Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jul 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4166254)   #126
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bonjour Chris! Alors, dans "la" Plateau 2, j'ai bien une paire de Rottenmaier mais sur Maserati. Sauf erreur, souvent possible, le #51 correspond bien ?* une Renault 4 CV appartenant ?* Renault Collection, kindov works car so to speak, pedalled by René Arnoux et JP Prevot.
But if you ask me about a DB HBR5 "surbaissée" this model never existed it was officially called Super Rallye. If you ask me how I know, remember René Bonnet was a Dad's relative and that I drove a lot of different DB's over the years. Not at LM, for obvious reasons!

Anyway, keep on investigating pour Toi, mon Ami!
Old 2 Jul 2023, 08:32 (Ref:4166255)   #127
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
5 laps penalty for pit stop infringement (car #10). When I tell you that slowly but "shirley" we gonna reach one year or more for a penalty… Phew…
Old 2 Jul 2023, 08:33 (Ref:4166256)   #128
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK, now show time for the Stephs, Robert and Iain. Elite #9, 356 #15 when a roundel is present… GODASSE!!!
Old 2 Jul 2023, 08:46 (Ref:4166257)   #129
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Chris, French good lookin' barquette… You mean a Matra! (ol'joke)
Old 2 Jul 2023, 08:50 (Ref:4166258)   #130
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And now they're hunting crazy squirrels using a Breadvan bonnet. At a cost!
Old 2 Jul 2023, 08:53 (Ref:4166259)   #131
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it looks nice and sunny, hope not too hot for the cars, but better than rain.

Seeing purple all round the Stevens times which cant be bad and I think thy lead their class. Rob and Iain also going well, 4th in class. Go #9 and #15
Old 2 Jul 2023, 08:59 (Ref:4166261)   #132
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will and Bill in pitlane for scheduled stop. Good timing with a slow zone in force.

Also spotted the #9 Elite making its way back down pitlane to rejoin.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4166262)   #133
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Whoops for the D TYpe with some pirouettes in the sand.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4166263)   #134
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yep! Did you see Robert zigzaging in the trafic after a green flag? The skills of a very good Napolitean taxi driver!! Godasse!
Seems Will keeps the wheel.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 09:11 (Ref:4166264)   #135
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
It's gonna be hard for Bill to keep Gordon's Elite behind till the end…
Old 2 Jul 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4166265)   #136
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
#2 Elite which was next car ahead of the #9 seems stuck in the kitty litter, promotes Rob and Iain to 3rd in class.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 09:26 (Ref:4166266)   #137
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Another for the Stephens and for Robert! Brilliant.
Old 2 Jul 2023, 10:37 (Ref:4166269)   #138
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yeaa we will take that . Been busy weekend but those 3 laps I did were just the best ever .?. Thanks for all the Tenths support .
Old 2 Jul 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4166286)   #139
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Finishing seconds of the last race index of performance is very very wise. You must not beat the boss…
Old 2 Jul 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4166308)   #140
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Chris tu avais comme souvent tout a fait raison, la #51 est bien une barquette spéciale a base de Renault 4CV. After wandering for a long while in the replay, I at last saw what car you were refering to, pedalled by Néné Arnoux. My bet is its a very rare DB Renault R1066 as seen at LM in 1953, drivers Rédélé/Pons. Try this and tell me if, this time, I'm right:not that https://www.largus.fr/actualite-auto...10967398.html; not that https://www.gazoline.net/essais/rispal-4-cv-speciale/; not this http://renaultconcepts.online.fr/aut...cv-rispal.htm; not that https://clubnumismatiquenantais.com/...rard-1952.html but this may be:https://www.francolembo.com/fr/car/exceptionnelle-barquette-db-renault-r1066-chassis-n1-le-mans-1953-avec-redele-pons-n54/ http://panhard-racing-team.fr/?page_id=15209
The keyword you're may be missing is "barquette" equivalent to "spyder" or "spider" in your mother tongue. Je bois ce soir a ta santé, Mon Ami!
Old 2 Jul 2023, 23:45 (Ref:4166382)   #141
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks Gerard for the links. I also found another link from the Panhard Racing Team, having looked at those you listed. This has more pictures, some of the car sans bodywork. The only thing is I only saw it briefly on the stream and cant remember it having the rear 'fins'.

