Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Mar 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3215073)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2013 12 Hours of Sebring

The Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring is fast approaching, and teams are arriving at the track for testing. This will be a special Sebring, because it is the last to be run under the ALMS series banner. It is also the last to feature LMP1 cars. There is a decent grid entered for the race that includes the regular season ALMS teams along with a few entries from across the pond. Qualifying starts at 13:15 local track time on Friday March 15th. The race starts at 10:30 local track time on Saturday March 16. Can't wait to see this one!

Schedule

Entry List

Timing & Scoring

ALMS Video

Track Map

Spotters Guide

Weather

World Times

Ten-Tenths Chat (Great during Race)

US only TV info:

10:30 - 10:45 SpeedTV live pre-race
10:45 - 12:00 SpeedTV live race
12:00 - 1:00 ALMS.com in car cameras
1:00 - 7:30 SpeedTV live race
7:30 - 10:45 ALMS.com in car cameras
10:30 - 1:00 SpeedTV tape delay coverage of final 3 hours

MotorsTV coverage:
Sat. 16.03 15:30
(Live) AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES RD 1 : 12 HOURS OF SEBRING
Sat. 16.03 20:00
(Live) AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES RD 1 : 12 HOURS OF SEBRING
Sun. 17.03 12:20
AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES HIGHLIGHTS RD 1 : 12 HOURS OF SEBRING

Last edited by joeb; 13 Mar 2013 at 13:46.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3215090)   #2
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First? Headed down Wednesday night from Atlanta.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3215111)   #3
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
First? Headed down Wednesday night from Atlanta.
Nice....I can't make this round....work is brutal...I need to retire.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3215148)   #4
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
I was chatting with Canada ALMS fan a week or so ago and he mentioned doing a quick forum meetup/tour of our JDX Hertz rig & race car at some point before the race. If anyone's interested please post here and I'm sure we can toss something together for Friday. Saturday will be a little dicey as the day starts very early for us and there may not be enough time.

Look forward to meeting some of you in person next week! Cheers,

-mike
Old 6 Mar 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3215164)   #5
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
I was chatting with Canada ALMS fan a week or so ago and he mentioned doing a quick forum meetup/tour of our JDX Hertz rig & race car at some point before the race. If anyone's interested please post here and I'm sure we can toss something together for Friday. Saturday will be a little dicey as the day starts very early for us and there may not be enough time.

Look forward to meeting some of you in person next week! Cheers,

-mike
Cant imagine I would say no to that. Are we allowed to bring friends?
Old 6 Mar 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3215169)   #6
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Cant imagine I would say no to that. Are we allowed to bring friends?
Sure, more the merrier!

-mike
Old 6 Mar 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3215170)   #7
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Mike. Most of our group arrives on Thursday so any time from Thursday afternoon to Friday evening would be great. I would like to bring 3 or 4 friends if that is ok too. Everyone seems to love that livery!
Old 6 Mar 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3215231)   #8
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I would vote for Friday..
Old 6 Mar 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3215306)   #9
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Wednesday afternoon.

Mike, put me down for 2 people. Thanks.
Old 6 Mar 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3215318)   #10
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Copy cat.

Hey everyone! Don't forget that the big announcement for the future of sports car racing is at 2:30pm March 14th, live on SPEED! If you can't make it to a TV, I'll also be tweeting from the press conference at twitter.com/FalkenALMS. And if you don't want to sign up for twitter, that's fine. Just enter in that URL and you can watch the feed. (But we highly encourage joining the rest of us)

<<side note>> For those of you who follow my personal twitter, if you share leaks, rumors or side notes that I give, please be sure to NOT quote Falken Tire or my other clients. I ask so that my clients are not held responsible for any behind the scenes information that gets released, especially since I'm sharing them through my personal means. Sometimes they don't want to be the ones quoted for certain circumstances. Thanks for understanding!
Old 7 Mar 2013, 03:56 (Ref:3215367)   #11
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Copy cat.

