Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Sep 2007, 20:00 (Ref:2018230)   #351
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Eddy, as we are visitors, you have to bring us doughnuts
Old 19 Sep 2007, 20:06 (Ref:2018236)   #352
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahem, see below from the DMN thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Eddy, stay at Spa, I'll bring double doughnuts.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 20:12 (Ref:2018240)   #353
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice try Falcie,I tried to get him to buy us all a beer!
Old 19 Sep 2007, 20:17 (Ref:2018244)   #354
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, 1 beer, 25 straws.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 21:30 (Ref:2018310)   #355
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
While you crew are in a jovial mood , has anybody got a spare seat going back to the UK on the Sunday night. My wife needs to get back for work the next morning (SOMEBODY HAS TO PAY FOR THE RACING ) I am stopping on for a meeting the next weekend . This all hinges on if I (or the car) survive this weekends Brands !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Sep 2007, 07:04 (Ref:2018491)   #356
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure yet Gordon,but a mate is coming over ,he,s got a reserve entry in the HSCC[8th!].He will have an empty car and he said yesterday that he,ll be coming back on Sunday.I doubt there will be a problem,there will be lots of people to ask.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 08:14 (Ref:2018546)   #357
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
OK,Everyone who is going to Spa please stand up[Sit down Gregor],have you all got room,s and who,s staying where?Peter&Pat ,myself and----------? are staying at the Beau-Site.anyone else?
We are at the Balmoral this year. The wife has decided to come and wanted to bring the kids so last year's hotel (Le Relais de Pommard) got the boot as it wasn't to the standards of the little prince and princess. No wonder I'm still slaving away in Moscow!
Old 20 Sep 2007, 08:23 (Ref:2018556)   #358
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Oh,I say Roger,One really has made a super choice Don,t knock slaving away,consider it a privelidge. I take it that everone taking part in the 6hr has read the finals? One question,re-fueling in the inner paddock,behind the F1 pits? At least we are now limited to either Avons or Dunlops,,,Next year purely Dunlops? Fingers crossed. Will they be serving coffee at refueling?

Last edited by terence; 20 Sep 2007 at 08:28.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 08:32 (Ref:2018566)   #359
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not my choice Terry - the FPO decided on hotels this year!
Old 20 Sep 2007, 09:54 (Ref:2018618)   #360
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
we're on site all weekend ( still haven't made a mount on the trailer for the Lambretta)

looks like we'll be inside the circuit this year, not far from the bar at the bottom of Eu Rouge with the pre was cars etc
Old 20 Sep 2007, 10:29 (Ref:2018769)   #361
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
What race[s] are you doing Zef?
Old 20 Sep 2007, 11:04 (Ref:2018786)   #362
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Does everyone know where they are allocated in the paddock? Makes it easier to find people.
The colour scheme of the paddock allocation on the Roadbook website makes me a bit
Old 20 Sep 2007, 11:14 (Ref:2018791)   #363
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Peter an I are hopefully next to Esper,Garage numbers have not been allocated yet though Eddy.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 11:19 (Ref:2018796)   #364
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
TErry

U2TC, Race Sat, late morning

it looks like we're down the bottom of the paddock, .too close to the stinky stream for my liking !
Old 20 Sep 2007, 11:25 (Ref:2018801)   #365
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
TErry

U2TC, Race Sat, late morning

it looks like we're down the bottom of the paddock, .too close to the stinky stream for my liking !
The water should,nt be to bad Zef,that only happens with long dry summers.
Don,t know for sure ,but we could well be down that end ,Esper and his Bohimian Friends are down there,I think. At least with a late morning,we,ll be able to watch.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 11:43 (Ref:2018813)   #366
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
My guess is they will be . . . theres a bar there!

I'll be loking for a spot at the back, near the top as Mrs Zef and Arthur will want P&Q whenever possible, at least we won't be anywhere near the pallet burning pikeys we had last year doing Barrys race!
Old 20 Sep 2007, 12:30 (Ref:2018861)   #367
Good Times
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey / Texas
Good Times should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds fantastic. Pikey,s, Beer, Burning. And of coarse car,s.
Where would one find the FULL results from this event.
And, I dont meen the Pikey,s.
Have fun & wish I was there.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 12:35 (Ref:2018867)   #368
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
From the following website: http://www.roadbook.be/EN/races/courses.html
Old 20 Sep 2007, 12:42 (Ref:2018874)   #369
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
. . . your at Spa, in the middle of a forest and you want to light a fire in a paddock full of expensive cars and motorhomes . . . .what do you do . . . . hire a clapped out transit and drive it all the way from England full of pallets to use as fire wood

genius.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 12:55 (Ref:2018883)   #370
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Yes but pallets are made from a different type of Pine
Old 20 Sep 2007, 13:04 (Ref:2018890)   #371
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Times
Sounds fantastic. Pikey,s, Beer, Burning. And of coarse car,s.
Where would one find the FULL results from this event.
And, I dont meen the Pikey,s.
Have fun & wish I was there.
Sounds like the top of the mountian at Bathurst!!
Old 20 Sep 2007, 14:00 (Ref:2018924)   #372
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Why is every race at Spa a rolling start? Is that a Belgian ASN requirement?
Old 20 Sep 2007, 14:19 (Ref:2018942)   #373
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
You want a standing start going down hill??.The six hour starts from the F1 start line this year,should make La Source interesting on the first lap!,they struggle to get 20 F1s round in one piece let alone 75 old bangers with basic brakes
Old 20 Sep 2007, 14:41 (Ref:2018961)   #374
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Yes, will be interesting to say the least!

Another question. I just got the U2TC entry list. Why are some BMW 1800 Ti's in the same class (C) as the Lotus Cortinas, GTAs etc and then others seem to be in class D?

And Zef, how do you end up in the same class as the Lotus Cortinas?
Old 20 Sep 2007, 14:41 (Ref:2018963)   #375
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
You want a standing start going down hill??.
I have a handbrake in the Cortina that almost works - would probably hold me still enough!