite track of Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada.

With Mercedes dominating this year, it'll be a safe bet they will be strong. To be good requires a strong power unit. (although Red Bull have won a few so a good chassis can be an advantage at times here)

Dark horses will be Ferrari and Williams.

Lewis Hamilton's lap in 2014
Old 25 May 2015, 06:35 (Ref:3540931)   #2
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
And I'll be there, my second overseas GP after Abu Dhabi 2013
Old 25 May 2015, 08:29 (Ref:3540968)   #3
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and therefore a risk of the VSC & RSC as the track has walls very close to the track in certain places
Old 5 Jun 2015, 22:50 (Ref:3545370)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
FP1 and 2 seem to show that everyone is trying.....until rain stopped play....not to mention Hamilton

He was still comfortably quickest all day, though, so normal service should be resumed tomorrow
Old 6 Jun 2015, 05:53 (Ref:3545417)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
FP1 and 2 seem to show that everyone is trying.....until rain stopped play....not to mention Hamilton

He was still comfortably quickest all day, though, so normal service should be resumed tomorrow
One crash, one very wild trip over the kerbs, one spin, and several slides, one wonders if the memory of Monaco still persists despite his claims to the contrary.

Just a thought.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 05:54 (Ref:3545418)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will the Renault lack-of-powerplants last in all 4 Red Bull cars across the weekend?

Mr Verstappen seems most likely to need a change & take a penalty, but Mr Ricciardo & Mr Kvyat are both also at risk..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Jun 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3545497)   #7
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
One crash, one very wild trip over the kerbs, one spin, and several slides, one wonders if the memory of Monaco still persists despite his claims to the contrary.

Just a thought.

I think he's looking for the edge of performance, which is difficult to find in variable conditions on this circuit
Old 6 Jun 2015, 12:06 (Ref:3545502)   #8
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is an interesting article about the Montreal track....

http://www.autofocus.ca/news-events/...in-a-half-hour
Old 6 Jun 2015, 15:47 (Ref:3545552)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will the Renault lack-of-powerplants last in all 4 Red Bull cars across the weekend?

Mr Verstappen seems most likely to need a change & take a penalty, but Mr Ricciardo & Mr Kvyat are both also at risk..
Max was already driving with the 5th engine in FP3.

but at least this is one of the best tracks to take a penalty(with lots of overtaking)

JB has an ERS failure and can't take part in qualifying and the Sauber mechanics have a lot of work to do to fix Nasrs Sauber in time.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3545558)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One of my favourite GPs on the calendar and qualifying is about to start, .
Old 6 Jun 2015, 16:13 (Ref:3545559)   #11
Rindt70
Rookie

Rindt70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmm...McLaren at his best!!...wow...what a shame of a season!!
Old 6 Jun 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3545568)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindt70 View Post
hmm...McLaren at his best!!...wow...what a shame of a season!!
To add misery to woe, Button is to miss qualifying with a an ERS-related failure in final practice.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119348
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:00 (Ref:3545569)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
And they are off......
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:20 (Ref:3545578)   #14
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Vettel and Massa out after Q1.....
Old 6 Jun 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3545585)   #15
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel? Did not expect that. Needing Raikonen to step up. His
big chance to get a podium this weekend.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3545596)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Raikonnen seeming rather more inspired of late - P3

Lewis did the job, Nico seemed p'd off......

Roll on tomorrow
Old 6 Jun 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3545598)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I was really hoping Ferrari would give the Mercs a good run for their money but alas Vettel obviously had a power issue and was well off the pace, qualifying 16th. Some of these grid penalties will help. Great damage limitation though from Kimi.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3545630)   #18
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not now he's been penalised five places (and three licence points) for overtaking under reds in fp3. Should put him 19th I think depending if Button has to be 20th with no time set. I'd hope the stewards would have added more places to put him at the back if he'd qualified higher. I've got a fair bit of time for Vettel, but red is red and you just don't do that.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 20:45 (Ref:3545634)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
Not now he's been penalised five places (and three licence points) for overtaking under reds in fp3. Should put him 19th I think depending if Button has to be 20th with no time set. I'd hope the stewards would have added more places to put him at the back if he'd qualified higher. I've got a fair bit of time for Vettel, but red is red and you just don't do that.
Looks like it's turning into the weekend he'd rather forget.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 00:10 (Ref:3545680)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just watched quali....can understand why NR was a bit irritated...LH has been sloppy all weekend so far so kind of a bit lucky to have taken pole.

Hopefully it makes for a more exciting battle.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 03:21 (Ref:3545731)   #21
Rindt70
Rookie

Rindt70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh...Hamilton on pole!!...Rosberg 2nd, a Ferrari 3rd....what a surprise!!...(ironic off)

It's all so predictable (at least in qualifying) that makes Saturdays a waste of time
Old 7 Jun 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3545846)   #22
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man that national anthem was cringe worthy!
Old 7 Jun 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3545847)   #23
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Wow - what a national anthem.....or at least what a rendition........

Edit: Great minds, maximus
Old 7 Jun 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3545849)   #24
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha ha Yeah! I like opera singing but that was awful, her technique seemed poor too. Anyway I digress...
Old 7 Jun 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3545852)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I wonder what our fellow contributors from Canada on 10-Tenths made of that?