Hey everyone! Don't forget that the big announcement for the future of sports car racing is at 2:30pm March 14th, live on SPEED! If you can't make it to a TV, I'll also be tweeting from the press conference at twitter.com/FalkenALMS. And if you don't want to sign up for twitter, that's fine. Just enter in that URL and you can watch the feed. (But we highly encourage joining the rest of us)

<<side note>> For those of you who follow my personal twitter, if you share leaks, rumors or side notes that I give, please be sure to NOT quote Falken Tire or my other clients. I ask so that my clients are not held responsible for any behind the scenes information that gets released, especially since I'm sharing them through my personal means. Sometimes they don't want to be the ones quoted for certain circumstances. Thanks for understanding!
When will the Flaken tour occur?
Old 7 Mar 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3215593)   #12
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When will the Falken tour occur?
We're going to try for Thursday evening before night practice. We'll post the details here and in our Falken Tire thread when we've confirmed with the drivers.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3215696)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Nicely put together Joeb .
Old 7 Mar 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3215715)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Nicely put together Joeb .
Thanks!

I just saw a Corvette Racing transporter heading south out of Michigan, the race is getting close!
Old 7 Mar 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3215722)   #15
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
I also vote for Friday.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3215896)   #16
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I'm interested in Thursday or Friday + The Falken tour as well

Spotter Guide will go online on Tuesday. Sorry I cant release any earlier, couple of liveries are embargoed and a few cars are still being designed/stickered up!

If you are leaving for Sebring before then and dont have access to a printer at a hotel, the ALMS sell a leaflet version of the guide at the ALMS/IMSA Merch trucks for $1 - All money to charity. This will be correct as of Saturday (when it goes to print), but will have the embargoed liveries.

Mike - Seen your new helmet while at Censport last week. Stunning piece of work/art.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3215899)   #17
codesurge
Rookie

United States
codesurge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
If you are leaving for Sebring before then and dont have access to a printer at a hotel, the ALMS sell a leaflet version of the guide at the ALMS/IMSA Merch trucks for $1 - All money to charity. This will be correct as of Saturday (when it goes to print), but will have the embargoed liveries.
If the money's going to charity and the leaflet is printed on decent quality paper, then I'll probably spare what's left of my color ink cartridge and pick up a copy when I'm at the track.

Thanks for your guides Andy - I've been using them to follow races on TV/online but this is the first time I'm going to be using them trackside; your Sebring guide should be handier than ever!
Old 8 Mar 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3215950)   #18
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
\If you are leaving for Sebring before then and dont have access to a printer at a hotel, the ALMS sell a leaflet version of the guide at the ALMS/IMSA Merch trucks for $1 - All money to charity. This will be correct as of Saturday (when it goes to print), but will have the embargoed liveries.
Thats wonderful to see the ALMS get involved in that, its a handy guide to have and the proceeds go to a worthy charity. Keep up the good work Andy If I was at Sebring I'd buy a dozen and hand some out.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3216061)   #19
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My crew should be arriving sometime Thursday, and I'm sure we'd be interested in the tours with both Falken and JDX.

Anyone else camping?
Old 8 Mar 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3216110)   #20
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Anyone else camping?
Is there any other way to do it? Those guys that stay at the hotels are a bunch of sissies
Old 8 Mar 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3216125)   #21
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
What about camping in the backseat?
Old 8 Mar 2013, 22:54 (Ref:3216152)   #22
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An easier entry list to read!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_12_Hours_of_Sebring
Old 9 Mar 2013, 04:22 (Ref:3216226)   #23
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks!

I just saw a Corvette Racing transporter heading south out of Michigan, the race is getting close!
Felt like spring yesterday when we passed the Audi/Joest R18 haulers headed south on I75. Took me a bit to recognize them, but the second one got my attention. No AudiSport NA branding though, just Audi/Joest Racing R18 large on the side but no mention of Ultra/E-tron unless I missed it in little letters.
The top end of 285 through Atlanta is a great race rig spotting area apparently, already seen Carl Edward's and Danica's Nationwide haulers, 2 Andretti and Rahal Indy haulers, Level 5 racing and now Audi.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3216752)   #24
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Audi having streaming on their website?
Old 10 Mar 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3216830)   #25
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
Will Audi having streaming on their website?
That would be nice but from memory they only streamed Sebring last year because it was part of the WEC last year and this year its not so...