I will have to see if I can find the footage again. Shouldnt be too hard as I know the race and plateau it was in.

This is the link I found. http://panhard-racing-team.fr/?page_id=15209
Old 3 Jul 2023, 03:18 (Ref:4166448)   #142
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The only thing is I only saw it briefly on the stream and cant remember it having the rear 'fins'.

I will have to see if I can find the footage again. Shouldnt be too hard as I know the race and plateau it was in.

This is the link I found. http://panhard-racing-team.fr/?page_id=15209
OK I found it on the video and it does have the fins.....

Pic from that link shows the car with the same reg # as the screenshot from the video of yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Renault#51-LMC-2023.png   1953-06-DB-Renault-1066-750cc-au-pesage-du-Mans.jpg  
Old 3 Jul 2023, 07:12 (Ref:4166465)   #143
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The fins are la patte de Charles Deustsch designer of the body, this aero design reaching its peak with the fabulous CD SP 66. To move this wonder they tested a lot of different engines, Panhards twin of course, then DKW and Alfa Romeo, ending up with a Peugeot unit in '66 and '67. I seem to remember that the car displayed at Musée des 24 H du Mans belongs/belonged to Étienne de Valence. https://lesvoitures.fr/cd-peugeot-sp...-classic-2022/ But not all Charles Deutsch cars had fins: https://www.classicdriver.com/de/car...ta/1953/959345 Then came the time for French designers to adopt a slick design: https://newsdanciennes.com/moynet-lm...o-performance/

As to Panhard link, we found the same one. Well documented as you say.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 18:23 (Ref:4166580)   #144
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You like fins and bleu de France cars? Not enough time to go to Goodwood? There you are:https://www.renaultgroup.com/news-on...pide-du-monde/
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaul...9toile_filante In other words, a perfect example of BS by PR people turning the mode "but, but, but, we have roots too" on! They like to rearrange History, do they?
Old 3 Jul 2023, 18:39 (Ref:4166583)   #145
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
So, no news from "our" teams? Everybody safe at home now? Not a single race report? Iain the dif' change causing your DNF in Race 2 was worth, you went from 6'05"/198kph to 5'50"/210 kph. What is your secret? C'on don't be shy. Will, was it the fuel or the……… ya no, something electric!
Old 3 Jul 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4166593)   #146
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry Gerrard and fellow tenthers . I will do full report tomorrow . Yes back in my own bed after a week away . Still buzzing and very happy . Guess I will come back down to earth tomorrow . Already stressed about work .
Old 4 Jul 2023, 07:19 (Ref:4166625)   #147
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Still buzzing and very happy. Guess I will come back down to earth tomorrow.
Agreed, it takes a while to land on earth after such a wonderful experience. You have time to, next edition is scheduled on 2025 if I'm correct. No hurry then. Well done again.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 07:44 (Ref:4166626)   #148
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Classement Final des Équipes
Team finishing third was #15-134 tours:
Plateau 1 Max Sowerby/Daniel Balfour/Gareth Burnett-Tabot AV105 1934;
Plateau 2 Nigel Webb/Chris Ward-Jaguar C Type 1953;
Plateau 3 Bill Stephens/Will Stephens-Porsche 356 A Speedster 1959;
Plateau 4 Chris Beighton-Sunbeam Tiger Le Mans 1964;
Plateau 5 Simon Evans/Joe Twyman/James Little John-Capri RS 2600 grp2;
Plateau 6 Adrian George Brady-BMW 320 GrpV 1977.

Winner: Team #20-144 tours, second: Team #60-140 tours. Don't ask me how it works, just happy for JR's stable!
Old 4 Jul 2023, 07:54 (Ref:4166627)   #149
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good to see that the previous 2' penalty (Plateau 1, race 1) given for scrutineering checks has been removed. What we saw on track is back on the classification, Gareth Burnett/Michael Birch being declared official winners of the race 1, race 2 and scratch (Talbot AV105).
Old 4 Jul 2023, 08:05 (Ref:4166631)   #150
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very good news. Shame it takes so long to put wrongs right.